3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Andrew_Mak 01.06.21 08:38 pm

Problems with loading textures in games

Hello everyone, on the day the game was released, days gone on the PC, I decided to test its performance on my computer, I'll clarify right away, I downloaded the games from a torrent, launched it after installation, in the very first minutes artifacts began to appear in the form of a slowdown effect in cut-scenes, a delay sound (the characters utter their lines with a slight delay) and, most importantly, when switching to the open world, at the first chase, I began to notice that the loading of textures "did not keep up" for my characters, the problem was solved by the fact that I pressed esc and waited a few seconds, after which the download was finally completed, but not on a large perimeter of the map, so the problem resumed very quickly. Then I reduced everything to dampness of the assembly and deleted the game. A few days later I decided to download red dead redemtion 2 and faced exactly the same problem, loading textures, problems with sound and, in addition, a delay in all actions of the character, until the textures are loaded (applies to all his actions, be it from a conversation with a character, skinning an animal, all kinds of scripts). When an unloaded texture was found, I went to the quick menu by the same principle, it was loaded for some time (Fig. 5), and when the download was completed (Fig. 6), I closed it again and observed the fully loaded textures. I am attaching a couple of screenshots to the text, as an example and the result of checking the health of my ssd. I used the same principle to go to the quick menu, it loaded for some time (Fig. 5), and when the download was completed (Fig. 6), I closed it again and watched the fully loaded textures. I am attaching a couple of screenshots to the text, as an example and the result of checking the health of my ssd. I used the same principle to go to the quick menu, it loaded for some time (Fig. 5), and when the download was completed (Fig. 6), I closed it again and watched the fully loaded textures. I am attaching a couple of screenshots to the text, as an example and the result of checking the health of my ssd.
Components of my pc:
1. Video card: RTX 2070 SUPER,
2. Processor: Intel Core i5-9400f,
3. 16 GB of RAM

Fig. 6

55 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrew_Mak 01.06.21

If anyone has encountered such a problem and knows how to solve it, please write.

K
KIBERMAX 01.06.21

Andrew_Mak
Too many letters, I could describe the problem in a shorter way.
1st you updated firewood on vidyahu to the current version in this case 466.47
2nd pirate maybe old and with bugs
3rd Vulkan api or Directx 12 what do you use?
4th what Windows? I hope the current Windows 10x64 20H2
5th delete the game config and reconfigure everything again, the Rockstar Games folder is in my documents, the red dead redemption 2 folder is in it, delete this folder and restart the game, reconfigure the graphics.

A
Andrew_Mak 01.06.21

I installed and reinstalled the drivers, it did not help, I play on directx 12, the latest version of windows, just updated, with a config, now I'll try and write it down, as for the versions, I don't think that the same problems in two different games are a coincidence.

p
pekabir 01.06.21

the test results are so-so. checked for bad and reassigned sectors?

A
Andrew_Mak 01.06.21

pekabir
No, I didn’t check it, I’ll see how it’s done, then I’ll write about the results.

A
Andrew_Mak 01.06.21

pekabir I
checked the memory with the built-in windows tool, no errors were found.

p
pekabir 01.06.21

Andrew_Mak bullshit
it all. you need to check either the software that is from the disk manufacturer (do you probably have some kind of VD green?) or AIDA64

A
Andrew_Mak 01.06.21

pekabir
Now I will check.

A
Andrew_Mak 01.06.21

pekabir
As for ssd, I have a kingston a400 480 GB.

A
Andrew_Mak 01.06.21

pekabir Check
result:

A
Andrew_Mak 13.06.21

KIBERMAX
After deleting the config, the download speed increased, but the problem is not completely resolved.

P
Protocol10 13.06.21

Andrew_Mak
I have the same config practically. core i5 9400f, 2080, 16 ram. I put games on ssd. There were no problems with loading.

A
Andrew_Mak 13.06.21

Protocol10
This is what I expected at home, that's why I'm writing.

A
Andrew_Mak 13.06.21

What else I noticed is that during the game itself, the disc does not load enough, but if you pause it, its load increases dramatically, I checked it several times.

A
Andrew_Mak 13.06.21

A more illustrative example:

Before the pause, as you can see, the house was not loaded.

Paused, loading jumps sharply:

Textures are loaded :

p
pekabir 13.06.21

Andrew_Mak
judging by the reviews on the network your disk is rare. the cache overflows too quickly and the speed drops to the level of a dead HDD. I see no other reason. on my VD green there are no downloads at all in RDR2

A
Andrew_Mak 13.06.21

pekabir
But how to explain then the fact that when paused, it starts to work at full speed.

p
pekabir 13.06.21

Andrew_Mak
can load a certain piece of texture, I xs. the bottom line is that the SSD is half-sluggish and cannot cope with a game weighing 100 + GB

A
Andrew_Mak 13.06.21

pekabir
But he can't cope with days gone either, cyberpunk at the time of its release was going well, no such problems were observed.

p
pekabir 13.06.21

Andrew_Mak
in cyberpuck texture resolution 512x512 and 1024x1024, this is generally ROFL. I haven't seen daesgon in my eyes, so I can't say anything