3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
demonvandal 06.03.21 03:25 am

Subtitles (Alpha Protocol)

People who know how to somehow reduce the rate of subtitles ?? Really, you don't have time to read some sentences straight for 1 second and that's all ... what a stupidity ((((
48 Comments
Sort by:
P
Percival cox 06.03.21

no, it is impossible, they are synchronized with the English. speech, and rightly so. Learn to read faster

S
Sentarshi 06.03.21

It is much more convenient to read the entire line and skip their speech. But unfortunately the subs are allowed like that. You have to listen to them.

I
Izotic 06.03.21

I do not know what you have with subs. I didn't have any problems.
although maybe it’s because I’m very fast at reading? o_O

1FLyFly1 06.03.21

The fact is that subtitles are displayed in a too narrow line, because of this it changes quickly. Now, if, like in ME or there in DA: O, they were displayed for a whole sentence, then there would be norms, and this is a real mockery of those who cannot read very quickly. You just need to somehow increase the size of the line where the subtitles will be displayed (xs itself, how is it done))

p
prick1e 06.03.21

It looks like this was done on purpose, because console hamsters are more comfortable reading large letters and short phrases.

j
justpsih 06.03.21

HE IS NOT (next line) He
said that he was
cheating .... well, etc. you won't get bored with dialogues ...

_
_GrID_ 06.03.21

I would find a crack ...

n
nahabin 06.03.21

When the words of subtitles, messages about a new task and some other information at the top of the screen are running at the same time, I understand that I am not Julius Caesar. And in parallel with the crooked subtitles there is an action that cannot be seen. This is just a game, not a TRAINER for special agents.

P
Percival cox 06.03.21

well so train

m
makrox 06.03.21

To adapt to the curvature of developers is not a rest and a game, but a waste of time.

n
nahabin 06.03.21

Percival CoX
To train in squint, I don’t want to thank you.

f
fallen55rus 06.03.21

The localization of the game is terrible, I agree that the games should be translated only by captions, but damn it is necessary to treat this work more responsibly, the fact that the captions appear at a breakneck speed is still half the trouble, but the fact that the words are transferred and not even always in syllables, I consider it complete hack and no excuses for this. Fortunately, I am not bad at English and the dialogues, and so I understand, but I can imagine how most of the players will go astray. Let's hope that someone will make a crack.

m
makrox 06.03.21

fallen55rus

I agree that knowledge of English is a completely different viewing angle, and more interesting. ;)

a
artemik331 06.03.21

subtitles do not bother me a little, small phrases are more convenient to perceive than if they were given out in sentences

M
MrVivek 06.03.21

I don’t know English, and I don’t know how to read quickly. As a result, I had to abandon the game, which I had been waiting for almost a year. Now all that remains is to sit and wait for someone to fix the problem with subtitles.

D
DAMAN111 06.03.21

The game is unfinished and cheese like a basement after the rain, that's why there are problems with subs.

M
Mr. Wesker 06.03.21

Subtitles annoy me, I could be honored with voice acting!

M
MrVivek 06.03.21

The voice acting could turn out to be a curve, as in ME. And it turns out to be subtitles and you can get used to it. The main thing is to endure the training, and then it turns out quite tolerably well. True, still the time for the answer was not limited, and in general there would be beauty))

j
justpsih 06.03.21

at first, no * ya had time to read them. but then I quibbled, and you know it's really cool when you don't get bored reading.

q
qwert100500 06.03.21

> Let's hope that someone will make a crack.
It's not about Russification, but about displaying subtitles on the screen. In the English version (and in all the others) the situation is similar. The subtitles are synchronized (by the developers) with the speech, and even if the translators combined two lines, they would stay on the screen exactly as long as a short snippet. The solution to the problem would be to change the size of the text fragments AND the timing of their output. That is, let's say, instead of two short snippets, it outputs one long one, but so that it stays on the screen in duration, like two short ones. But this is not the task of the translator, you need to redo the scripts for displaying subtitles on the screen.