3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kitwild 05.04.21 10:14 pm

2 RAM slots do not work at the same time. What to do?

Hi
I assembled a pc on my mother asus a320m-k, processor r5 2600. There are 2 identical 8GB (2666 MHz) ram rails, both workers. If you insert any one bar into any slot - everything works, but 2 at the same time - a black screen.
How to be?
58 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kitwild 05.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Yes, I just don't understand why they need a power supply when it comes to RAM. By the way, he was not at all to blame ...

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Yes, any, if one and in any slot - is displayed in Windows

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 05.04.21

Kitwild
Try on the official website of the motherboard to download the software and install them and update the BIOS if not updated

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
I downloaded everything, the latest BIOS

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 05.04.21

Kitwild
Here, insert two dice again, go to the BIOS in oc and there will be an item responsible for overclocking memory and timing values ​​and in it choose your frequency and timings; it may be simple that there are different timings on the spirit of the dice and do not forget

S
Sweety_Mustard 05.04.21

I
'll try Kitwild on my fingers. Your bpshnik is loaded by 80-90 percent. From this, all the voltages sag, the power is unstable (well, one of the options). 1 bar works - 2 does not, and the speaker does not give out memory errors.

Indeed, what does the power supply have to do with it? Although you can check it out in Hades - if everything is perfect there, then yes, it's not about him.

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

Sweety_Mustard I
track the voltage in aida, the voltage is always stable, the power supply is never loaded even by 70%.
Sweety_Mustard wrote:
1 bar works - 2 no
Sweety_Mustard wrote:
Indeed, what does the power supply have to do with it?
Well, it comes into the BIOS.

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
tried

S
Sweety_Mustard 05.04.21

Kitwild
C-State Control disabled it? And throw the model of the dies - they are two-sided, right?

ZY I hope there are no jammed legs on the process?)

c
close one 05.04.21

Kitwild
I met such that a corny bent leg in the processor / socket was to blame for the fact that the mother did not start with more than one memory stick. Sometimes it even happened that visually everything was fine, but after removing the chip from the socket and reinstalling it, the problem disappeared. Take off the percent, check all the legs, blow through the socket. BIOS updates and so on is a matter of course, but sometimes the problem may be like this.
For good, you need to take 2 other dies and try with them. The problem may be in the processor itself. Well, or try this percent in another motherboard with a different memory.

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

Sweety_Mustard
AMD Radeon R7 R748G2606U2S

V
VETER15 05.04.21

Kitwild
I think this is a physical problem, well, in general, it's up to you, I don't want to impose it.
I didn’t know that Aerocules weren’t Chinese hbb ...

i
insel260 05.04.21

VETER15
Now everything is Chinese, even toothpicks and those from China are being dragged.
Kitwild
There was such a problem. Recently. Crash in Windows when updating. I restored Windows from the point, and reinstalled all the firewood for the mother and percent for prevention. Later I downloaded updates to Windows.
The problem disappeared.

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

close one
legs are intact, tried to rearrange

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

VOVAN WOLFovich
Well, you at least READ THE TOPIC ... Why do you need bp IN THIS TOPIC ?? Does it have to do with the fact that two RAMs do not work at the same time?
Kitwild wrote: I
track the voltage in Aida, the voltage is always stable, the power supply is never loaded even by 70%.
Kitwild wrote:
It's easier for me to buy a new power supply , but why, if the system at its peak consumes 250w, and then only by calculations, in fact less than 200 in any games. After all, vidyuha without additional food. If I’m going to update it, I’ll buy a new power supply too.

c
close one 05.04.21

Kitwild
If the memory sticks are absolutely the same, the BIOS is the last one, everything is ok with the legs and all other contacts, then from what you can still try on your own here and now - lower the memory frequency in the BIOS and play with voltage. 2 memory sticks always work at a lower frequency / worse timings than 1 die, maybe you have come across such dice that are so small that they do not even hold the denomination in a pair. But this is 0.01%. If this does not work either, it remains only to test the memory / motherboard / percent separately with other components and identify the culprit in this way. And if you bought it in a store, then just carry it back to them.

S
Sweety_Mustard 05.04.21

Kitwild
- the computer does not load an axis with 2 slats (does not the computer start / memory does not work, namely a black screen instead of loading the axis?)
- setting frequencies to indecently low does not help
- disabling the C-State control has no effect
- on the other computer percents starts with 2 dies and Windows is loaded / installation of another prots effect does not give

Is it all?

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

close one
There is no point in bringing back, they will say - everything is fine. After all, they work separately + the BIOS sees two bars at the same time. Based on this, I think the point is in the OS.
I installed Windows on a non-updated BIOS, maybe it somehow affected? I updated everything for the motherboard after Windows, as otherwise with a new mother.

K
Kitwild 05.04.21

Sweety_Mustard
Sweety_Mustard wrote:
- setting the frequencies to indecently low
to how low?
Sweety_Mustard wrote:
- the computer does not load an axis with 2 bars (the computer does not start / memory does not work, namely a black screen instead of loading the axis?)
Yes
Sweety_Mustard wrote:
- on another computer, the percent starts with 2 dies and Windows is loaded / setting a different proc does not give effect
yes

S
Sweety_Mustard 05.04.21

Kitwild There the answer above was from insel260

indecent - well, 2133 for example) But yes, the problem is in the wood / axle. I did not read the 2nd post, I thought that there was a black screen instead of a post screen as in the 1st post.