3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alina 311 28.06.21 12:38 pm

FSR vs DLSS

On June 22, AMD will unveil its Fidelity FX
Super Resolution gaming frame rate technology .

Approximately 7 games will be available at the start.

But a group of games will be added in the near future.
Many publishers are also working with AMD to add this technology.

Do you think it will be able to adequately compete with Nvidia's DLSS?
35 Comments
Sort by:
g
gloccc 28.06.21

Alina 311
This year it will definitely not be able to, because now it can offer only a ton of soap (in the initial version of the dlss, although there was a lot of soap, but not so much as in fsr + nvidia has been developing the technology all this time and the dlss version 2.2 = shows great yourself). Of the pros, except that the availability on many maps (both red and green)

C
ClevoGame 28.06.21

gloccc
I see you have already tested the technology from amd? If you talk about soap so confidently

g
gloccc 28.06.21

ClevoGame
Watch the presentation and see for yourself. In any case, dlss = technology that has been developing for a year and a half and it will definitely be better than the just appeared analogue (which in addition works on older cards than dlss)

C
ClevoGame 28.06.21

gloccc,
by the compressed video from YouTube, to judge the presence of a large amount of soap, I do not argue, it is there, but not as accurate as in the first versions of the dlss

K
KIBERMAX 28.06.21

Well, I think all this soap can be corrected using image sharpening, which makes the picture clear, which is present in the firewood of AMD and NVIDIA.

S
SneaKs94 28.06.21

ClevoGame
So gloccc is right, fsr will not reach the level of dlss, since fsr processes ordinary unified kernels and not tensor kernels as in dlss, and for this the performance gain will be less, because the kernels will have to process fsr in addition to graphics.

A
Alina 311 28.06.21

KIBERMAX
I also thought about this, a very useful function.

S
SneaKs94 28.06.21

KIBERMAX
By the way, you don't need to go into firewood, well, this is the case with nvidia, just through freestyle you set the detail to 100% and the sharpness to 50% and that's it.

b
bloomm 28.06.21

gloccc wrote:
On the plus side , the availability on many cards (both red and green).
Plus, maybe for AMD's marketing department.
Amd once again throws a pig, most likely the initiative of the bald one from Amd, since they will not develop FSR for Nv, why? And Nv why did this FSR fall? When they have DLSS, try to pull out the 900 and 1000 series cards? This is how they were presented with a fact! It is easier for the owners of these cards to lower the resolution to 1080p 900p and get a clearer picture and more fps than using FSR from 1440p =) This was the calculation of the bald Amd that there would be a riot in a herd of rams from a number of Nv users, in fact it happened =) The rams saw an increase in FPS and at what cost they do not care =) Even the owners of Rtx cards did not use Dlss 1.0 all, although the sharpness was less taxied, 2.0 is currently top, it is no better than the native!

As a result, yes, FSR will probably work, but only with a quality preset and at least at 4k resolutions.
That, in fact, is only suitable for Rx 6800 and higher, in order to somehow compete with Rtx in games with RT.

For Rx 400 500, the same thing, they physically do not pull new games in 2k, but Amd tries to pull them there by force, and then with a dubious picture and a frame rate.
I laughed for a long time where 1066 they tortured in Godfall in 2k even outside of batching with 38 fps =) Like it's better than 28, but anyone will understand that this is a stupid frem rate for playing even from 3rd person! What's the point in this movie when native resolution at 1080p will produce more than 38 frames with a sharper cut? Then you can immediately buy a gamepad and block it for 30 and in fact you invented the console =)

S
SneaKs94 28.06.21

bloomm
In absolute :)

U
Unmatched 28.06.21

bloomm
Here, just the majority read that the FSR will work even on old cards from green, BUT did not read further. And there the amd said that the green ones should develop the fsr on green cards. This naturally will not happen, so AMD just threw the marketing statement out into the air, and the bilivers seized on.

S
SneaKs94 28.06.21

Peerless
Let them fantasize in their wet dreams.

M
Marsj 28.06.21

The main thing is that it works to increase frames in many games on release days, and there is already sharpness against the soap.

A
Alina 311 28.06.21

bloomm
In the end, yes, FSR is possible and will work, but only with a quality preset and at least at 4k resolutions.
Did you take part in the development of FSR?

M
MunchkiN 616 28.06.21

Well, I think all this soap can be corrected using image sharpening, which makes the picture clear, which is present in the firewood of AMD and NVIDIA.
I'm expecting this to be like taking a screenshot in full cd. blow it up to 4k with a trilinear filter through dithering and then add a sharpen on top, which greatly distorts the picture.
It's easier for me to play either in 4k or in full cd at 4k with hardware interpolation.
most likely this FSR will be in demand on consoles and will be compatible with a variety of engines, but for now the overwhelming majority of Nvidia cards are on PeKa. Another question is whether there are any deductions for NV for the use of its technologies and how cost-effective and simple it is to implement them.
for example, a number of technologies from amd including mlaa, mantle and shm 4. and a half practically did not find any use in games, but they were really not interesting to any consoles.

A
Alina 311 28.06.21

In general, FSR has proved to be a worthy competitor to DLSS, and most importantly, it is available from RX 460 to RX 6000 and 1000 gtx to 3000 rtx.

The following games currently support this technology.

In the near future they will also be joined.

The battle of technology begins. AMD open source and nvidia with proprietary.
May the worthy win!

b
bloomm 28.06.21

Alina 311
bloomm wrote:
In the end, yes, FSR may and will work, but only with a quality preset and at least in 4k resolutions.
That, in fact, is only suitable for Rx 6800 and higher, in order to somehow compete with Rtx in games with RT.
As I looked at the input, FSR is something of itself only on quality and ultra quality presets in 4k, at least 2k is needed =) 1080 is nothing. The list of games is of course divine ...

If it's so easy to implement, why is such a list poor? =) Could at least walk on their own tops Valhalla there, for example. I think while this list is acquiring games, DLSS 3.0 will be released =)

S
SneaKs94 28.06.21

Alina 311
Well, actually, it didn’t turn out to be a worthy competitor, but the technology is good, but not the dlss level, this is a fact.

S
SneaKs94 28.06.21

bloomm
So still fsr, cannot reconstruct the image as dlss, even in that video above it was shown on distant objects.

A
Alina 311 23.07.21

Now you can directly compare FSR 1.0 and DLSS 2.2
FSR 1.0

DLSS 2.2

It's obvious who the winner is.