3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 01.06.21 08:41 pm

What older games still look good and still have the graphics outdated?

What old games do you think are still holding, and the graphics are pleasant and do not cause rejection?
28 Comments
Sort by:
P
Protocol10 01.06.21

Katanar
Any game. If rejection occurs, then in the first half hour of the game. If the game drags on, then don't care about the graphics.

S
Spiny 01.06.21

Minecraft 😂

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.06.21

Katanar It depends
on how old they are. STALKER PM and The Witcher 1 should not cause rejection

M
MunchkiN 616 01.06.21

different sprite games are practically not tired in my opinion. but in fact they are outdated but there are no questions of comparison to them.
but the 3d graphics pitch-pitch. in fact, I tried to determine where the boundaries of bad and good graphics are and could not. the boundaries of the soapy valley of horror are moving. the fashion for technical antics and visual fashion effects is also mobile. For example, a warm global bloom used to be in vogue - schA it is perceived unpleasantly as an epic effect. before there was no bump, normal mapping and juicy ssoo fuuuu and the shadows wanted clear you prescribe so hop 4k shadows and you want soft blurry effects. before so gpu acceleration aaaa steep. Now Luchne play old games without GPU acceleration 640x480 in general, but before that they played like that to whom the mother did not buy a video card.
even my own fantasies about some near good grafon of the future of what I imagined about 6-10 years ago are getting old, and this is about what is partially there now. but actually what is now and all the graphic itself is separated by several performance ceilings of pitches. therefore, any grafon is to some extent disgusting until it reaches a certain point where the lighting and interactivity becomes hardly distinguishable from the camera.
however, games with baked lighting gain a plus in longevity, as well as games where poor graphics are part of the art style, and these games are difficult to imagine with the most advanced photorealistic grofony.

J
JoysticK 01.06.21

The last of us 1
Gothic 3

D
DemonXL1080 01.06.21

Doom 3 is high.

p
pekabir 01.06.21

I am right now in the titan quest I am thrashing. quite normal grofony

r
requiemmm 13.06.21

Early 3D is aging the most. Games from the early 2000s, with their angular models and protruding texture joints, now look just awful. And the sprites are okay, why is there aging, they seem to be frozen out of time. There are pictures painted with huge strokes, almost from a fingernail, or, for example, Japanese painting, so the sprite graph in games is the same. Most likely because he initially did not strive for realism, it cannot be spoiled by comparison.

A
Anderby 13.06.21

Everything.

p
pekabir 13.06.21

requiemmm
requiemmm wrote:
And the sprites are in order,
not fucking like that. for example the first parts of the TEC and "sword and magic" (those with a first-person view) look like shit. sprites sprites strife

k
kurskiy 13.06.21

Here it is necessary to clarify how old. 10 years, 20, more?

w
winjoo 13.06.21

Protocol10 wrote:
Any games. If rejection occurs, it will be in the first half hour of the game. If the game drags on, then don't care about the graphics.
You can agree. Graphics are not the essence of the game. The most important thing is an interesting gameplay. Last year I replayed TES4 myself, before that TES3 (without graphic mods). What can I say. Oblivion still looks great. Morowind, though slightly loses in graphics, but the world is well developed. In the beginning, you get rid of the rats in the local house (or they are from the player), then you go to the Fort of the Moon Butterfly ... and the plot tightens ...
By the way, Threads of Fate looks good on the PS1 emulator. The plot and gameplay are pretty interesting. Russian language is present.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.06.21

pekabir wrote:
no, fucking like that. for example the first parts of the TEC and "sword and magic" (those with a first-person view) look like shit. sprites sprites strife
in general, tou tes 2 and sword and magic with the 6th is a 3d game. simple because of the limitation on polygons and onimation, pre-rendered sprites were used. and these games look good if you imagine that they would try to go to full 3D using the available capacities and capabilities of the engine. the closest example is trees in tes 4 oblivion where the forest is dense with trees texture but when you come close 3d. but not quite 3D but also with a cloud of textures. And once I had such a dispute that it is better to travon - teksturkoy or 3d. the texture has a minus, it spins and is possible on a wide monitor strongly. in 3d minus that 3d is nifiga not 3d in it, objects are made by crosshairs of planes that are flat and you can cut yourself on them and the planes become flat at certain angles. and now take the great and terrible sruzis tama grafon and 3d trees. palm trees look steep and deciduous not very. very cool if they were like in the field in my opinion, and so the vegetation was fluffy and without it it would have been sucked. it also helped that the vegetation did not have accurate lighting. therefore, from 2005 to somewhere in 2014 there was an actual sprite foliage, and where it is not there it looks like something obscene. and looking at old sprite games somewhere in the 2000s, I was amazed why sprite travon is not used, but instead of this model from 10 polygon caeff.
Also, for example, quayk1 in my pitch looks prettier than quayk 2. technically, of course, the latter is better, but from the poetry of a person in 2010, it seems like quake2 is round explosions, hellish soap and little men made of cut cardboard. for a person with a zhpu in 1998-2000, this all certainly looked a little different and he probably would have had to prove to non-believers what the trick is as rtx and dlss and what for he spent 200,000-250,000 rubles on modern valuable ones.

so, probably in graphoneia, you can summarize that in the 2000s I was worried about polygons and low smart details.
from 2006-7, polygon detailing has increased. but only on characters where, in my opinion, it became eye-satisfying. during this period of time I was worried about soap textures and so that full dynamic lighting was shadow mapping.
from 11-12 years old I was occupied with volumetric texturing, volumetric 3D effects and parallax houses. and reflections are looking for.
from 12-13 years old I was saddened by the lack of global illumination and everything connected with it in general. I wanted to hold out the reel time lighting until baked.
from the year of the 20th I will most likely be worried about the exact ior, reflections and all sorts of semi-glass and caustic shadows, which used to be a grapho-dream.

and graphics that are not outdated to a very unpleasant state, having thought, I would call the conditional era of dx10. although he was not conditionally in the games dx9 was brought to a scream and betrayed. So, conditionally, there will be graphical nextgen games from 2006. on the basis of technologies and if we catch up with their detail. For example, that Wolds 2 Gothic 4 Witcher 2 cruises all sorts. in terms of a comfortable level of visualization, I would note dragon age 2 with bh textures, despite the fact that there are 11 dx and toshellation and arma 2 sometime. but unfortunately, the games of the th time were guided mainly by the bar below, they were sharpened for 256-512mb vram3 giga 3 cores, most of the games that I played were sealed on ye3 with its special effects.

p
pekabir 13.06.21

MunchkiN 616 the
point is that the sprites are shit shit. in particular, the animation, which is made anyhow, but PRRENDER !!!. there is a bunch of games where pseudo3d is many times better and the movements of the characters are smoother. "donkey kong country" for example or "toy story" for sega

P
Podvipodvertov 13.06.21

For me, the same RDR2 looks good, although the game has been hitting for over a year.
The same Metro Exodus (not a remaster) looks pretty good.
The Witcher 3 still looks more or less tolerable.
Far End 4 and the Inquisition round out this chart so to speak. All that is older, there is already diarrhea and not a picture.

s
saixkk 13.06.21

graphics in old games generally cannot cause rejection)
If you decide to play an old game, then obviously you think about graphics last

A
A.Soldier of Light 20.06.21

Katanar wrote:
What old games do you think are still holding, and the graphics are pleasant and do not cause rejection?
Here, of course, everything will be epic "IMHO" &) not otherwise.

For example, the old first Starcraft, not even a remaster, but the original ... who rejects it? Not with me.
And so on, the list goes on. But yes, there are games where the graph is already too terrible. For example, how many of you remember or know about "Duke Nukem: Time to Kill"? The graphon is terrible, no matter how you look. Unlike "Duke Nukem 3D", for example.
requiemmm wrote:
Early 3D ages the hardest
Exactly, they are. Old games where they started to run in 3D models. But not all, not all. For example, the first Quake) Everything fits into the atmosphere so well that the primitive three-dimensional grafon of 1995-1996 does not reject at all. So, it's not about the graphics as such, you just need to be able to do everything so that it looks normal.
So, the old game "Bubsy 3D: Furbitten Planet" on the first Playstation came out in 1996, looked wretched.
saixkk
No, the graphics are important, it's just that in some old games it, being "so-so", still perfectly complements the gameplay. Together with the rest of the game's elements, primitive graphics may not be important. Bybsy 3D, for example, is terrible in every detail)

k
kuniliber 07.02.22

Infernal, max payne 2, nfs 1.2, MW.

Q
QWERQWERQEWR 07.02.22

Mass Effect 2 and Stalker are already quite old games, but they look good (at least for me)

I
I am Batman 20.08.22

Well, if we consider that the graphics reached a new level in 2007 with the release of Crysis, and the games released before this year can really be called old, then my list is as follows: Max Payne 2, FEAR, STALKER