3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Midovik 13.03.21 02:03 am

RAM load! (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Creepy friezes begin 20-30 minutes after the start of the game. In the task manager, he writes that the witcher eats 7.7 GB of RAM (out of 8). I tried to put the swap file as much as 50 GB! Does not help. I apologize if the topic was!
24 Comments
Sort by:
X
X_ray_83 13.03.21

I will say this with new patches, the RAM has increased.

N
NoneOne2010 13.03.21

Exactly, exactly. I specifically watched the download of the swap file through msiafterburner, it was all 10 gigs from 10 and 4 GB of RAM, so the game consumes a lot

D
DominoPK 13.03.21

YOUR MOTHER !!!!!!
Well, okay, a couple more people would not know, but YOUR MOTHER !!!!!! You are all strange here.

I'm not a damn professional in this matter, but I'll try to explain.

For example: there is 8GB of RAM (let's say 2 strips of 4GB each) <--- this is your RAM! It is simply used by applications that are running at the moment (witcher3.exe - 4 or 5 GB hawala for example) <---- you can look at it in the Task Manager!

But these are your 10, 12 ..... 20 (!), Etc. GB used by games is what the game puts into RAM ...... follow the thought? ...... does not use, BUT POSTS !!!!! That is, everything that was loaded by the game over the last 5-10 hours of the game (textures, landscapes, car models, characters, renders, etc.) was unloaded into RAM. After restarting the game, or the system in general (I'm not sure here, because I don't know for sure), everything that was loaded into the RAM disappears. That is, the operation is being cleaned.

I will not say exactly why this is done this way, but I guess that in this way, having unloaded Mount Chiliad from GTAV or Novigrad into the RAM (that is, all the files that are responsible for this area in the game), next time this area will be loaded faster if from games have not been released yet.

In general, if you are not right, poke your nose at what. But do not write nonsense about the fact that games are eating 10GB of RAM.

X
X_ray_83 13.03.21

DominoPK
"That is, the operating system is being cleaned."
In fact, the problem is not cleaned, it is not in Witcher 3, not in GTA 5, but only fills up to the limit the screen above you were given!
Further, if there is not enough video memory, for example, the game requires 3 gigs, you have 2 gigs .... there is compensation due to RAM a vivid example of
Assassin's creed syndicate