3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Maklline66 13.03.21 01:42 am

Ending Impressions [spoilers] (Pillars of Eternity)

So, in the text below there may be significant spoilers, and I warn about this again (although the warning in the title should be enough)

Well, let's get over We
just mastered the ending. Well what can I say: Biovars with their gray-brown-raspberry ending nervously smoke on the sidelines. I really liked that the endings are ambiguous (well, not all), and make you think hard about the choice. Every god gives food for thought, and it was really difficult to choose what to do in the end. At the same time, as I understand it, it is quite possible to overwhelm the GZ without even resorting to violence, but I successfully missed my chance.
Actually, my choices (The spoilers are even tougher, the higher, hold on)
* Chose the version of the goddess of motherhood, and, despite the warnings of other gods, returned the souls back to the empty ones. In general, everything turned out pretty well, only those parents who killed the children began to bite their elbows. In the end, people who decided to give birth received as many as twins, which was marked by the year of the goddess.
* Eder became the mayor of Dirwood, and, in general, he came to success and raised the village out of the mud. The slain cultists also contributed to prosperity.
* The Gilded Valley turned into a place where crime was at an all-time criminal level. In general, it became a real gangster district.
* Alot wanders the world, finishing off the remnants of the Keys.
* Stoic also roams the world, but is now looking for an opportunity to kill his goddess
* Shigani did not complete the quest, so she wandered around the world for another 20 years, only after returning to her Ulus and found that she had become a grandmother.
* The Grieving Mother received probably the saddest ending. She returned to her village, which had long been deserted, and waited for the mothers to come. But nobody came.

Everything is strongly tied to the choice and the phrases that need to be said, so another result is quite possible. So your walkthroughs will be interesting =)
35 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pokusun 13.03.21

In the Gilded Valley on the "Lord of the Wasteland" quest, which option did you choose?

M
Maklline66 13.03.21

I killed the Pokusun Lord and placed his relative on the throne. I will not spoil further, but the bottom line is that in this situation, the valley turns into a pit from the second fall

P
Pokusun 13.03.21

There was a feeling that nothing good would come from this Che Guevara)
Is there any influence on the ending of actions with Osriya and Nedmar, are they still people too?)))

M
Maklline66 13.03.21

Pokusun
lol, I don't remember them at all =) I'll have to replay.

P
Pomu4 13.03.21

On the contrary, I helped the lord. Nedmar, it seems, is the one who killed his friend in the cave with the bear

G
Grozniy 13.03.21

Pomu4
Both from Rodric's Fortress. Nedmar - the main monk or priest of Beras or something, Ozriya - the animancer in the basement experiments, turns the captives into ghouls and other evil spirits

k
kipd 13.03.21

Pomu4
No, Nedmar is the chief churchman, he asked to save the prisoner from the dungeon. A friend was killed by another (I do not remember the name), he and the wife of the murdered man escaped (well, it depends on your actions, of course).

A
Andreyka_05 13.03.21

Maklline66
Did you break the shower machine in the Coveted Hill or just turn it off?

M
Maklline66 13.03.21

Andreyka_05 I
turned it off and killed the scientist. In the end, the car was turned on again, and the area was again abandoned.

S
Syberya 13.03.21

Purely curious - how long did it take to complete?

_
_Spyroke_ 13.03.21

Syberya
40 hours on easy difficulty. I tried to complete and find all the quests available.

S
Syberya 13.03.21

_Spyroke_
Thank you, I just played 34 hours, and it’s obviously far from the end.

A
Andreyka_05 13.03.21

Maklline66 A
surprise awaits at the Twin Elms at the Heavenly Saplings Tavern. Approach a frightened peasant (something like that) and he says that Roderick is alive and soaked everyone in the castle. He sent him to tell you that he wants to kill you. Here's a twist in the plot. This is if you killed Roderick.

T
Tom [Cat] 13.03.21

Andreyka_05
Killing him a second time became an impossible task for me, all because I can't get down from the tower, the game stupidly freezes. If he is not killed, then he will kill everyone in the village and will rule the wasteland.

W
WizardGRin 13.03.21

I drove half of my companions (((I thought I’ll solve the issues later, in the end the game ended (((and so, I’m Malatsa ... there is prosperity ... children are born, everyone is equal to Kaed Nua, even Roderick took up his mind ...

W
WizardGRin 13.03.21

zs most importantly, you can bring to mind the storyline of all the NPCs in general, but again there is no desire to go through (((

T
Tom [Cat] 13.03.21

WizardGRin
To put it mildly, it does not make sense to go through it again, in fact, there are not many variations of quest endings, one is two options for most, and then they differ only in that you kill somewhere and not somewhere. And also these downloads, ugh.

And if the new planetskey is at the same level, it will be a complete failure!

d
d1rc 13.03.21

Tom [Cat]
"not so much" is it in kilograms how much?
Well, one at a time, two: whom to bring to power, the tasks of the party members, the choice of the deity.
I have a cleric who unleashed a fire from a staff and burned himself, and Helia (or whatever her mother was) was upset because of the deception and sent creatures. Eder dumped to his parents and lived there quietly. etc. etc.
for the palidinsha did not fulfill - the economy remained weak, she herself dumped the carts somewhere to guard, and they looked askance at her for a long time.

v
vadikVVV 13.03.21

I had an incident with only 4 gods, due to the fact that he promised mountains and did not fulfill the promise (supported Vael) they cut out the souls they needed, but with the rest everything seems to be fine, the Dwarf became the headman in her village, the Warrior revived the cult of Eotas and began to flourish, the Monk seemed to have burned his staff and he was alive, I don’t remember what happened to the Mother, the Magician elf began to fight with the key and not in vain, Kana the scientist returned to his homeland and seemed to have opened a university (also good), My castle became the most protected and a prosperous fortress, the Golden Valley also began to flourish (there, after Kosh planted him, the suddenly revived Redric killed him, I naturally finished him off, and the inhabitants themselves began to prosper without supervision), there was something else in trifles, but I don't remember.

R
Runaa 13.03.21

Yes, the logic in the game ran away quickly and headlong from these arguments about the gods and the universe. There were some higher ones who created all this, then they sailed somewhere, more weirdos came and took advantage of their fruits. And who are they the highest? The gods are obtained in the understanding of the game, and the current gods are smaller and simpler creatures, but they also benefit from their benefits.
And where is the great truth or something else. There are creatures more powerful than man, they are called gods and what is the problem and the break in the template. Well, it is understandable for dark people in the world of the game, of course, this is a shock, and in theory not for everyone. And why should we have a shock among the players and my GG that is the question.
Such a question, such a question, I was already thinking about the secrets of which universe at the end we will talk, but it turned out to be about banal things. In principle, I do not mind, only without moralism in the speeches of the GG.
I also lacked my solution to the problem. I had to take the side of one of the higher beings.
Yes, and the reasoning and reaction at the end of my character were slightly strange, as if from a backward superstitious wilderness, where they can neither read nor write, and only superstitions live.
Conclusion would be less swinging at philosophy without it, it would be much better.

Well, in fact, everyone is as happy as possible in the game.
Villages and towns began to live well. Even the persecution of ... I forgot what these magicians are called, they ceased to be and they began to go about their business as before and work in the hospital.
She liked that the gnome turned out to be not enough of her village and she moved on.
In principle, all the partners ran to realize themselves in one way or another. It made me glad that such an opportunity is inherent in the game.
These are the thoughts about the ending.

PS Funny question, the leitmotif of the whole game, are there gods.
I don’t know, I don’t know, but who we talked to and who helped us, maybe it was a glitch. Comedy and nothing more. Well, did the developers not see that it looks ridiculous.

I will add, which amazed me.
Answer if there are gods, - for the hundredth time my GG cried out and went to poke at the buttons of the machine created by divine knowledge, while sending the attached "god"))))
Not, of course, if later she woke up in a crazy hospital and an orderly to her said, let's go to the ward, then the game would make sense in this matter.

I scrolled through all the options of the gods, only one paragraph changes, which of them is worshiped by people and what became of the abducted poor souls.
Everything else is exactly the same with all the gods, even with Vadeniki, everything is ok and fine.
It is a pity that the semantic load of many moments was lost.