3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
andrewGaara 12.03.21 01:43 am

Ciri. Sword. Q (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello.
I have not read books on The Witcher, but I have already forgotten a lot about the game.

Then the question just came to mind: why does Ciri use only one sword? If I understand correctly, then witchers always have two swords - steel for humanoids and silver for monsters. What about Ciri? What is her sword and how does she deal with different species?
42 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mesсaline 12.03.21

You can kill a person with silver (the main thing is to be sharp), especially since there seems to be a purely covering from it, and not the whole sword, this is just not important

A
AleXStein 12.03.21

andrewGaara
because Ciri is not a real witch. she has no right to carry two swords by the standards of the witcher's code

a
andrewGaara 12.03.21

Well, it just looks a little weird to me. Especially when I spanked into Kaer Morhen and there are a bunch of pretentious witchers with pretentious swords on their backs. And each has 2 swords. I thought about the fact that from the point of view of the world and books, after all, the type of sword is of great importance. I think that it is in the game that the difference will be very noticeable at the most difficult levels (although I'm not sure I played it), but you can still kill people with silvers.

Just wondering if there is an explanation for this from the author. In books or wherever. This is hardly a mistake.

J
JUnnAmmED 12.03.21

andrewGaara
By play, she has a steel sword. She uses one most likely because it will be superfluous. Firstly, she is not a witch, so two swords behind her back will look rather strange. Secondly, this is just additional weight. One the sword already weighs a lot, so the second will only interfere. Well, and thirdly, she can kill monsters with a steel sword, making butter.

D
Dark537 12.03.21

Jerusalem_96 so then Ciri has a steel sword.
andrewGaara
The fact is that Ciri is not prof. witch (yes they call her that but ...) She is trained in handling iron by the witcher yes, she knows where to poke a monster yes. But he does not do it professionally for many reasons. Not tested with herbs. So they gave her a little drink in Kaer Morhen. History is connected with the sword. And one hint. But about this in the books.

a
andrewGaara 12.03.21

AleXStein
Well, it's kind of stupid. All witchers like her were considered a witcher, the first one who became a witcher without mutations, it seems. And what does this have to do with swords? These are not diplomas, but a functional tool that needs to deal with bad guys. Once they trained a woman to fight, it means they taught me to use different swords. But if this is explained by the code, then for me it's so stupid it's simple. She should also carry two swords.

And I suspect that this is either related to her abilities, or she has a special sword of some kind. :)

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.03.21

AleXStein
What does the code have to do with it? There is no code, Geralt invented it for himself in order to negotiate with his own conscience. His conscience, unlike other witchers, remained. And the fact that Ciri is not a witch is a fact, so she does not need a silver sword. But if in the main game you get a certain ending, then Geralt gives her a silver sword

o
omskcity 12.03.21

Ciri is not a witch, so she has one sword, but if at the end of the game you follow the path of making her a witch, then Geralt will give her a silver sword and bless her for great deeds.

J
JUnnAmmED 12.03.21

ZlobnyDed
But if you get a certain ending in the main game, then Geralt gives her a silver sword,
not a silver one, but a steel one, he even equips it in a steel slot.

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.03.21

JUnnAmmED
I know. I think this is a flaw. Why does she need a second steel sword, and even exactly the same one? Of course, it can be assumed that she lost her sword in the last battle with Caranthir, but she still has a sword before entering the tower. Well, the second aspect - she was delighted with the "witcher" sword. What other signs of a witch's sword could be if it is visually a copy of her steel sword?

J
JUnnAmmED 12.03.21

ZlobnyDed
I think it would be fixed in 12 patches. Maybe it's the runes that are present on the sword, but not likely.

D
Dark537 12.03.21

ZlobnyDed
The fact is that Ciri received her sword, let's say, not in very rosy circumstances. We can assume (pull by the ears) that Geralt decided that nafig her these memories were not needed and made a fit))

a
andrewGaara 12.03.21

Well, thanks for the clarification. But all this is somehow strange.

Z
ZlobnyDed 12.03.21

Dark537
Figasse, how did the circumstances not please you? There, the Destiny played a role for itself, this was admitted by the previous owner of the sword and even Bonhart.

R
Riws 12.03.21

A steel sword is for people, and a silver one for monsters is, to put it mildly, not true. There are monsters for whom silver is deadly, and there are those against which steel helps. Not all, but meteorite. From such meteorite steel, Geralt, apparently, asked to forge a sword for Ciri.

A
Alxmo 12.03.21

First of all, it should be said that Ciri is not a witch after all. It's just that she is like a daughter to Geralt, and therefore he did not find anything better than raising her in Kaer Morhen, even though they were not there for a long time. The witchers taught her their arts only because they wanted to teach her how to defend herself from dangers, for she is the Daughter of the Elder Blood and further blah blah blah. But no one could become a full-fledged witcher, and no one wanted to do it, only fizukha and possession of a sword. And then - she does not earn witchcraft, she does not need to kill the drowning people for a penny, she does not live on this and two swords did not give the fuck to her. And the sword, like the witch's medallion, is a trophy, her own, the sword is really special, but the details are only in the books.

S
Svejincev 12.03.21

AleXStein
in the books of the witchers there is no code, it is only in the series

J
JUnnAmmED 12.03.21

Svejincev
http://the-witcher.ucoz.ua/publ/vedmachij_kodeks/1-1-0-2

D
Dark537 12.03.21

ZlobnyDed
Ie the fact that he beat her to put it mildly, drove her on a leash, exhibited in the arena and all this in anticipation of death, and in the
meantime he bought her sword of the rules of the circumstance ?!)) He implies Bonhart

R
Rabidity 12.03.21

I remember that in some books Geralt also did not always wear 2 swords on himself. At one time he carried a steel sword on himself, and carried a silver one on the Roach as a replaceable one. Depending on the circumstances and monsters, I changed them. And yes, as already mentioned, contrary to the opinion of the majority, the silver sword is not only for monsters, just as the steel sword is not only for people.
Ciri, in principle, is not a witch, she does not really need a second sword. She does not practice the craft, she only has knowledge and is trained in fencing.
And about the code that was mentioned here. There are general rules for the Witchers, in the style of not taking orders for people, not taking payment in advance for an order, etc., but Geralt has his own laws and morals, so he invented the rest of the rules for himself and excuses himself by the fact that there is a certain code that does not allow him to do this and that.