3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TeMNick 13.03.21 12:46 am

Asus laptop does not wake up from sleep mode

About a month ago I bought an Asus K501UX laptop and for three weeks it lived without problems. But about five days ago, Windows (ten) for some reason decided to either reinstall itself, or something else. In general, there was a long installation of Windows updates: as with a normal installation. This leaves all files and programs.
But just after that, the laptop stopped waking up from sleep mode. Rather, the laptop itself worked when the lid was opened: the blower turned on, the hard disk turned on, but the screen did not light up. Only restarting the laptop helped.

Tell me what's the matter, pliz
33 Comments
Sort by:
s
safot 13.03.21

TeMNick
then just turn off both sleep and hibernation and wait for another update.

T
TeMNick 13.03.21

urban.kalabanovich
no, there is definitely no such thing, there
is only asus usb charger plus and no more progs in one way or another related to power supply

b
bazilews 13.03.21

TeMNick
You tell me, what does the hibernation mode not suit you ???
Is it difficult to open the lid and press the button ???

T
TeMNick 13.03.21

bazilews
I started restoring Windows, after a couple of hours I'll write down what and how) it's
not difficult, it's just that if there is a problem, then I want to either get rid of it, or understand what is the reason

b
bazilews 13.03.21

TeMNick
This problem may disappear with the next update of the Windows version or when you roll back Windows and turn off the updates, which I do not recommend you do, but see for yourself. By the way, do you have Windows licensed or not ???

T
TeMNick 13.03.21

bazilews the
problem remained: restored Windows to factory settings, was not connected to an Internet and turned off updates altogether - the screen flickers and does not come out of sleep mode

s
safot 13.03.21

TeMNick did
you just rollback or restore from the boot disk?

b
bazilews 13.03.21

TeMNick Hike
you a laptop, but not Windows rolled back.

T
TeMNick 13.03.21

bazilews
safot
restored to factory settings. there is such a function in the settings.

b
bazilews 13.03.21

TeMNick
You restored the laptop to factory settings, but not Windu, understand this at last. Do you have Windows licensed ???

T
TeMNick 13.03.21

bazilews
so, okay.
Windows licensed

b
bazilews 13.03.21

TeMNick
You will not do anything with this problem, just wait for Windows to update to the next version. The only option is hibernation mode. Understood or not ???

s
safot 13.03.21

TeMNick
during critical updates, changes are made to the system kernel, which are not removed by recovery (reset, etc.). Disable sleep and hibernation if you do not want to stare at a dark screen soon and wait for the next update, and if you are not patient, take out the Windows disk and try to restore from it (it is better to reinstall)