3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nezon 13.03.21 01:53 am

Combat tactics (Mount Blade)

I would like to ask if there is any mod that adds the ability to manage the army more tactfully, namely:

1) Divide the infantry (cavalry, riflemen) into several units and command each one separately. This is necessary, for example, to separate the spearmen from the infantry; or heavy infantry from light infantry; or archers from crossbowmen; or horse archers from the knights. Moreover, you can divide by the name of the warriors (for example: the Rodok spearmen - one detachment, the mercenary swordsmen - another detachment)

2) Build a detachment not in a line one or two warriors thick, but in formation - at least there are 6-8 in length, 3 -4 wide.

And I would also like the AI ​​to use different tactics too. After all, now he just sends everyone into battle in a bunch - as far as I understand.

If anyone knows how to do this or knows any mod similar to what I described, then please unsubscribe!
33 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gee-man 13.03.21

What can be divided by the name of the warriors (for example: Rhodock spearmen - one squad, mercenary swordsmen - another squad)
This is not necessary. You yourself know very well what motley squads there were in the Middle Ages and which ones gather most often in M&B. Moreover, a gangster like you.

A
ArturS04 13.03.21

Yes, it would not be a bad mod.

N
Nezon 13.03.21

1. I just thought, because the game separates archers from melee infantry by the type of weapon: long-range - you go to the archers, melee - you go to the infantry. It would also be possible to designate spears and separate the spearmen from the infantry. Those. polearms - go to the spearmen.
Further, it would be possible to separate the mounted riflemen and the cavalry. Divide in the same way as the riflemen and the infantry are now divided.
Of course, replace the squad management menu.

As a result, instead of "cavalry-infantry-arrows":
- Infantry
- Spearmen
- Riflemen
- Cavalry
- Horse Riflemen

Well, if it works out, then subdivide everyone into heavy and light warriors according to armor.

2. The construction of the order is precisely spelled out somehow in the files. After all, warriors can stand in one or two lines! This means you can make 3-4 lines.

----------------------------

The problem is not even this, but rather the AI, because he will not be able to command a new army. Although his tactics are simple: everyone to attack! Well, it happens that he leads them at the same speed, and then "Everyone in the attack!". So if suddenly anyone has any ideas, throw it up.

S
STALKER MiTricH 13.03.21

If this has not yet been implemented, then this is very difficult to do ... but IMHO it would not be bad .......
I hope Warband will add something new in tactics ...

N
Nezon 13.03.21

Warband will add multiplayer! - this is the most important thing, because it will be possible to form a line without "picking up" the game! =))
And so, I know that there the fighting spirit will play a role during the battle, it will be possible to make a kingdom (if I'm not mistaken), improve the graphics, change the physics of shooting - and in general, this is the main thing, as I understand it. But it will be released in September ... = ((

S
STALKER MiTricH 13.03.21

That's just it will be released in September ... = ((

duck and wait ....)))) for me, duck it would be better not to rush ... so that it does not work out like with Stalker .... or GTA 4 .. ... let them test it from the beginning and then launch it ...))))

N
Nezon 13.03.21

I agree, it's better to do it with high quality! =)) But it seems to me that it would be easy for them to alter the formation or make the command of the detachments more effective, because they already know what to change and how. But if the multiplayer comes out good, and there are a lot of people to play, then it will be great!
If anyone finds anything about this topic in the game files, then unsubscribe! =)

S
SVAEIG 13.03.21

Have you tried a mod, like the Peloponnesian wars are called, they say that a warrior is shaped like a phalanx there, even the animation of the blows of the copies is changed.

N
Nezon 13.03.21

Have not tried it))
I have heard about some mod "The last days", but on Russian sites I did not find it at all. I read somewhere that there "seems to be" something like that ... But did not go into details when I found out that this mod is by the Lord of the Rings. Well, I saw him only on the English forums, which is also a minus

N
Nezon 13.03.21

As a matter of fact, Temka has quieted down, everyone has forgotten about it ... But nothing happened! I kept on looking and ... You think that I will say "found!", But no! Although what am I pulling here! I found it! =))) Here is the Form Ranks mod. I have not figured out everything yet, but I already understood something! So let's test it!

Read ReadMe in English! And also read the forum, the link to which I gave above! (Especially the first post)

I will translate it tomorrow for everyone and post it here. But if anyone has a desire to create one for me, I will only be glad. =))

N
Nighthawkreal 13.03.21

The original mod, finally, you can separate the spearmen from the swordsmen, although you need a lot of buttons to steer a squad.

Y
Yeoman 13.03.21

This mod is only for native or can it be adapted for other mods ???

N
Nezon 13.03.21

Yeoman, this is exactly what the author of the mod is talking about in the post 137 of the corresponding forum topic.

NightHawkreal, in my opinion it is very easy to manage squads! The main thing is to know which team means what and to adjust the control "to your own hand". I just really liked it! If it is difficult to control the detachment, can you give the order "Tactical charge" and, depending on the formation adopted by this detachment, will it attack the enemy itself? using simple tactics. Again, this is covered in the Read Me. =))

... ... ... 13.03.21

Now, I think, everyone has mastered, albeit primitive, tactics in the game. Well, for example, that the brave Viking Nords in a battle with the damned Kergit basurmans can be driven up a high mountain, ordered to just stand there, throwing throwing axes at the unfortunate ones, and when the steppe inhabitants try to climb the mountain on horseback, give the order to rush at them with joyful shouts from the mountains.
Well, digress: 3
What is your favorite tactic of waging a battle with troops of different factions?
Note: SUDDENLY !!! - count the mercenaries as a separate faction.

S
ShamomahS 13.03.21

Formation "line", formation "two lines" and so on up to six. As many as 6 formations xD

But seriously, I did this:
Spoiler
pix.PlayGround.ru

pix.PlayGround.ru

pix.PlayGround.ru

Well, in general, the tactics are simple.

Equestrian: Infantry first, archers second. Infantry close ranks 1 time, archers open 1 time. Flank cavalry (rifle and shock).
I go out in front of the infantry myself, wait until the arrows begin to shoot and jump at the enemy. I run along the left flank and run to their rear. Then the charge on those guys who stand with their backs to me (usually part of the squad changes direction and tries to catch up with me) and thereby attract the attention of almost the entire squad while my shooters fire at them.

As a result, most of the enemies do not even reach 1 rank. The cavalry is connected when the enemies start to run away. This may not work against those with a lot of shooters and throwers. They can stupidly shoot the infantry, and throwers with 1-2 spears can overwhelm the GG.

Against large armies, it's not even worth trying to do this, the GG will quickly overwhelm. Against units consisting only of cavalry, it will ride if your horse is fast.

If on foot: archers in the first rank in an open formation, open the infantry for the second 2 times, and move the cavalry away. When the enemy is in the field of view of the shooters (they start shooting), then the cavalry begins to lead to their rear, so that they are not distracted by it. When the enemy comes close, you take the archers 20 steps back (preferably standing on a hill) in an open formation, when they pass, you order the infantry to close ranks 3 times.

After hand-to-hand combat begins, you yourself go around this whole pile from the flank and take a long weapon (preferably an ax), and you order the cavalry to attack. As a result, you chop enemies in the back, and the cavalry deals with the stragglers.

... ... ... 13.03.21

ShamomahS
SUCH_ THAT A GRAPHONE !!
And the tactics are good. I'll sign my own later)

S
ShamomahS 13.03.21

To THe rESpekT0
SUCH_TO THE GRAPHONE !!
Old screenshots =)

And the tactics are good.
Well, if you say so, then others should not doubt it =))

I
'll sign my own later) "Kill, rob the cows"? =)

... ... ... 13.03.21

ShamomahS
Old screenshots =)
FOR THAT (sic!) GRAPHONE SHYKARNY !!! 1 (sic!)

Well, if you say so, then others should not doubt it =))
I did not understand - it meant that I was unfair and stupidly find fault with every word, or vice versa, that I understand the game and its tactical component? =)

"Kill, rob the cows"? =)
Exactly)) Mm, yes, by the way, willy-nilly, I recall the Rise of Khergits mod (or something similar from this opera), where the villages of the kergits moved around the map like units - "wooden houses are filling up" (c)

... ... ... 13.03.21

ShamomahS
First, it's clear: /

E
ElendiI 13.03.21

Gee, and in 1257AD there are a little more formations)). The most useful is the shield wall. If there are shields and spearmen, everything is very beautiful and durable. There is also a wedge for cavalry, but I haven't used it yet. I don’t understand why he’s there.
Archers in fashion mow down enemy ranks much faster than native ones. So the best tactic against attacking enemy infantry is archers in the back, wall of shields in front. With cavalry, this will not work - the AI ​​has a habit of attacking it from behind. So either I block this attack with my cavalry, or (if there is none) I put the archers aside in advance. AI horses do not go far.
In general, the computer has many different tactics there.
1) Press with a mass (if he has more strength). Counteraction: the lukars beat with all their might, the infantry stands and does not interfere to the last. Then - the general attack.
2) The AI ​​army strikes and immediately withdraws. Again he hits and again moves away. Counteraction: again, archers, cavalry in the rear (the enemy does not withdraw in a very organized manner and the cavalry strike demoralizes him) and a general attack.
3) The AI ​​army takes a position - infantry in the back, archers in front of the chain. There is either a general attack (if there is a lot of infantry with shields), or slowly come up and shoot (if I have more archers). The cavalry in the flank is generally wonderful.
4) The smartest AI is capable of. The infantry and archers are walking slowly forward. The cavalry makes a long detour and turns out to be right behind. Both waves attack almost simultaneously. No universal tactics have been invented, everything very much depends on the terrain and the recruitment of troops.