3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DarkStrip73 11.03.21 01:25 am

Early Access Impressions (Master of Orion (2016))

Well, how do you guys play?))
59 Comments
Sort by:
H
Henta 11.03.21

Elior
Above everything is there. Only one setting in the VALUE TYPE is changed instead of 4 bytes FLOAT. How long can you ask the same question?

E
Elior 11.03.21

I'm talking about setting up a cheat engine
if I haven't changed anything as downloaded and say so;) everything is by default

H
Henta 11.03.21

Elior
If nothing is written about this, what is the conclusion, what kind of kindergarten?

S
StrangerSE 11.03.21

There is nothing particularly in the game. Passed without any difficulty.
More colonies - more money and higher research speed. You stamp colonization ships and clog the area with your colonies. If possible, destroy the settlers of competitors (this discards them in development).

V
Victor Petrichenko 11.03.21

What kind of person is holding the cross sign? how to remove it and why did it appear like that?

D
Denis Selyaev 11.03.21

Viktor Petrichenko
strikers, xs for various reasons, maybe taxes are high, maybe there is not enough food, maybe there is no security, maybe something else

E
Elior 11.03.21

lower taxes;) I generally scored on them))
threw strikers into science + 1-1 difference is not particularly))) you
point the mouse at loyalty or the mood writes there that gives bonuses and what they don't like,
but almost always it's taxes))

t
tourent 11.03.21

Elior Morale needs to
be raised, my taxes are at the maximum, but I have built all the buildings on morale and no more strikes!

t
tourent 11.03.21

Elior
If the address is dynamic, how can it not change even if it is "true"? In this game, the addresses are dynamic, they are updated every move for sure, maybe even more often. Address tables will not help in any way, because firstly x64, and secondly - every time you start the addresses will be different, for three hundred years I have not seen a game in which static addresses would be used. Modern technologies do not imply such a possibility, especially for ordinary applications.

I
Insurgent 11.03.21

My impressions: for oldfags - a masterpiece. Everyone who expected the return of the "old mechanics" from the new Orion will remain in the wildest delight. Those who have played such 4X strategies as Endless Space or Distant Worlds (like me) will not find anything so special or unique in it.

E
Elior 11.03.21

there is no old strategy;) this is not an MOO
from MOO, there are only races everything else from any other games but not MOO

p
pashalet 11.03.21

The impression is mixed. On the one hand, something remotely skipped a beat in the heart, since countless hours were spent behind the first Orion. Nostalgia is knocking on the door!
On the other hand, some points are striking:

-Incredible stupidity and illogical AI rulers. The more powerful your empire, the more stupid the behavior of your neighbors. The cock king, who never managed to develop and vegetated in one system, made fun of him. I didn’t climb up to him, I peacefully exchanged cards, offered to trade, I even gave something once - but the cockerel’s attitude was still steadily falling. And finally, when I developed in the most "do not indulge", he suddenly galloped up with a demand: they say, pay tribute, give back four planets and the most valuable technologies! And after the refusal, he immediately declared war and attacked;) Naturally, his miserable fleet was immediately destroyed, and on the next turn I casually bombarded the Alkarian capital with atomic bombs. Do you think the cock has lowered his tone? No, even in response to a generous offer of peace - he again began to demand something and was destroyed in a second.

-If your race is strong in science, then there is a huge temptation to pump technology and crush the enemy with the most powerful weapon. But by the time you study it, all wars will be over. Opponents will long have time to cut themselves off, jump on you, and you will either lose or win - with the help of the most ordinary cruisers with the most ordinary guns. It takes too long to develop to the final super-super-mega fluff and ships. So the tastiest buns, like the Death Star, you simply don't have time to try out in battle. And now you seem to have it - well-deserved, obtained by sweat and blood - and there is nothing to do with it.

-Here you are waging a difficult war on two fronts, you deftly maneuver in the diplomatic struggle (greatly simplified since the time of MOO2), frantically solving the problems of the discontented population, at the same time trying to develop - all this lasts forever, and now ... you ... finally .. . you win! And what is the reward ?? Maybe they'll show you some dramatic cutscenes? Will they give out a detailed story about your achievements and what happened to your people next? Nope ... The player is dry and bored, they say: well, ok, you won. All. Titles. The desire to immediately replay the game after this - somehow does not arise.

J
JimmiNeiton 11.03.21

Thank you all, it was interesting to read, now I would like to watch a video review)

t
tourent 11.03.21

pashalet
Well, the taste and color of felt-tip pens are different ... The stupidity of AI is explained by the dampness of the alpha version itself. It's fun to kill the Orions with the Death Star. I chose the option of a diplomatic victory, the most difficult because diplomacy in the game does not work, everyone was afraid and afraid, no matter how much you appease them. And when at the end of the Council everyone votes for me, I feel like someone whose name cannot be called ... oh, excuse me, Vladimir Vladimirovich ...

p
pashalet 11.03.21

tourent - I don't argue, I would like to believe that these are only alpha flaws. After all, diplomacy is very important in this game.

In general, I would like "international relations" to finally step from primitive scripts to something more complex. More close to reality. So that the dialogue between the Lord of the Pack Alkari and their ambassador could look like this:
- Chik-chirik, Mr. Ambassador! I heard that you hoped you demanded tribute from the Republic of the people, and even called their leader a "vulture"?
- Chick-chirp, oh well!
- Do you really think so?
- Oh then! Vulture, you know!
- That's how it is, just you understand ... Look, a map of the galaxy. See? People are right at our borders ... And Sirius has already been taken away.
- From the mean thing!
- Bastards. Calm down, Mr. Ambassador, let's think. So people are vultures, and even strong, aggressive?
- Well, that's how it is.
- They have thermonuclear bombs, unlike us.
- Shit ... - Their
battleships are again more powerful, there are a lot of landing ships, the army is 5 times larger than ours. So?
- Well?
- Bagels wildebeest, tailed curva !!! Keep your filthy tongue in your beak, otherwise you will fly out of the nest in 24 hours !!!!

A
Abomination321 11.03.21

The game seems to be normal, but it is raw and easy in 2 hours, Orion captured and won everything at once

a
alexpiz 11.03.21

The rarest perversion of the amazing game MOO wargaming fucked up as usual

E
Elior 11.03.21

the game has been updated, look at the torrents of the world;) name
Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars (2.4.0.10) (GOG)
Spoiler

D
DrAgon_steel 11.03.21

The game is a shadow of the original. There is an impression: not for a PC, but for tablets, everything is too simplified. There is no battle at all. Diplomacy, trade, resources, buildings, technology - everything is simplified. Potato.
ZY Loot and science to old, good artmans, break easily.