3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Robert Parkinson 13.03.21 12:49 am

FPS fell !!!!! WTF (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The situation is as follows. A year ago, The Witcher 3 passed (pirate, a month after the release of the repack from the hatub). FPS is pleasant at minimum (stable 25). So I decided to download it again and go through. And here the catch is that with the same minimum rates, it is already 10 fps. The configuration of the computer then and now is AMD A4 5300 with Radeon HD graphics, GForse GT 630 1 Gb, DDR3 4 Gb, the only thing is that the monitor is different (then 1024x768, and now 1680x1080). I updated the firewood to the very last ones, installed special ones for the Witcher, and even those that were before the release, I updated DirectX, C ++ too, I reinstalled Windows (8 like a year ago), changed the screen extensions, installed 3 different repacks (as with the last patch and with the first himself), in the nvidia panel I did everything, rummaged through the entire Internet and did not find anything useful. All these dances with tambourines gave me an increase of as much as 3 fps (approximately). I redid the config file, cut the grass, drawing, compressed shadows, compressed the texture of the earth and then received at the output at the expansion of 1024x768 20 FPS. So experts who came across this, that on the same computer in a year the game lost 20 fps. Maybe someone came across or knows how you can decide to share a secret. Advisors like buy a new computer and blah blah blah thank you in advance. I'm just wondering what ***?

PS Screen after config rework

55 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 13.03.21

MorganBlack wrote:
then 1024x768, and now 1680x1080
The higher the screen resolution, the greater the load on the system. If, besides the display, you have not changed anything, it is natural that the FPS falls - the computer cannot cope.

H
Hirok 13.03.21

It's because of Blood and Wine.

R
Robert Parkinson 13.03.21

Hirok
version 1.02, clean without dls

N
NatanieLzZ 13.03.21

SonyK.
he also wrote that he set 1024x768, not in resolution

MorganBlack wrote: he
remade the config file, cut off the grass, drawing, compressed shadows, compressed the texture of the earth, and then got 20 FPS at the output at 1024x768

R

SonyK.
screen resolution 1024x768

s
seregaL 13.03.21

After version 1.08, there was such a problem. Although I play blood and wine and it is noticeable that the problem has disappeared, on gtx650 1g with 30 cads on medium (although I did everything in the drivers for performance), everything is played comfortably.

R

SonyK.
I threw everything off to a minimum. the config did not touch. I didn't even know about him then.
I also noticed when at medium or at minimum settings, FPS is stable at 10. No config changes.

S
SonyK_2 13.03.21

MorganBlack
Sometimes with new patches (as well as drivers) performance increases and vice versa - depending on how the developed game (driver manufacturers) "muddied", fixed or even more messed up. Have you tried rolling back the drivers to the version you played with for the first time?

V
Vladislav Igorevich 13.03.21

MorganBlack
Well, look, if you believe your words, it turns out:
- the PC config and the game settings are the same, only a different monitor - it means it's the drivers
- you updated the drivers and everything else, then it's the game
- at this point I was 100% sure that the point is in the version of the game, because in different patches the performance either dropped or rose. But in the comments you wrote that this is version 1.02 without DLC + underestimated the config, which I didn’t do last time.
I have 2 options: either you forgot to update some library, or you made a mistake somewhere in the game cofigs.

U
USSoldier 13.03.21

MorganBlack
play with the previous resolution and make all settings to a minimum

S
SonyK_2 13.03.21

MorganBlack
Did you install the old drivers with a "clean" installation?

S
Sanchez ramirez 13.03.21

You have an office computer configuration. What more do you want from this game? VK is slow, memory is not enough, and A4 series prots are not intended for games at all.

s
st029 13.03.21

And despite the fact that you asked the advisers about the new PC to go through the forest, I will still write.
You try to ride a dead mare, and you don't understand why it rides badly. Replace vidyahu at least a thousand for 5, and RAM for 500-1000r, everything will play differently.

V
Vedge_Antilles 13.03.21

MorganBlack
Damn, threw a srach, they say, at 20 fps, he is not comme il faut to play. In general, at 10 fps, I passed the game, now I am gouging NG + and I look forward to the passage of KiV. Although lags can be tough, the game is still a great pleasure.

s
st029 13.03.21

MorganBlack
Well then blow out the dust, replace the thermal grease, clean the coolers, reinstall Windows. A computer five years ago hasn't gotten any better in a year.

S
Sanchez ramirez 13.03.21

How do we know what happened to your computer during the year? Maybe he was turned on from his feet? Temperatures of all components, voltages on main lines and SMART readings in the studio then.

S
SonyK_2 13.03.21

MorganBlack
Because of this, the drivers may not be updated - if it finds a newer version, it may not install the old one. For reliability, delete the contents of the "Installer2" folder (C: Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Installer2), and during the installation in "manual" mode ("Custom installation") check the box "Perform a clean installation":
Spoiler

And do not put the components that you do not need - extra load on the system.
You can also try to completely remove the old driver first using third-party programs.

M
Metalist1925 13.03.21

use patch 1.05.

s
st029 13.03.21

MorganBlack
You have one such dinosaur that "pyristal work vidmaka, pamagite, do chito"

S
Sportklass 13.03.21

MorganBlack install
version 1.12 the most stable version, from 1.7 to 1.12 I added 10 fps and 1.2 is the most buggy version I have a powerful computer and then this version had drawdowns, but before setting 1.12 I need to install 1.10