3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nemesis 13.03.21 01:53 am

Your opinion on the remake of the first part of the Witcher (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Geralt's story is over. It's sad, but you have to accept it. However, there is another option to meet with him. And this version is a remake of the first part.

This part had the most realistic alchemy, a gorgeous plot, but not everyone accepted the combat. Now that the mechanics of the game have been honed to brilliance, why not shift those events onto new tracks? How do you like this idea? Of course, now no one will do this, as they do Cyberpunk 2077. But in the near future, why not?
32 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mantykora 13.03.21

Aleksandr2242
Especially if you remember Triss's hints at the end of KiV for pleasant surprises ... You can, of course, continue Geralt's story. There are still so many unexplored cities and countries in the world of The Witcher. But if the 4th part is, I think, the main character will be Ciri.

_
_Ozymandias_ 13.03.21

Let's wait for the witcher 4 as half 3. There is also Ciri, Lambert and Eskel for them, I would also not mind playing. At least a couple of hours like it was in Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall. In general, the Poles know their business. We will wait for announcements and news.

K
Kodval 13.03.21

Aleksandr2242
How did you play, since you think that they are not connected in any way? Each part directly continues the events of the previous part, with a slight forward movement. The second part begins after Geralt saves Foltest from the assassin of kings and throughout the game, this line remains the main one. The third part begins literally a few months after the events in Lok Muinne, Geralt remembered everything, decided to find Yennefer and it started there ..
So what is not connected with the plot?

A
Aleksandr2242 13.03.21

Azazelius,
I said practically unrelated, then what you have listed is all the little things. Not one part does not directly continue the event of the past parts.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.03.21

I think it will be ambiguous because everything will be altered in essence, both the interface and the grofon. Locations are small there. even if I put the whole thing together in one. It's easier to patch up a new game then yeah. like the adventures and rolling of a young wolf, here.
the only thing is that it could be slightly embellished with a modern engine, unconsolidated and released on a new generation without really optimizing.

K
Kodval 13.03.21

Aleksandr2242
I.e. Nowadays the main plot, going right from the first part and putting an end to the third - are these trifles? O_o
Yes, and how to understand the event of the past parts does not continue? It turns out that the same 3 parts of Mass Effect are also almost completely unrelated to the plot? O_o

B
Brannan 13.03.21

Jerusalem_96 The
head of the studio said (or whoever he is) that the new unknown project has nothing to do with the witcher ...
Most likely it is, if they do not want to surprise.

A
Aleksandr2242 13.03.21

Azazelius
"the main plot, going right from the first part and putting an end to the third - these are the little things" are you a drug addict or what? where did you see the general main plot there? How is the killing of kings in the second part connected by the plot about the wild hunt and Ciri in the third? In addition, at the end of the 2nd part, the nilfs began their offensives, and in the 3rd, the war was already over. How is part 1 related to the second part? In addition to the mention of the Foltest assassination attempt. Correctly in any way! In general, I look at a pointless dispute because we will not convince each other in any way.

W
Wild rider 13.03.21

Aleksandr2242
"How is the first part connected with the second by plot?"
If Geralt had not killed the Magister and removed the curse from the stryga again, he would not have ended up in the castle of Vizima. If he had not got there, Foltest would have been dead even in the first assassination attempt. But Geralt saved the king, and he appointed him his personal bodyguard. But if the witcher did not become him, then such a setup would not have happened at the beginning of the second part. So part 1 and part 2 are closely related to each other. It is more difficult to connect the second and third parts, but in the second Geralt remembers everything about Ian and Ciri, so it is a stretch to say that this is like a prologue to the Wild Hunt.

A
Aleksandr2242 13.03.21

Wild Rider,
okay, I didn't play the first part, I just looked on YouTube so I didn't really know. Well, then yes, if you really try, then you can link the 2nd and 3rd parts.

K
Kodval 13.03.21

Wild Rider
Not only remembers, but also finds out where Ian was all this time and goes in search of her.
Aleksandr2242
Well, let me remind you that in the first part, Geralt is also pursued by the wild hunt, after his escape. And it is understandable why at this time Eredin had not yet hunted for Ciri, he learned about another child with older blood. In the first part, almost everything revolves around Alvin, the elder blood boy, and at the end we meet with his adult version, who became the Grand Master of the Order of the Burning Rose, Jacob of Aldersberg. Part 3 tells how exactly Geralt got to Kaer Morhen at the very beginning of the first part. It says that it was Ciri who saved him then and threw him to a familiar place, after which Eredin again learned about her. Therefore, I say that the main plot began in the 1st part and ends at the end of the 3rd. In the second part, Geralt still did not remember everything, so he didn't bother with wild hunting after the first part, he had enough problems of his own there.

W
Wild rider 13.03.21

Azazelius
"Not only remembers, but also finds out where Ian was all this time and goes in search of her."
True, but six months have passed since the end of the second part (only a month has passed between parts 1 and 2), although Geralt already knew that Ian was in Nilfgaard. Six months to move there ... Maybe the war is to blame, and he

sat out somewhere, but all the same ... "And it is understandable why at that time Eredin had not yet hunted for Ciri, he learned about another child with older blood."
The failure of the writers is that Eredin wanted to take the soul of Jacob as O'Dim from KM, and not himself. The soul is not the elder blood, after all. Well, Eredin himself generally behaved differently in part 1, acted as a kind of know-it-all about the Witcher's Purpose, etc. And at 3 he did not want to philosophize.
But in 3 parts they revealed the intrigue of Geralt's appearance, already not bad.