3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
armageddon_Trulio 27.04.21 11:16 pm

After a power outage, the PC began to work worse

In general, this is not the first time this happens (electricity is cut off), but everything was always in order with the PC, but not this time, without a clue what was the matter, but the PC definitely began to work worse (the FPS in games became noticeably lower) even not I know what could be the matter, I didn't really find anything on the Internet on this topic.
I checked the HDD, it is fine.
Can System Restore help with this? otherwise I have no idea what else can be checked or done
35 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sweety_Mustard 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio
voltage, check some thread with the software - perhaps drawdowns appeared along the 12 volt line.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio
Voltage stabilizers line filters yes

a
armageddon_Trulio 27.04.21

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
Well this is great, of course, but the problem has already happened and it's too late to think about protection, but thanks anyway

a

Sweety_Mustard
Aida chtol?
It's okay, although I honestly don't know much about it

a

Sweety_Mustard

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio
I give 99% what kind of Vends it is, your performance has decreased, as after a sudden shutdown, Venda often crashes or starts to work unstably

a

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
It is clear, well, in general, I think it is, so the PC seems to be in perfect order, should the system rollback seem to help?, But when I checked how it would write that the software was being removed and the game in 90 GB, can I somehow save this business? what have they not on the disk with Windows, why does it touch them.

T
Tekeshi_Tetsuo 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio
It would be better not to rollback the system, but to reinstall the game, and it is unnecessary to delete the games and it will probably be more stable than rollback

a

Tekeshi_Tetsuo
In the sense, why should I reinstall all Windows, if the problem started a couple of days ago, and reinstalling is such a thing, re-configure everything. Well, I don't need to delete the games anyway, just one fresh one for some reason shows what it will delete, so I ask why this is so and can it be fixed, it’s not on the C drive, in general, okay, I heard you, I’ll wait for what people will write, will not write so I will rollback

l
longerr2007 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio wrote:
but the problem has already happened and it is too late to think about protection
. It is never too late to " protect yourself". Moreover, if your electricity is constantly cut off. In your case, you must purchase a UPS https://ichip.ru/podborki/kompyutery/kak- vybrat-ibp-dlya-kompyutera- v-chem-otlichiya-i-reyting-luchshih- 550 412
If you are going to reinstall Windows, will have to reinstall those programs and games that are installed in the program Files.Dlya such as yours, there are special tools (Acronis and so on), saving a disk image and restoring it completely in 5 minutes.

S
Sweety_Mustard 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio
on bpshnik yes, everything is normal - restore / rearrange Windows, it will be visible there.
And buy an ibpshnik - power circuits fly steadily from power outages - sooner or later.

a

longerr2007
And what kind of UPS to take so that the PC does not "break" as it is now?
I do not need to reinstall, there is a rollback of the system (this is not the first time it saves me by the word "life"), just when checking how it will be, I was shown two programs (which can be easily downloaded again)
and a game, 90 GB, which has already been downloaded again I do not really want to at a speed of 400-950 kb, while neither these two programs nor the game are installed on the recoverable disk C. In general, I am interested in two things, the first is whether the rollback will help in principle. And the second - is it possible to somehow save the game when rolling back

a

Sweety_Mustard
And what Ibpshnik to take, would you advise?

I
IngwardIn 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio
When you learn how to write your system in technical forums ... you yourself ask which UPS to buy, but did not say anything about your power supply.
You can try to turn it off with a button, disconnect it from the network and wires for a while, then check it, it will suddenly help.
If you want to check the integrity of the OS, then write in the command line from the administrator sfc / scannow

a

IngwardIn

I
IngwardIn 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio
Try this.
% SystemRoot% sysNative sfc.exe / scannow

D
Denis Kyokushin 27.04.21

armageddon_Trulio
Do you have a tough one?
In general, you need an additional media (not a hard partition, namely the second hard one, at least for a while). If the game is bought in Steam, you hook the Steam folder with the game and Steam files, and throw it on another media. Install the OS again, copy the Steam again, where it is convenient and with the help of the Steam startup file in this folder you launch it. You will get a window with a login and password. Enter, and Steam will open and see your game installed.
If the game was bought in GOG, then copy the folder with the game to the media, install the OS, install the Galaxy, return the game to the desired folder, and in GOGe indicate the path to it.
If the game is in Juplea, then everything is the same as in GOG. Only in GOG you can re-link a bunch of games in one folder, and in Yuplea each one separately.
If the game is in EGS, then here I am powerless, I do not buy games there

a

Denis Kyokushin
Two railway lines, and the game is on the second one, but still for some reason in the list of programs that will be "deleted" when rolling back (restoring). In general, okay, thanks for the advice, I'll try again to check the system as advised by Mister above you, if it doesn't help, I'll just pump out the Windows, the main thing is that would help, and I'm already used to downloading the game for a week

a

IngwardIn
"The system could not find the specified path"