3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RafPayne3 11.03.21 01:25 am

a problem of .... psyche ... or ... character. (Inside)

Hello. I'm 17 years old. and recently (well, about a year and a half) I have such a problem. No, though. It was there before. But it has recently escalated. Whatever I start, I want to finish quickly. I start a new game, and in about an hour or two I want it to end quickly. Even if I like this game, but I want to quickly watch the end credits and turn off the game. Thus, I did not go through Fallout 3 (I started it 6 times and I threw it 6 times) and New Vegas, Oblivion (Skyrim went through with grief in half, well, I ran through the last quests), and many many other games. I really like these games but I get bored. why? I recently installed the first Fallout. I liked the game. But I can say I ran it. and very quickly. in 3-4 days. But it's not just in games. Movies, concerts, books and more. I want to come to the end all the time. I remember when I was a child I played 100 hours in SPORE alone. Now I can't play 20 hours. I have such a suspicion that I have either depression or schizophrenia. Well, look at the test for schizophrenia tendency, created at some university, showed me 98% susceptibility to schizophrenia. On the other hand, schizophrenia is in many ways similar to depression. Here it is 50 to 50. But this state of "endpoint requirement", let's call it so, has become aggravated (that is, it was before about 11-12 years ago) about a year and a half ago. And a year and a half ago I switched from dull music to metal. And not on some heavy there (although sometimes I listened to) but Death and Black Metal. So that's it. I have such a theory. Maybe heavy music somehow influenced my psyche and this reflected on my needs? Maybe music activated schizophrenia? Although .... in my opinion this is nonsense.
The fact is that I want to play, but everything quickly gets boring. And I've already tried everything. and does not sit at the computer for weeks, and play through force, and inspire himself that it is very interesting and much more. Books are the same. I read it seems to be interesting, but I don't want to follow the plot. Maybe someone came across this? what to do?
59 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexator 11.03.21

I think that you should be flogged and sent to the army. No, of course, you can whine about the fact that you are growing up and your tastes are changing, but this is so boring, corny and obvious ...

S
Sidorovich12 11.03.21

Aleksator
Exactly, the army will teach you how to finish what you started as soon as possible .

d
diixtra 11.03.21

you just matured, get used to it

A
Alexator 11.03.21

Sidorovich12
in the army more valuable experience of independent life without a mother, despite the fact that they feed and clothe.

S
Sidorovich12 11.03.21

Alexator
Well, not everyone can do it in the army. For some, especially at home, the army breaks morale, while for others it gives time and the opportunity to grow up.

d
danilukHF 11.03.21

Aleksator
Sidorovich12
You two were in the army yourself?

A
Alexator 11.03.21

Sidorovich12
yes, it's awful - in the army you realize that nobody needs you and if you need something, you have to do it yourself.

danilukHF
kanesh. I went to work and was half an hour late. Well, he left early.

S
Sidorovich12 11.03.21

danilukHF
I have served mine for a long time. So I speak from my own experience.
Alexator
Well it depends on how you put yourself. In principle, this is the case everywhere.

B
Bokor 11.03.21

Well, what nonsense xD With a schiza and a depression they put on treatment (there is no time for entertainment in general), you don’t have that. It seems to me everything is simple - it doesn’t catch you, it’s not interesting, so why torture yourself, play forcibly ?? Find another hobby shorter. Maybe instead of looking for how to entertain yourself, you should try to study how something is done and then it will interest you? Cinematography eg fashion, design?
And the influence of music on the psyche is aerobatics delirium, to be honest. Then I must also have a bunch of mental deviations, if I listened, listen and will listen to industrial, dark ambient and drone, this is all the music of Hell, as the grandmothers say.

7Rain7 11.03.21

The boy is just growing up)
Find yourself a woman
Spoiler

G
Garrus-1994 11.03.21

7Rain7
With such a woman, growing up will end immediately, even before it has begun.

7Rain7 11.03.21

Garrus-1994
Come on, some people like it
Spoiler

G
Garrus-1994 11.03.21

7Rain7
Yes you are right, the main thing is the soul, not the chest, the butt with the face. I forget sometimes. And you can also stick a hippo: D

7Rain7 11.03.21

Garrus-1994
No no, you're wrong)))

G
Garrus-1994 11.03.21

7Rain7
Ahaha, why? : D

A
Aips95 11.03.21

RafPayne3
Maybe this is just a special form of laziness?) To tell the truth, I also can't keep myself busy with something, I can't read a book for a long time, or play a game for a long time. Sometimes even a movie can be watched. In my opinion, this is a subconscious desire for a change of scenery. You can try to find a new hobby. If you're broke, just change your activity more often, it's even good for your brains. For example, I go through DS3, Undertale, the Witcher, Stalker, read a book and watch the series at the same time.
PS In general, you need to do something useful, then you won't care about this "problem".

T
Tyler durden 17 11.03.21

old age came unnoticed

R
Ray_S 11.03.21

wake up neo_
the matrix has you_

people (including gamers) have just got drunk ... every day a new game comes out, movies, etc. ... advertising forces you to buy everything new that was fashionable yesterday - today is not a trend - they say go for new clothes, a game, a video card ... the pace of life adjusts to the imposed consumerism .. and behind all this consumption, the taste for life is lost. that's enough attention for an hour or two ... and then something distracts.
we are being zombified. )))

m
mangelo 11.03.21

but what kind of schizophrenia? well, you don’t want to play - don’t play, do something useful for society))))

W
Wing42 11.03.21

mangelo
I will tell you a secret that very few people here understand schizophrenia, limiting themselves to knowledge about the article on Wikipedia, but nevertheless many people try to diagnose it in themselves or others.