3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Starkin 19.03.21 10:35 pm

6300FX

Kind fsem .. I want to overclock the M5A78L LE on the mother .. tower standard .. your opinion .. how to do overclocking correctly .. can be more detailed .. if it does not bother you .. thanks in advance ..
16 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexey Sorokozherdev 19.03.21

Starkin
In an amicable way, it's time to change the processor
And about overclocking - go to YouTube. It is full of detailed videos with specific settings and actions, and everything is clear.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.03.21

my theory of overclocking is
to go to bios. turn off what makes the processor a turbo boost (I don't know what it is called on this board) (this is auto overclocking over 4 cores under load)
then go something about HT this is a hupertransport. its frequency is like 2400 or maybe less for this motherboard - squeeze it out to the maximum possible. with it, the CPU will be less stupid in the multi-stream and the calculation of the nvidia puziks in some way.
then, lastly, under the support of benchmarks, it is listed to catch up with the processor frequency by some kind of multiplier. not the bus but the processor frequency is isolated. until the motherboard probably runs out of 4-pin power supply and until it is found on which the processor can pass stress tests.
if the motherboard does not overclock it very much, for example, it does not know how (I had a 970fx chipset), then it’s like a bunch of priority then kurguzat the maximum possible frequency without turbo boost.
Perhaps there will be advice to drive the north bridge, but it did not help me to drive the north bridge and it was harmful. and this does not speed up the processor matan but drives the bus in which the video card is installed.
how so. but it is better not to disperse and leave this pitch alone.

S
Starkin 19.03.21

Alexey Sorokozherdev
You can have a link in the drug .. I'm lost in this business .. if there is of course ..

A

Starkin

That's right off the bat . Personally, at one time I used another specific video, but there was about fx83xx, as I had at that time.

A

Starkin
However, if you don’t fumble at all and you don’t make friends with people like that, I don’t advise you to go into this jungle.
And if you do decide, do not expect to disperse it in half an hour. It will take several evenings for sure, so each change must first be tested separately, and then all together. And failures cannot be avoided.

S
Starkin 19.03.21

Alexey Sorokozherdev
Thank you! we'll figure out..

A

Starkin
Please) however, if a good rock and good acceleration, the performance boost should be decent.

l
legusor 19.03.21

Starkin wrote:
M5A78L LE
will not work on the mother , because the minimum profit from raising the frequency of ficus. the main gain from raising CPUNB and the frequency of the RAM. you can forget about overclocking on such a board.

S
Starkin 19.03.21

Alexey Sorokozherdev
Having studied the video, he made the first conclusion .. RAM is obligatory. drive .. when overclocking the processor .. or you can leave it alone

A

Starkin It is
necessary to drive the RAM, but together with the processor memory controller. The only way.

S
Starkin 19.03.21

Alexey Sorokozherdev
That is, if I understand correctly, then in any shaft, RAM will have to be driven ..

S
Starkin 19.03.21

Alexey Sorokozherdev
I put RAM on the car in the BIOS .. that is, there will be overclocking on the automatic selection of frequencies .. if again I understood this option correctly .. Thanks for the help bro .. I don’t close the topic yet ..

A

Starkin
What is your memory frequency?

S
Starkin 19.03.21

Alexey Sorokozherdev

A

Starkin
Few. Definitely need to drive.

A