3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kay Ovald 28.02.21 01:55 am

Game Impression (Little Nightmares 2)

Once again we find ourselves in an eerie, grotesque world with a beautiful tin that is going on around. This time in the role of a kid who knows how to change hats. And along the way, we will be able to save a girl who loves raincoats and music boxes. They hold hands so sweetly. :)
As in previous games, we will have an eerie and attractive world, well-drawn, good music, especially the main theme and a great plot with an unexpected ending. And the authors are very good at excellent and creepy endings. There was even a lot of controversy whether it is a prequel or a sequel. You'd better find out the answer yourself. There, in general, you have to think about a lot, it is advisable to open a secret ending (that is, to collect chaotic remains), but they twirled perfectly, I think.
It would be a real masterpiece if not for the very responsive control from the first part, sometimes frankly inconvenient even on joysticks.
And it would be okay if only that, but there is an episode with a flashlight and mannequins ... At this moment, most of the players involuntarily shuddered, or even ran to cool again. For such a monstrous and enchantingly difficult moment, purely because of the shitty controls in the game, can rarely be found directly. Well, except perhaps in one of the DLS to the first part, which I already openly spat on the fence and played out on Yutup (the moment with shadows and a mirror). As the developers advised, I played the whole game on a stimulus controller, and even so this moment was incredibly difficult to pass. As a result, I had to go through the keyboard and it’s a bit easier, but still frank ... I don’t know why to do this (maybe to advertise Koroboks’s joysticks, they say they’re better), but this is something simply monstrous. Moreover, this mechanic is applied only once in the game! What for!
This game is one of the best indie adventures for 4-5 hours in everything, except for one moment at which you can get burned so that you risk throwing your computer out the window.
8/10
5 Comments
Sort by:
K
KossZog 19.03.21

Top, holds the bar set by the first part. There would be more such games aimed at the plot and atmosphere in 2021, when basically all sorts of grind games are riveted. Everything here again influences the atmosphere perfectly, the music, the picture with gloomy surrealism, the tension when meeting with the unfriendly inhabitants of these things, as a bonus there are non-tension puzzles. And even a short duration plays a plus, nothing has time to get bored, there is no special stretching and is passed with interest in an evening or two.

b
berserk_vaiktor 19.03.21

Well, the management is beggarly! But in general, not bad.

R
Reverrius 23.03.21

The sequel to the successful horror platformer from Tarsier Studios and Bandai Namco Entertainment.

The protagonist of Little Nightmares II, a boy named Mono, wakes up in a dark forest all alone. Trying to find at least someone, he wanders into the hut of a local hunter-taxidermist, who makes stuffed animals, both from animals and people. At the hunter's house, Mono meets the Sixth, the main character of the first part. Together they will have to escape not only from the Hunter, but also face the inhabitants of the distorted Pale City.

What about Little Nightmares II? The gameplay has become more diverse, the locations are even more gloomy and "horror", and the local "monsters" - more memorable and creepy. What is only a local school teacher who knows how to stretch her neck to almost any length? And her students are hooligans? By the way, in addition to hide and seek, escapes and riddles, the player will also face direct encounters with local "monsters". However, control while wielding an ax or using a flashlight (you will have to shine on some monsters) is not the most convenient, and it often becomes the cause of the hero's death. The excessive transience of the game is also upsetting - the project is very small, passes quickly, it would definitely not hurt another large location like a local school or hospital.

But in general, we have before us an unambiguously good sequel that will appeal to all fans of both horror / platformers and just high-quality atmospheric games.

8/10

A
Anderby 13.06.21

Passed on NS. Collected all the remains and hats.

Roughly the same as the original part - in places fascinating, in places annoying platformer. The originality has become less, in the first part there was a completely original setting, an isolated strange submarine, here is a banal city, yes, very twisted, but a city. Many riddles are just an example of tastelessness - pushing boxes, levers, electrified floors - it's so commonplace it's embarrassing. But the game is not about riddles, so you can ignore it. Little Nightmares II is, of course, all about the plot, because the limboid. At first it seems that the game is a sequel to the first part, but this is most likely not the case. The plot twists are very catchy.
Still an addicting horror platformer. I hope for DLC. the story of the protagonist seems incomplete.
Spoiler

r
robertpak5 26.01.23

I can say that the game is a masterpiece! Now I'm replaying it for the second time! The first part is amazing too!