3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 27.04.21 11:08 pm

Over the years, have your pleasant gaming experiences diminished?

I remember I went through half-life 2 earlier, it was very pleasant to go through it. The whole world seemed so alive, interesting, exciting) Especially when the whole city is chasing you, as it was said there: you are a malicious violator, you feel very cool at such moments)) Right now, somehow the game world is not particularly addictive, you just run around the world but no immersion, no interest in the game. Although, if the gameplay is interesting, you can play even more or less, but just walk around the world as before, enjoy the environment, right now, unfortunately, there is no such thing.
17 Comments
Sort by:
A
Arti 27.04.21

I also thought that over time the sensations weakened, but after playing RDR 2, I realized that it was not a matter of time, but of the quality of new games. Simply, really cool games with a detailed and lively world on the fingers of one hand are counted

r
requiemmm 27.04.21

Each new AAA-AA developer is inspired by the work of the old one, uses proven methods, ready-made engines, sound libraries, genres and their combinations to sell the player a product similar to what he has already bought. This is no longer even a craft, but a religion, with a bunch of dogmas and the gospel of St. Marketing. Endless repetition of the same types of characters, types of bosses with minor changes, music "soooo, but here, according to the manual, it is necessary to insert something pathetic and symphonic!" Even the plots are written approximately according to the same templates for each genre. For a long time in Western games I feel like that guy from a series of videos-parodies of WoW, past whom a Nepys walks with a fishing rod and one remark - "Ha-ha! Morning! Great day for fishing! ..."
At the same time, the game can be of high quality, both from the technical and from the artistic side ... but I have already seen all this 10 times.
No, now only Japanese and / or indie. The former have a lot of grass, and each parish is different from the other, the latter have no money, no investors, so they can do what they want without manuals and sometimes it turns out well.

M
Mexicano 24.05.21

over the years, the video game challenge itself has become less exciting. do something, teach, try - and all for the sake of winning the game? it's not very logical, zero profit) And as entertainment - it's normal.

f
foxskad 24.05.21

The more games you play, the weaker your feelings from new games will be.
This works with everything in our life, the more you eat delicious food, the less delicious it will be with each new time.
Yes, if someone makes the game a quality higher than all that you have played, you will get a lot of pleasure, but less than if you are, for example, a child and this is your second game in life.
I no longer get pleasure at all not from cheo, I bought a ps5 and opened it as if it was a piece of bread in general, zero emotions.
And before, when I bought the first phone, it was a push-button still Vodafon, I worked for 3 months in the summer and when I opened the box, my emotions did not go away for another week.

Perhaps it all depends on the person, but I think that there plus or minus everything is similar.

B
Bell-206 24.05.21

There are several old games that I have been replaying from time to time for the last 10-13 years. Over the years, this handful of "chosen ones" have already become so familiar that they will probably never get bored. For the 100th time, plunge into the good old atmosphere of the familiar along and across your favorite game is just as pleasant as in the 99th. For me, it's like returning home, to an island of stability in a sea of ​​changes, and resting my soul.

B
BoriskaE 24.05.21

I'm 54 ---- playing! :)

P
Protocol10 04.07.21

Katanar

At a young age, everything is simply perceived brightly and emotionally, and over the years a person becomes less emotional, but more conscious. Therefore, we must gradually abandon toys and devote more time to reading books and thinking.

R
RestlessDreams91 04.07.21

It's hard to say for sure. If you go through the games in batches, then yes, I think everything becomes boring.
Until recently, I personally played exclusively in 2 games and both of them were cooperative. If something happened, then a couple of times a year maybe.
And a couple of months ago I finished Metro Exodus and was delighted with the game. What a tube it is, these dialogues ... the feeling that you are really helping people. Despite the fact that the game is about the post-apocalypse and walking evil spirits nearby, that people, that mutants, it is still some kind of ... cozy chtoli. Alive. The same as the previous parts. Studied the world of the game, read notes and diaries. I went through stealth on hardcore and managed to get a good ending. This is the only game from which I have such emotions.

B
BDmitriy 04.07.21

Sure. I would have played almost everything before

K
Katanar 04.07.21

Protocol10
Yes, you just need to react to everything as emotionally as before, and then perhaps interest in games will come)) Yes, and before we did not have much choice, the only joy was to play, but right now, we also got drunk, and the games are no longer so well perceived) Reading books, and thinking, this is good, but pleasant emotions also need to be somehow replenished, at least with games)

P
PETRENKO VLADIMIR 04.07.21

Play on weekends as work

s
sky game 07.02.22

If there was a good PC, then there would probably be a couple of games that I could play with interest, as it seems to me. But I haven’t played much for a couple of years now, because of nostalgia they launch old favorite games or just look at youtube for something about games. Previously, of course, I played a lot, but the interest has passed.

M
MunchkiN 616 07.02.22

the sensations from the games changed in waves. the beginning was rather sluggish, then it went better, then there was probably a short decline, then there was PeKa, then there was a decline again due to there were no games and graphoniums, then I believed in grafon but there were no games of large openvolds and graphons, then there were openvolds ... and then I became too weak and full at the same time. it is quite difficult to imagine the dynamics of the graph of attitudes towards games. such a sluggish schedule will probably be despite the fact that games finally have a central applied hobby for my life.

A
Anderby 07.02.22

Not really. I can even say that on the contrary, I would have gone through some outwardly simple Nier before, I didn’t understand anything and would have forgotten. And now I’ll climb into Wikia to find the answer to the question of interest, and I understand everything about the references, and I know for sure that I won’t miss anything when passing through. Feelings are powerful! You just have to know how to get into the game. Passed 730 games in 9.5 years, of which somewhere around 30 replays.

L
Lvinomord 07.02.22

The alienation has not waned, but rather the number of games that these alienations have to offer has significantly decreased.

G
GERA1987 07.02.22

CARDINALLY

S
Sam_FisherPG 07.02.22

Artie I
support, lately only RDR2 and Metro Exodus have given real emotions.
Moreover, the old games that gave these emotions still give them, and the new games, most, but not all, have become simply soulless as a blueprint.