3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pecesenkin 13.03.21 01:42 am

Where to begin ? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I decided to go through The Witcher 3, what a beginner needs to know, I am not familiar with the past parts of the series, although all parts of the game have been bought, to be aware of everything and everyone, who is Ciri, the Nilfgaarians? Delirium? share your knowledge about this universe.
29 Comments
Sort by:
D
DeadMan451 13.03.21

Pecenenkin
If there is no desire to bother, then practically all the infa necessary to understand what is happening is in the game itself, in the glossary and in-game books.

But, as they rightly said above, without reading the books and not completing the previous two games, you will not get half the pleasure. Part 3 contains just a huge number of references to books and previous parts (for those who have read, the meaning of many dialogues and events changes dramatically; I generally keep quiet about incomprehensible jokes to those who have not read them)

A
Anchoret 13.03.21

I started with the third part. Before that I had not read A. Sapkovsky's books. I started reading them only closer to the middle of the first playthrough of the game. True, I always read all the in-game scribbling) Now I slowed down the passage of NG + in anticipation of the last addition. I torment the second part, it comes after the third with difficulty.

W
Without Compromise 13.03.21

start with the books .. and then all the parts in order ..

A
Abraham Lincoln 13.03.21

Do not mind it! Better play Gothic 1 and 2.

K
KanoVoxLian 13.03.21

Play simply and that's it, as you progress you will look where you need to.

r
ripvango 13.03.21

Diablonos
A-r-r-r-rr !!! Usually I don't get involved, but I can't resist here.
And you would not go and d'yaebl aep ass! He does not like books ...
I will not argue with the fact that Pan Andrzej has written out and too often refers to Deus ex machina. But "Saga of Geralt" is great! In my personal rating, she is in the first place in the world of fantasy.
By the way, can you share your favorite literature then? Enlighten the old Judeoemokid.

D
Diablonos 13.03.21

ripvango
By the way, can you share your favorite literature then?
Please: Clive Barker, In particular The Woven World and Imagika - as a standard of fantasy.
I do not disdain Kunz with his Gloomy look. And of course the Trunk
In my personal rating, she is in the first place in the world of fantasy.
As if I don't give a shit about your rating.

r
ripvango 13.03.21

Diablonos
Thank you. ))) I'm just looking for something to read ...;)

N
Nameless man 13.03.21

Pecesenkin
If you want to know all the smallest details, then it is better to read the books about The Witcher. But if you want to know the main points, then (I read it for a long time, so I don't remember everything): Ciri is a child of the Elder Blood, a descendant of Lara Dorren aep Shiadal. This means that she is a descendant of an elven sorceress or, more simply, a sorceress, who was the carrier of the Elder Blood Gene ... The Elder Blood gene allows its bearer to control time and space (the elves lost it and with the help of Lara Dorren aep Shiadal wanted to restore it for their people). However, she, Lara, fell in love with a human sorcerer (forgot his name) and everything did not go as planned. And the Gene of the Elder Blood was passed on to people (Ciri is a human, right?). This is the first thing. Secondly, Ciri is also a princess of Cintra (a kingdom in the Witcher universe). That's how lucky she was. And she is familiar with Geralt for the following reason: Geralt knew her mother (also, at that time, a princess) and used the right ... I forgot what this right is called. In general, according to this right, he was allowed to take the child and train as a witcher. And he trained her as a witcher. But she never became a witcher. Oh yes, and it so happened that her father Emhyr (ruler of Nilfgaard). About Nilfgaard. This is the southern kingdom, which seeks to conquer the northern ones, i.e. places where the events of the third part of the game take place. So I wrote this all and some kind of feeling ... That this is all nonsense. Although maybe this is how I feel about all fiction. Y-yes. Something like this. If you have any more questions, ask. But she never became a witcher. Oh yes, and it so happened that her father Emhyr (ruler of Nilfgaard). About Nilfgaard. This is the southern kingdom, which seeks to conquer the northern ones, i.e. places where the events of the third part of the game take place. So I wrote all this and some kind of feeling ... That this is all nonsense. Although maybe this is how I feel about all fiction. Y-yes. Something like this. If you have any more questions, ask. But she never became a witcher. Oh yes, and it so happened that her father Emhyr (ruler of Nilfgaard). About Nilfgaard. This is a southern kingdom that seeks to conquer the northern ones, i.e. places where the events of the third part of the game take place. So I wrote this all and some kind of feeling ... That this is all nonsense. Although maybe this is how I feel about all science fiction. Y-yes. Something like this. If you have any more questions, ask.