3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Maklline66 13.03.21 01:42 am

Ending Impressions [spoilers] (Pillars of Eternity)

So, in the text below there may be significant spoilers, and I warn about this again (although the warning in the title should be enough)

Well, let's get over We
just mastered the ending. Well what can I say: Biovars with their gray-brown-raspberry ending nervously smoke on the sidelines. I really liked that the endings are ambiguous (well, not all), and make you think hard about the choice. Every god gives food for thought, and it was really difficult to choose what to do in the end. At the same time, as I understand it, it is quite possible to overwhelm the GZ without even resorting to violence, but I successfully missed my chance.
Actually, my choices (The spoilers are even tougher, the higher, hold on)
* Chose the version of the goddess of motherhood, and, despite the warnings of other gods, returned the souls back to the empty ones. In general, everything turned out pretty well, only those parents who killed the children began to bite their elbows. In the end, people who decided to give birth received as many as twins, which was marked by the year of the goddess.
* Eder became the mayor of Dirwood, and, in general, he came to success and raised the village out of the mud. The slain cultists also contributed to prosperity.
* The Gilded Valley turned into a place where crime was at an all-time criminal level. In general, it became a real gangster district.
* Alot wanders the world, finishing off the remnants of the Keys.
* Stoic also roams the world, but is now looking for an opportunity to kill his goddess
* Shigani did not complete the quest, so she wandered around the world for another 20 years, only after returning to her Ulus and found that she had become a grandmother.
* The Grieving Mother received probably the saddest ending. She returned to her village, which had long been deserted, and waited for the mothers to come. But nobody came.

Everything is strongly tied to the choice and the phrases that need to be said, so another result is quite possible. So your walkthroughs will be interesting =)
35 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andreyka_05 13.03.21

People have such a question - how to complete the quests of the Grieving Mother and Stoic. Has already reached the very end and somehow quests with them do not go.

R
Runaa 13.03.21

Andreyka_05
Stoic, the quest itself must be completed if you talk to him.
I don’t know my mother, it was too lazy to bother with her by the end, I didn’t take her to the main party.
But from her, as soon as you take it in your diary, do what is written there.

A little more about the ending, the best one came out when you strengthen the power of souls. Because people living in this country become strong and prosperous and can compete on equal terms with other countries and create alliances. The mourners received new hope. People believed in themselves and their strength, and not in gods.

In general, this is how we completely corrected the damage to the country. The restoration was quick and the general prosperity of this region began.

The god of the hunt turned out to be the most decent of all, received little for himself, but people are good for it.

d
dihlofos2009 13.03.21

Andreyka_05
My mother sometimes talked to me after the rest (two or three times in total after the first meeting, and after that the quest was completed). Rather, there were visions associated with her, after which it was possible to elicit details from her. I really don't know if you can stupidly click on the bed, waiting for a dialogue to appear, or if it appears as you progress through other quests. In general, I was doing bounty hunting missions in the gatehouse, resting in the fortress in between, so inadvertently I got her talking.

A
AG90 13.03.21

and why it seems to me that the most reasonable option was offered by Wael, as if there would be a catch in the other options. and who is Taos and what did he do in that room, otherwise I didn’t understand anything, I realized that he killed many there, but why didn’t understand and why?

D
Dudraug 13.03.21

Runaa
> There are beings more powerful than man, they are called gods and what is the problem and the rupture of the template.

Someone very inattentively read the dialogues. The creatures that are the current "gods" have not come. They were CREATED!

D
Dudraug 13.03.21

> Funny question, the leitmotif of the whole game, are there gods.

The question is not whether they are, but whether they are real. I am amazed how you can go through such a game and do it so inattentively.

D
Dudraug 13.03.21

AG90
> and who is Taos and what did he do in that room, otherwise I didn’t understand anything, I realized that he had killed many there, but why didn’t understand and why?

There are two options - either it was the beginning of the journey for the return of her powers to Voedike, or, more likely, he was the one who created the gods.
There are two reasons for the second option:
1) He did it back in the days when his people were powerful, and the ruins were not yet ruins. Well, and the fact that in the Bay of Defiance there is a temple to Voedike, a campaign from the time when she was a queen, which means that it was not so long ago. And the events from Taos's memories are clearly ancient.
2) After the recollection of Taos, a hint is given that he received an answer to his questions. And the question was - are the real gods?

D
Dudraug 13.03.21

Andreyka_05
> People have such a question - how to complete the quests of the Grieving Mother and

Stoic. Not any of the GG (possibly because of the reputation) can pass the Stoic quest. They promised to change this in patch 1.04

D
Deimos-D 13.03.21

It is noticeable that the most elaborate party members - Stoic and Mother were invented and written by Chris Avelon, I immediately recall Reval and Freya and their deep and abstruse philosophical speeches ...

D
Dudraug 13.03.21

Runaa
> Everything else is exactly the same with all the gods, even with Vadeniki, everything is ok and fine.

Not so great, Legacy ends anyway, yeah. But both in the dialogues and in the final video, a rather thick hint is given that the consequences (in the long term) will be dire.

T
Tatarchuck1992 13.03.21

Dudraug
One character passes and it was the origin of the character helped, made it possible to open further replicas. Passed by another character - everything hung on the phrase "I just think so." Most likely a flaw. I hope that, as you write, in 1.04 will be corrected.

S
Sergei1405 13.03.21

Maklline66
* Chose the motherhood goddess option, and despite the warnings of the other gods, he returned the souls back to the empty ones.
I chose the same option, but the fate of the party members turned out differently, coincidence only with Alot.
- Eder gathered a group of like-minded people and began to believe in Eotas again (if I'm not mistaken)
- The gilded valley blooms and smells, everything is fine.
- Shigani returned home and became very respected among her own.
Stoic lit a fire with his staff and jumped into it. Suicide.
- The grieving mother returned to her village and eventually gave birth to a healthy child.

m
makc11021992 13.03.21

my version of the ending) with the goddess of motherhood
* The Gilded Valley turned into a place where crime was at a record criminal level. In general, it became a real gangster district.
* Eder entered the Shadow Market, where he quickly rose and began to believe in eotas again
* Alot became the head of the Keys and is trying to restore them.
* Stoic also wanders the world, but is now looking for an opportunity to take revenge
* Sagani returned to the village, she was greeted by all the people, she abandoned the hunt and died surrounded by her great-grandchildren.
* Hiravias returned to a nomadic lifestyle
* Palejina was kicked out of the republics, she joined the ranks of good travelers, but she felt like a stranger everywhere
* The grieving Mother turned back to her village, which had long been deserted, and began to wait for the mothers to come. But nobody came. - damn, in vain I erased her memory ... I still really doubted whether (((
* Kana returned, became a respected person and his words decided an important role in isolating aumua

R
Reverrius 13.03.21

It was like this for me:

- Taos scattered the soul to pieces.
- He made an oath to Beras and returned the souls to the cycle. Healthy babies were being born again in Dyrwood.
- After the death of Redrick, the Gilded Valley became popular with settlers, albeit wilder due to lawlessness.
“Dozens have been able to stop crime in Defiance Bay. They ceased to be "chaotic". They began to maintain order in the city, and later joined forces with the Knights of the Forge.
- The Lead Key started the mechanism in the tower of the Treasured Hill again. As a result, the area became completely abandoned.
- The animancers were allowed to rebuild the Asylum and continue their research.
- Fortress Kaed Nua became the best fortress in Dyrwood, and after the death of "Master in the Deep", attacks on the fortress stopped.

Party Fellows:
- Palejin was expelled from the Wylian Republics due to disobedience, eventually she left and joined the Good Travelers.
- Hiravias returned to his native tribe, where after a series of duels, the elders finally recognized his strength. After which he again went to travel.
- Eder became Mayor of Deerford. The village began to flourish. The cult of Skane's followers was finally eliminated.
- Alot decided to keep the secret of the gods. He took Taos' mantle and decided to go it alone.
- Kana Rua returned to Rauatay, where he spoke about the achievements of the Engwitans and presented the broken tablet as proof. He inspired listeners to progress and a better future in Rauatay.
“The Grieving Mother went to Deerford and became a midwife there.
- Stoic began to travel alone and look for a way to take revenge on Magran.
- Sagani returned to her homeland, where her success was recognized. Later she became a wise elder, and when she died, a young huntress was sent in search of her soul.

e
enso33 13.03.21

I went through two times and the first trip was the most successful one, with a happy ending.
The second time he asked for help from the two gods, Hayliya and Beras, and at the end he fulfilled the request of the second. As a result, Hailia sent Dragons and sawed out a lot of people. Rederik became some kind of Scotona and merged the Gilded Valley. Zombies have again appeared in the Treasured Hill.
Everything is clear and well with the satellites. But there was a discrepancy. Completed only the first part of the white march add-on, and in the end, it first says that Kaed Nua became a local legend, like indestructible and all that, but then because of the unfulfilled second part of the add-on, they said that she was gouged, and my Persian was " buried under its ruins "and did not live long :)