3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 13.06.21 12:17 am

What old games have you played in recent times?

And what emotions were there from them, everything is the same as before?
58 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Kyokushin 13.06.21

If Dishonored is considered old, then I am delighted with the passage. But I haven't finished yet.

K
Katanar 13.06.21

Yes, Dishonored fits, but it is not very old, especially games from 10 to 20 years old are rolling) Right now I'm going through Mirror's Edge, the game is interesting, but there is no such delight as before, I am glad that right now I started to play better, almost everything from the first time it turns out!))

M
MunchkiN 616 13.06.21

marrawind passed. a lot of it. emotions are not like before. in general, if you play into it, then the world and exploration works as before and you are surprised as before, but you understand that this is different.
mass effect 2 and 3 started going to go so it was all very bad there. because everything was fine with me and I do not know what the game looks like when everyone has bathhetes there. emotions are about the same as when I finished playing these games. I have studied them well and they have acquired a lot.
another cauldron of gothic 2 to try against but became scary. passed on letsplay. it was interesting how the players in it reason and make all sorts of choices. and tama corsairs 2 I looked for it to be difficult at one time and with a crooked control.
Basically, I would note the graphic emotion that used to seem normal has now faded. something from what used to bomb causes okay face and soapy humility.
and finally, before that, I somehow played games for the purpose of machine learning, statistics and the formation of the concept of a certain ideal game. because of this, I perceived the games somewhat detached. But now I was wondering how they form the illusion of the world in the player, so I tried to play the role of a player who plays the game for the first time and immerses himself in the gameplay. so I discovered for myself some other facets of the old games.

more interesting when I was listed as reviewing cartoons that I have watched for a long time. I noticed that I began to notice that my attention became more blurry and soapy but able to cover and process frames and scenes entirely. from that I began to notice something unseen before. Also, what I had previously studied carefully, my brain was completed with some details that were not found during repeated viewing. and the timing began to seem less, which is logical because there is no new information and qualitatively new information in the process of life becomes less so that everything flattens and accelerates in subjective reality.

F
FallenGhost 13.06.21

Over the past year, these games were played for the first time from the old (most of them on emulators):

The oldest game on the list is Silent Hill (1999), it was played twice, like Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, the newest is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (2009). The Witcher, Resident Evil Code: Veronica and Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly came in the most, Fatal Frame III: The Tormented and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 least of all.

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.06.21

Katanar
Emotions are not so strong because over time the attitude towards games is a little different. The strongest emotions you get when you just start playing games. That is why the very first ones leave the strongest "imprint" in the form of memories. Years later, when you play again you will not be able to experience the same emotions, even though the game will be your favorite. I had this when I replayed Return To Castle Wolfenstein.
The trouble with oldfags is that they have already seen many "gameplay" moments, and they cannot be surprised.

L
LGBT DESTROYER 13.06.21

Manhunt and this is about a biker quest

K
Katanar 13.06.21

manhant is not a quest, and not about a biker)) but this is a stealth action game about a serial killer. but about the biker, the quest is
full throttle, with cartoon graphics, I don't know, maybe someone likes this)

D
Danny Lamb 19.06.21

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
also what I had previously studied carefully, my brain was completed with some details that, when viewed again, did not reveal the
Substitution effect. When the brain optimizes old memories and adds chunks of other memories to the picture.

And now you already remember that in some Gothic (this is an example) there was great lighting with the setting sun, and you start and realize that this was not. What did it all come up with after passing modern games like RDR2 and The Witcher 3.

Or when a remaster of an old game comes out and many are surprised "what has changed?" But at the same time, the original did not have such graphics and detail.

The brain simplifies the picture of the memory, removes some objects. You could live in another city and walk around the square. The square and the church on it are remembered, and the brain, for example, optimizes memories and the paving stones that were on the square are replaced with the one that was seen most often, and not the one that was there.

W
Wаlking in dark 19.06.21

Max Payne 1.

U
Unmatched 19.06.21

The Dead Space Trilogy was recently replayed. I was very surprised by the level of graphics and the game in general at this time. The first two parts are in no way outdated.

S
Sweety_Mustard 19.06.21

I'm trying to find a chess campaign - the multiplayer is cool, yes, I want a storyline - don't know where you can download it?

U
Unmatched 19.06.21

Sweety_Mustard A
story- driven chess game? Is there anything like that ???

M
MunchkiN 616 19.06.21

Danny Lamb wrote:
Substitution effect. When the brain optimizes old memories and adds chunks of other memories to the picture.
not really but oh well.
here, rather, closer to the expansion of consciousness and beyond concentration, in this case, the actual and narrative series suffers (I once caught such a paradox when it seemed to me that my different captain Shepard speaks differently in terms of intonation when there is only one version of the voice acting), or vice versa, soapy relaxation, when when immersed in the game, the analysis of the visual series becomes less conscious. there is also the factor of the fact that when I played games at one time there was no fundamentally better graphics, of course I wanted better graphics and there were comparisons with reality, but the question did not stand as a whole, therefore, immersion in games could happen from a more soapy start. For example, in Morrowind, I thought that the arthropod models would get sick, but there was a soap tyrain and I had to throw on neural network textures.
deep graphical substitution of information so that in Gothic I didn’t notice modern 3D fog and rays.

J
JustZorbin 19.06.21

I only remember Persona 2, Pokemon fire red and Morrowind took place recently

v
v039483 19.06.21

The Chronicles of Riddick are both games, but the graphics are not the same ... now, you need to add edits to the work of the cube yourself. but otherwise great games!
Machinarium, pleased as the first time.

w
winjoo 19.06.21

Yes, lately I've gotten really hooked on retro gaming as new games are getting less and less friendly with my 2014 map. (I replayed some of the games *)
Here are not the new games completed for 2020-2021 that I would like to highlight:
Threads of fate (1999)
Tales of Symphonia (2016)
TES4 (2006) *
TES3 (2002)
Mafia (2002) *
Remember11 The Age of Infinity (2004) *
Spyro (1998)
Impressions from everyone are good and very good.

F
Fallen Ghost 01.07.22

Over the past year, I played these games for the first time from the old one:

The oldest game from the list is ObsCure (2004), the newest is Hunted: The Demon's Forge (2011). Two Worlds II and Test Drive Unlimited came in the most, ObScure both parts and Adventures of Captain Blood least of all. The latter was never officially released, but the playable build that appeared on the net is clearly from the late 2000s/early 100s.

r
requiemmm 01.07.22

Ex Car passed, nothing has changed, only this time I mastered it completely. But Red Alert 3 campaign could not be replayed. Cranberries are no longer happy, and balance and gameplay in general have never been a strong point of this game.
Empire at War plays the same way, planetary combat is still disgusting. Fable doesn't feel like it's changed either. In principle, I can conclude that games that are not tailored for an audience of a certain degree of stupidity age extremely slowly and their perception does not change, but sooner or later the fashionable youth Petrosyanism outgrows and begins to be perceived negatively.

P
Podvipodvertov 01.07.22

Although I started playing since 1995, and now I play as tightly as I did then, I probably even started playing more, because due to my age, no one forbids me to play a lot like my parents at one time)) but the old games are already they don’t roll for me, I can’t look at the ancient graphon, I’m already used to a beautiful picture.
Well, the mechanics of those games, as well as the general possibilities for me, look very limited, new games are more large-scale and well-developed, so to speak, a banal example that everyone will understand - GTA 3 and GTA5, Fallout 2 and Fallout 4 - I went through the second Fallout in due time I demolished it in a couple of weeks, and I have had Fallout 4 for several years now, you can live in it, since the game is wider in scope. Well, almost all new games similarly give more scope for all gaming aspects.
Playing old games after new ones is like jumping into the top nine after a new Camry, I can’t do that.

A
Anderby 01.07.22

Final Fantasy Origins. Yes, the feeling is the same.