3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
alex 19061967 19.04.21 10:17 pm

How do I turn off subtitles in ShadowMan Remastered? (Shadow Man)

Could anyone tell me how to turn off subtitles in the game? Okay, don't, I figured it out myself.
31 Comments
Sort by:
a
alex 19061967 19.04.21

I explain to the "smart guys" that they minus me. In the game itself there is no "turn on / off subtitles" setting and there is no folder with saves and settings. Therefore, I did not immediately understand how to do this. But I figured it out. The saves folder is located on the C / Users path / Profile / Saved Games / Nightdive Studios / Shadowman EX. There is also the required kexengine.cfg file, open it and find the line seta g_hud_subtitles "1", change "1" to "0" and you're done - subtitles are disabled in the game. Maybe someone can help.

S
ShadowM88 19.04.21

alex 19061967
Knowing the developers, I can safely say that the game will still receive many fixes. I think this case with subtitles will also be corrected, the game was not finished a little.

a
alex 19061967 19.04.21

ShadowM88
These fixes could have been made before the release, they had enough time, they themselves determined the timing of the game's release, no one adjusted them. All the more so, enable the option in the game settings - on and off. subtitles - why are they needed at all, if there is voice acting in the same language? Probably for the deaf we tried. I have no other comments on the game - no one promised Russian localization, it never came out, but only into the main Western European languages. The game is all right, there is nothing more to fix, I checked.
It is better not to touch the controls, and so everything is in order - the mouse with the keyboard and the joystick by default also work. I am quite satisfied with the game, I downloaded the text and voice acting tool proposed on the Zone of Games Forum, everything works, though the text is not all translated - the game menu, notes and item names have not been translated, nevertheless this is an old translation from Russobit-M, adapted for a remaster , as well as voice acting, but with voice acting it is better - it is not only in the restored locations and scenes. Maybe someone will finish it later. The Russian subtitles in the videos crawled out of the screen, so I wanted to turn them off, especially since they did not correspond to the Russian voice acting. And so everything is in order. The old game masterpiece received an excellent remaster. Already passed the promised Worm cut from the original boss in the Temple of Life location and also opened the Experiment Room cut from the original. I will continue to play, the original, as they say, is jammed to holes - I recently rolled HD textures on it and went through again. I decided to leave both the original and the remaster for comparison, since both are in Russian and with Russian voice acting. Shadow Man is the benchmark for a great adventure game with a mystical storyline. I gave the game 10/10 a long time ago, I think this rating will work for both the original and the remaster.

S
ShadowM88 19.04.21

alex 19061967
Something they did not have time to add. Opponents and Queen Seraphim.

a
alex 19061967 19.04.21

ShadowM88
Okay, let's add it. Maybe ZoGi and Russifiers will finish by this time. Let's wait.

S
ShadowM88 19.04.21

alex 19061967
Rusik will love. Turoka went to the remaster. I contacted Gremlin the other day about Rusik, he wrote that it will cost a lot for one person and how much am I willing to donate?))))

s
smr2971977 27.04.21

Tell me, the game does not start, nothing happens at all, maybe someone knows how to solve it. Windows10 OS, thanks in advance

s
smr2971977 27.04.21

Unspecified game shadow man remastered

S
Snow70 27.04.21

ShadowM88
There is more than one gremlin translating, anyone can participate, you take the source code, put some kind of program there, and you can translate it by machine (by the way, the Yandex translator translates quite accurately), just your source code will be edited by other translators later. I translated The Walking Dead there 5-7 years ago

S
ShadowM88 27.04.21

Snow70
I don't have so much free time to translate. I will leave it to others.

S
ShadowM88 27.04.21

smr2971977
Wait for the patch, you're not the only one.

S
ShadowM88 27.04.21

alex 19061967 Ie
how it disappeared? The fight with him should take place on the dance floor.

a
alex 19061967 27.04.21

And so he disappeared. ”After the video of the arson of the hotel, Marco did not appear again. I even made a separate save to replay the beginning, but no, it appeared and disappeared again. Game bug. On the Steam forum, one user complained about this problem, another about the inability to turn off subtitles in the game, another one reported that the game crashes to the desktop after the splash screen, finally, someone complained that the original loud sound of a shadow pistol shot was removed from the game. but today all this has been removed from the reviews on the game. People want, according to the current custom, to foist an unfinished product. It doesn't look like the developers of the remaster are going to fix anything. But they had enough time for this. How did you finish the game? Were there any problems?

a
alex 19061967 27.04.21

By the way, out of curiosity, yesterday I tried the GOG version of the remaster, and so it really crashes in front of the church entrance, which the Steam version did not have. The GOG version is even worse than the Steam version. And besides, the only trainer for the game that worked perfectly with the Steam version does not work on the Gogov version. The remaster needs major revision and competent Russification. In its current state, the game is unplayable, at least it will not be possible to complete it. On Steam today, we still managed to read the player's question: are the developers of the remaster going to repair the game or will they just keep the buyers' money for themselves? This question was later also removed, leaving only positive feedback and no messages that something was going to be fixed.

S
ShadowM88 27.04.21

alex 19061967
Yesterday Gog passed the version, did not notice any bugs. Have you tried to go through a burning hotel? There will be patches, they wrote on the incentive. It seems to me that the remaster lacks some sounds, and some HD textures are actually old but passed through the neural network. The guys were cheating!

a
alex 19061967 27.04.21

I reinstalled the game from the Fitgirl repack, rolled the crackers again, and drove up to Marco first, in the daytime, and indeed, I found him on the dance floor, but in the daytime you can't beat him, you have to return with the power of the Shadow. and the speed of passage. I really like the game itself, the original has passed again, I want to go through the remaster, it looks very nice, and the promised new levels are interesting. Two have already opened - the Experiment Rooms and the Mojave Desert - which one will be the third? Perhaps I did something wrong, and the game is quite passable, since you managed to complete it. Precisely went to the very end? Have you passed all the levels? Legion won? Original or with localization? It's important for me to know. And what about the patches, what are they going to fix (if in the course)? This game was the first on a PC, which I bought in 2004, when there was still no suitable computer,

S
ShadowM88 27.04.21

alex 19061967 The
face in GoG was acquired. Passed completely, gouged the Legion with two machine guns at the ready. I played without a rusik, since he is still crooked. The game has something to fix, mostly all sorts of little things. The third location is Camp in Florida (Fat Milton)

a
alex 19061967 27.04.21

Thanks for the info. Now I will know that the remaster is still passable.

P
PRIZE 27.04.21

ShadowM88
tell me the codes for disabling the pistons,
in the old version they were written in Jack's diary, now I don't find them there. The codes from the old version are strange, from 3 pistons 312 came to the fourth piston.

S
ShadowM88 27.04.21

PRIZE
Jack's diary has everything, look more closely.