3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Guwanc 11.03.21 02:51 am

Film adaptation of video games

Nowadays there is a fashion for video game adaptations. What game would you like to see the movie on?
PS I'd love to see a movie on Spec Ops The Line. The game is excellent, the film would have been a good one. Far Cry 3 will be fine too ...
24 Comments
Sort by:
S
Spiny 11.03.21

You can shoot any film based on the game, the point is the director's understanding of what kind of game it is. Vaughn, Max Payne did not quite understand the essence of the game correctly. There is still a problem. The problem is that making a movie for the fans is not very good. It's all about money. It is necessary to make the film in such a way to please both fans and just movie lovers. For example, the Warcraft movie came out. A film for fans. Nothing really explained to us there. Okay, I know the universe and grasped everything on the fly, but after all, ordinary people who are not even familiar with the game at all, many questions remain in my head. If the film is presented beautifully both for fans and ordinary people, then the box office will be larger. So I think. Still remember the Hitman ... Well, there I'm already afraid to imagine that they smoked.

G
Guwanc 11.03.21

Spiny
Agree. Ubisoft is making a film about Assassins Creed and Division. We, those who played these games, will understand, but the rest ...

M
MunchkiN 616 11.03.21

if you think about popekakumekat - then no, probably.
maybe, based on mass effect, it is very expensive and cool to be, but there the specifics of the universe are such that little epicness can get. and so kintso. maybe a film based on diabla would have looked. Yes, the field of the 3rd game is somehow reluctant.
otherwise, either it is not possible to select the actors so that they are like in the game or some kind of nonsense is removed.
and in the most sophisticated nightmares of the night I see a TV serial on tes with endless quests.

M
Mage Hermit 11.03.21

rPeBoJL
And the film was never made ...

L
Le Gaspilleur 11.03.21

But the film was never made ...
Spoiler

r
rPeBoJL 11.03.21

Cheburator Founder would
most likely be just another three-piece. but still...

G
Garrus-1994 11.03.21

By Mass Effect.

A
Alexator 11.03.21

Guwanc
Now the fashion for film adaptations of video games
has gone.

P
PCHalfFullHD 11.03.21

The adaptation of video games is stupidity, IMHO, and a banal desire to weld on popularity. There are just a ton of great books of all genres in the world that are so eager to see screens - why film already visual products (which are also interactive)?

It's like asking the trumpet player to play the Moonlight Sonata. He, if a virtuoso, may do it well, but the original is still unlikely to outperform - and they love the original.

t
the endless misanthropy o 11.03.21

reshoot the stalker, otherwise it is not the game at all

Spoiler

V
VasiliyGal 11.03.21

It seems to me that now everything is being done with the aim of welded. I would like to see a film based on Half life 2

t

VasiliyGal
well done, I want to pay to watch a dumb man climb the ventilation in a movie

t

in general, some puny geeks filmed a short film

V
VasiliyGal 11.03.21

I want a whole movie with details

D
DenisVarga 11.03.21

I don't want to see movies on games in any way. Game films are not needed. It's impossible to make a good film for multiplayer games, since there is no plot in them, and gag is garbage. And for story games, films are not stupidly needed. Since we see the whole plot in the game, and it is interactive.

V
VasiliyGal 11.03.21

the endless misanthropy of the black cosmos
In the film, Hardcore, the protagonist does not say a word

t

VasiliyGal
maybe he kept a hot dumpling

about INTO a movie?

V
VasiliyGal 11.03.21

DenisVarga
On the whole I agree, but after playing a good game I want to continue. And if the next part of the game is not foreseen, you can distract yourself with its adaptation

V
VasiliyGal 11.03.21

the endless misanthropy of the black cosmos
entire film in the first person. They made a dude something like a cyborg. And he was silent because they did not have time to install the speech module

t

VasiliyGal

So this is not hardcore. Here is a dumpling hot for 2 hours in your mouth - hardcore.