3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mr Blackstar 12.03.21 01:34 am

To take or not to take Skyrim? (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

While there is a discount on Steam for Skyrim, I want to buy it. Tell me whether to take it or not?

A ban is given for a link to a pirated version (moderator)
50 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wild rider 12.03.21

roma1397
The difference in genres. TES O is an MMORPG, and the numbered parts of the series are offline sandbox RPGs.

R
Roman Selezen 12.03.21

Wild Rider
http://www.playground.ru/blogs/elder_scrolls_online/elder_scrolls_online_vs_skyrim-181308/
Here read the article and you will understand which is better than

Artemisss
It will also be useful for you to read the article above

A
Artemisss 12.03.21

roma1397
I read, thanks for the article, but this fact does not change the fact that it will be free) "TESO was just created with an eye on the previous games from Bethesda, in order to attract fans of this particular franchise in the first place." absolutely, except for the world where everything happens (there are some similar features) And since I am a fan of skurim and not only (passed both Oblivion and a little morovind) (but in turn did not buy a license, yes, yes, a brazen pirate, but I really do not I understand what is the point of buying an offline game, and I honestly tried to figure it out, asked a lot of friends and only a few said that they say for the sake of achievements, but there is a mod for adding achievements to the game, I answered, and here is a dialogue about testing ended, the only thing in my opinion why you need to buy a game is to support the developer,but to be honest, after the 4th folly, I don’t feel like it) but I’m distracted, I’m a fan of the smoke, but to be honest, TEC online didn’t hook me, well, this is my personal opinion, so it does not have to coincide with yours)

W
Wild rider 12.03.21

roma1397
I say again, the game has a different genre. You can't prove that TEC O is better than a person who doesn't digest mmo. He will not care about all the other benefits. Therefore, the games are incomparable.

Artemisss
"is to support the developer, but to be honest, after the 4th folly, I don't want to"
This cannot be a reason not to buy Skyrim, especially if you are a fan of this game. Besezda Fall has never been normal. Well, she can’t be in this episode.

R
Roman Selezen 12.03.21

Artemisss
Wild Rider
I have nothing more to say to you, I do not like to argue and impose my opinion, which is what I wish for you)

A
Artemisss 12.03.21

roma1397
Why else are forums needed?) to argue, but I don't impose anything, I just share my thoughts on this matter =) Wild Rider
This cannot be a reason not to buy Skyrim, especially if you are a fan of this game. Besezda Fall has never been normal. Well, she can’t be in this episode.
But about folich, do not, the 3rd was good! Yes, and New Vegas is also very even, although New Vegas did not make it. And about supporting the developers or not, well, look, you say that "This cannot be a reason not to buy Skyrim" This is the reason not to buy, folich 4th did the same developed? the same, so I don’t want to support the developers, no matter what they continued to do, they first fed us such gorgeous games, the TE line, folich, and then folly 4 rushed, then TE6 judging by the trend of modern games and for some reason I’m sure that the effect will be the same as with the folout. Why such thoughts? and on the example of another good studio, Rocksteady, which gave just gorgeous 3 parts of the batman (although I didn't like the second one so much) and on the last one I screwed up terribly! the same thing awaits the gazebo,

W
Wild rider 12.03.21

Artemisss
Well, with this approach you can go even further: probably one-sixth of the scrolls should not be bought, even if it is good in itself. It is enough to explain your principles by the release of Fallout 4 and the last Batman, like sooner or later the developers will roll down and release bullshit, so why should they pay? =)
Your money (150r) will not do the weather for the developers, especially given the current ruble exchange rate. They receive the main income within 2-3 weeks after the release. But the Gazebo also observes what games are in demand among them. So if they see that fallout sales will fall, and Skyrim sales are very stable for a long time, then there is a chance that they will think about the quality of the product being released. The first bell has already rang - assessments on metacritics.
So, if this is not greed, then rather strange principles, not strongly supported by logic. Developers should be encouraged for a quality product, ignored if it is of poor quality (my position).

By the way, you must also understand the policy of the site. Here, in general, they have a very negative attitude even to calls to download pirates. I wanted to delete this topic, actually, well, or at least close and clean up, but left it to see who and what will write here.
The only thing is, I am very tolerant of the "pig in a poke" argument. Those. I have nothing against people downloading and evaluating the game for free (if there is no demo version). The main thing is to be honest if you like the game. It is very pleasant that such people still remain on the site.

A
Artemisss 12.03.21

Wild Rider
I agree with you, but if the 6th scrolls come out good, then I will definitely buy it, it's just that my position is not the same to agitate people to pirate, not in any way) I just don't want the developers to be encouraged for the merits of past games. It is necessary that they be assessed according to the current state of affairs.

R
RomanTough 12.03.21

take

L
Lorek01 12.03.21

I think it's easier to download the pirated version, because there are no special differences.