3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 24.05.21 03:51 am

Is it better to play the game while it is still fresh?

It is better to play the game while it is still fresh, and not when the game is 5 years old or more? Some say that it is better to play the game while it is fresh, like a hot pie, then it is not so interesting. Although you don't always have time to play games right away, sometimes you postpone it, and I don't seem to notice that it plays worse later ... Although personally I think it doesn't matter how old the game is, the main thing is that it is interesting and exciting.
21 Comments
Sort by:
b
barbarian 24.05.21

Katanar I
almost never play fresh. Especially in strategies, the new ones are often worse than the old ones.

k
kurskiy 24.05.21

It depends on what kind of game. Some are better to play after a few big patches.

r
requiemmm 24.05.21

The game must be played when it is over. Taking into account the traditions of the modern game industry, 5 years after the release, when all the DLS are released, all the patches, the hurry-ups will find all the errors, write a wiki for all the quests and give a discount of 50% or more in the incentive. There are so many games that there is always something to play, so there is no need to rush. No one will be pleased to watch cars leaving for the wall, NPCs ascending into the sky, broken dialogues, artifacts, soap textures and other joys of raw alpha for full price.
There are adherents of the mythical "Relevance" who declare that games must be played on release so that there is someone to discuss them with, but for some reason they think that it is interesting to discuss something with them :) But what to discuss with a character who adheres to logic "If I bought this, then this is a masterpiece, for I am infallible!"

K
Katanar 24.05.21

It is understandable that you need to wait a bit until the game is finalized if it is buggy. The question is, will the game be just as interesting for you if you postpone it for 5-10 years?

S
Spiny 24.05.21

You can play the game even when, the main thing is not to spoil yourself with different sources (discussions of this game, YouTube, etc ...). It's like a movie. You can watch the classics of the last century and see what films were then (of course, if you have not seen this film). Although I'm not averse to watching films even 10 times. I also play games sometimes already 10 or 20 times. With games it is more difficult for me, I know many scenario tricks and guess what will happen next. It's one thing a movie for 2 hours and you're purely a spectator, and it's another thing to run around for 10 hours in the game, and if the game is large-scale with an open world, it's even for 50 hours.

D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.21

Katanar
As it is convenient for you, come through if you have time and interest in the game
Katanar wrote: The
question is different, will the game be as interesting for you if you postpone it for 5-10 years?
And the strength of the lack of voyemeni for the passage of games, howlingly, do not care at the release date.

M
MunchkiN 616 24.05.21

games are technically and morally aging, so probably 5-6 years is a boundary beyond which modern games will not be played in the same way as modern games. plus new games will be released. I remember so myself, so peck-peck, I will have a normal PeKa and I will play all the games that I could not or postponed for some reason. and then running around in them in full resolution at ultras - why?
to the poet, as for me, games are relevant for a year or two, some maybe 3-4 if there is no generational change. further, there is probably a corridor of an ominous soapy valley where, after 20 years of play, change so much that bugs become chips.

w
winjoo 13.06.21

Depends on the game and on their own preferences, some and recent games may not be interesting. And some old games may be more interesting than new ones.
Katanar wrote: The
question is, will the game be as interesting for you if you postpone it for 5-10 years?
Well, for example, I went through Morowind for the first time in 2020, and I got no less pleasure than from Skurim. Therefore, everything can be. In addition, in games, graphics are often outdated, and the essence of graphics is not of paramount importance. The first thing that is evaluated in the game and is its main part is its gameplay and storyline.
If there is nothing else in the game besides the graphics, then it will become outdated very quickly. On the contrary, if the game has an interesting gameplay and plot, it will be relevant for a very long time, regardless of the graphics. I've been replaying the Space Rangers for so long, and I didn't feel that she would be in any way out of date.

P
Piracy is a boon 13.06.21

When "it is still fresh" there are too many bugs in it, in 50% of cases there is poor optimization and, as has already become a tradition, a lot is cut out, which will then be served as DLC.
Personally, I play freshly only when it's an RPG with a huge world and a lot of quests like Morra, Obla, Skye, The Witcher. In such games, no matter how you play, you will still screw up the first 2-3 passes in the passage of both side effects and the main plot. Therefore, when the game becomes overgrown with even more additions, it will be even more difficult to figure it out.
But strategies, shooters, action games, corridor RPGs, adventure games and other genres, it is better to go through when all the additions are released for them.
For 25 years that I have been playing, only 1 game has been completed at the stage of a complete fresh start. Because of the "template break". 3 quests of the same type for 3 cities + the same quests of the same type for one settlement + just a couple of knives and blades + a dozen or so towers + a few dozen flags that have not yet been found)))) then they made a very specific game and in the absence of complete analogs, this game was played in one breath, while I have the wildest bugs and a ton of flaws. Although you all know that this Masiaf parkour on the rooftops did not shine with anything special.

J
J4CKSON 13.06.21

Drive these "some" to hell, it is never too late to complete this or that game, regardless of the release date. Just make a backlog of the games you want to complete and play for yourself calmly.

D
Delarains play 13.06.21

It makes absolutely no difference when to pass the "fresh". After all, situations are different - there is no time, you are waiting for a hack or a good discount. I especially want to pay attention to the latter - well, I don't want to give a huge amount for a game that is played in one evening, or it is unplayable due to bugs and other shit. If you really want to play a game, sooner or later you will.
But there is a flip side of the coin - when the game is released, you can pick up spoilers, which is not very good.

P
PETRENKO VLADIMIR 20.08.21

Delarains Play
Colleague agrees with you !!!

P
Protocol10 20.08.21

Katanar
Correctly advise, you can't play right at the start. To pass at least 10 years later, when the game is polished and sold at an adequate price tag. I just recently started to go through the second witcher and am happy as an elephant with the optimization. Somewhere in 2026, I will start completing the third witcher and GTA 5.

I
IngwardIn 20.08.21

To be honest, some kind of finished subject of the topic, this is how dependent one needs to be, so as not to draw conclusions in accordance with current realities ... Now is not the 2000s, progress in games, if there is, is hardly noticeable, but the gameplay of games in their concept, in principle, do not fundamentally change.

A brief example: RDR2 was released in 2018, DLLS was delivered in 2021.

b
barbarian 20.08.21

Katanar
I usually play with a delay. The Witcher 3 finished just this year. Last year on the 1st and 2nd. I only played the poleaxe without delay, so it happened. In strategies, as someone already said, there is quite the opposite in the tops of strategies that are more than 20 years old as age of empires 2 or old total vars - copper 2

K
Katanar 20.08.21

Well, it is clear that if the game is postponed for too long, it will become obsolete at some point, graphics, and other things. I think it's not worth postponing for more than 5 years, otherwise you will lag behind fashion)) Although there are games that hold on very well, many years later, max Payne, mafia 1, half-life 2, because everything was done with a soul, and thoughtfully ... I don't know if modern games can last that long ...

K
Keks 07.10.21

If this is a game I'm really looking forward to, then I want to play on release day. And so you can wait until the patches, dlc, mods are finished. But you should not postpone too long - the graphics will become outdated, a bunch of spoilers, and it may just become uninteresting.

A
Anderby 28.10.21

There is a special charm about playing the game fresh. After all, so she definitely will not fly away on the back burner. But I don’t care, manuscripts don’t burn, games don’t get old, I play anything and everything. Old games are a kind of time travel, casts of their era.

M
Manhunt1908 05.10.22

Currently, there are a lot of buggy and unfinished games at the start, so waiting a little while until everything gets better does not look so stupid.

B
Benedikt Wolframovich 25.10.22

While the game is fresh, on the Internet you can see actively pop-up memes, explanations and theories about it. And you can ask the players something.
If you wait, the game will be more polished, but there is a chance to miss some imba things, like the energy sword of the Witch Knight from DAI, which was nerfed over time.