3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
M0f 10.03.21 01:54 am

Is Shay a villain or a hero? (Assassin's Creed: Rogue)

Slightly offended hero.
41 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nighthawkreal 10.03.21

Well, firstly, they were the first to translate, moreover, by the forces of the same person, Shay just stole the book. And secondly, Shay believes everything that is told to him, for example, various good generals and enemies of his Brotherhood. By the way, a book without a box is useless. And wasn't it easier to just burn it?

N
Nighthawkreal 10.03.21

What could they tell Neck? Would we do the same as the byaki assassins? After his psychological trauma? They are not idiots.

Perhaps he did not trust Neck or did not escape the temptation to personally beat Achilles.

N
Nighthawkreal 10.03.21

Well, he respected the conscientious Neck, which he needed. To cripple and break morally is not bad.

The developers tried to make them good, while trying to keep good assassins. It turned out not very well as always. Honesty is a relative concept, the same Monroe has never lied, just forgot to say that he is a Templar and used the Neck in the dark until he finally got stuck and had nowhere to go. And he himself would have stuck a knife in his back if he disobeyed.
The final goal of the Templars was shown to us, on a small scale, I didn't like it.

A
Anemorus 10.03.21

As for me, Shay Cormac is a hero here, that as he saw what the Assassins were doing - they are trying to overwhelm the Templars by any means! And by the way, about that piece of Eden that Shay found in Lisbon, it is similar to the one that Connor found when he sued for Kidd's treasure!

G
GDFrost1.4 10.03.21

A hero with a soul.

S
SeniorJoker 10.03.21

NightHawkreal
the same Monroe never lied, he just forgot to say that he is a Templar,
simple caution. few go to former enemies with open arms.

used the Neck in the dark, until he finally got stuck and had nowhere to go.
but then she realized what he was doing. Monroe, I think, just believed in him. Who knows what was on his mind. Favorable strategic importance of the neck or something else. In the sense of stuck? Shay helped Monroe, realizing that his actions incur fewer civilian casualties or even avoid them altogether. And he chooses the Templars based on his personal preferences. Then he backs it up with loyalty.

S
SeniorJoker 10.03.21

wassups
let's not forget that under the Templar power totalitarianism will come) that ooooooochen well confirmed by the actions of abstergo.

S
SeniorJoker 10.03.21

wassups
I also do not confuse. Abstergo follows society. Offers its products crammed everywhere. Tracks via satellite. Surely the authorities are in a material connection with them. They release their films and books. In general, abstergo controls people's lives to one degree or another. Undesirable competitors are exterminated once or twice. Maybe they do not control the whole society, but there is something from this.

S
SeniorJoker 10.03.21

Or do they need all the trinkets of the forerunners? Hardly. We would like to arrange totalitarianism - long ago we would have arranged it without any ... Apples, for example.

Well yes. I didn't write anything about artifacts. Abstergo actions can be divided into external and internal. External public relations media, etc. Internal order, animus, genetic memory research, search and use of artifacts, etc. And they can develop independently of each other.

N
Nighthawkreal 10.03.21

wassups
Symbolism is a separate topic altogether. In general, I was amused that the assassins hung their flags at every corner. Sneak is obviously tricky. )))
Listen to the dialogues, Monroe only then admits that he is a Templar, and first Shay cut the people into the dark.

And if you get caught - accept death and do not whine.

N
Nighthawkreal 10.03.21

That's what I'm talking about. A bunch of holes and inconsistencies in history came out simply because they tried to connect the incompatible. If Shay had been a Templar from birth, the story would have turned out much better.

G
General146 10.03.21

Remembering the dialogue on the ship when you sail to save Monroe, Cormac asks his assistant how long ago they guessed that he was an Assassin. So Shay himself understood perfectly well who he was working with, and he himself especially tried not to spread about who he was.

N
Nighthawkreal 10.03.21

Duc Monroe himself admitted that he is a Templar, when he returned the book, here Shay had a question.

We need to start writing a petition so that Shay appears in the plot again.

S
Sergey Lyovkin 10.03.21

as for me it depends on the style of the game (the plot is the plot, but vryatli you will be a hero killing peaceful people to the right and to the left)

K
Keks 10.03.21

Hero. And rightly so, that he left the Assassins.

A
Angelica04 10.03.21

The hero, in general, the assassins are annoying, the first part of the norms was, the second passed through myself, the additions did not play, the third part did not play, the fourth sea battles played the plot until the end and did not go through to the end, the fifth, Paris, is also some kind of delusional. And this part is the most chic since the first part. I also want a part for the Templars. Assassins are generally not friends with their heads forever, either take revenge or stupidly kill by order. Plus the Templars for order, and the asasans for anarchy.

N
Nighthawkreal 10.03.21

What I understood about Neck. From the very beginning he interpreted the Creed in a childish way, in the spirit of early Edward - We have Freedom, and this type, which I personally do not like, indicates to me. In addition, he envied his brother, believing that he would become the successor of Achilles, what a blow to pride. His pity for Washington and the treasurer does not speak of his intelligence. The same Washington was devoted to the Order to the last breath and would have continued to spoil the Brotherhood while he was alive. And then a tragedy occurs in Lisbon - what a gorgeous excuse for Shay. Maybe he really believed that the Assassins were to blame, because he really wanted to believe - after all, now it turns out that it was not he who betrayed the Brotherhood, but the Brotherhood betrayed him, killed a bunch of innocents, he is now a hero. In any case, without really explaining anything, Shay throws a tantrum, blames the Mentor for everything, and it is not surprising that he does not believe him. And our hero is right there, not cold, goes to betrayal. And then a kind uncle Monroe appears on the horizon, who, perfectly understanding what benefit an apostate who knows a lot about local assassins can bring, takes him into circulation, telling half the truth and completely forgetting to mention that he is a Templar, asks him to do a couple of things, ready kill him if he refuses, until Shay realizes that there is no turning back, which is well shown in a conversation with the Hunter. But he could not try, Shay shows fabulous naivety - the Templar says that the Assassins want to poison the whole city? Of course it's true, why should he lie? By the way, Neck's nagging about oh, I didn't want to, oh, I had no way out, etc., which is taken for compassion, this just shows us that he is not even able to answer for the consequences of his choice, if he has already switched over, then it is not Noah. I remember how Avelina let go of the governor, because she decided that it would be better this way. Although she knew perfectly well what would anger the teacher. But everything is allowed. So the Templars are shown well, but alas, Shay is just a weak-minded fool who can be easily controlled.

N
Nighthawkreal 10.03.21

I don’t remember something, he just says that he is a man who cares for ordinary people. For the first time, the word Order sounds in a farewell letter.

It's just that, unlike Shey, I don't believe them. ) Haytham was a child, but this kind of adult ...

A
Anderson777- 10.03.21

it has both a dark and a light side

-
-MaEsTrO- 10.03.21

this person went on the credit "may the father of understanding guide us" and he forgot the assassin's credo