3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Allen_Rodman 12.07.21 09:34 pm

Low FPS in Far Cry 3 on a powerful pc for this game

I have not a bad PC but Far cry 3 comes with an average fps of 40-62 fps, despite the fact that my video card should pull this game with fps from 90 - 110. Xs what to do
Here are the components of the
video card GTX 1660 SUPER
processor xeon e5 2678 v3
memory ddr3 32gb 4 channel
motherboard huanan x99 tf
Below are screenshots with fps and CPU and video card load

28 Comments
Sort by:
S
Space Ðœarine 12.07.21

As far as I remember, FC3 doesn't like HT / SMT. The game should work fine on ~ 4 cores and without hypertrading. You can disable hypertrading in the BIOS, you can select the number of cores for the game in the task manager.
If you are just playing on your computer, I would, in principle, not advise you to turn on hypertrading on this zone. Most often, without it, you will have more FPS.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman Recently
tested at myself:

Allen_Rodman wrote:
What is HT / SMT?
Streams. But I have them turned on. It will be necessary to turn it off somehow
If the figure 57% is the load on the card, then it rests for you by almost half.

B
Be3yH4eG 12.07.21

Cpu3 is hammering in a hundred. Can't you see?

H
Hellhound_Anger 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman
At cha kit - vidyuha 68 degrees and the core percentage itself and threads = orientation to the server machine, workload, from autumn to autumn with low frequencies such a weak core. Skoko is still a protsik, you need to look at the tempera, since the resting 1660S is on fire. In short, the percentage does not take out.
Well, as they said, hyper training ethno marketing! In games, he is not needed, from the word at all, and without him the protsik plows better, but
don't expect Ento!

A
Allen_Rodman 12.07.21

Hellhound_Anger
I don't understand one thing then why let's say in Far Cry 5 I have an average of 89 fps on ultra if the percentage does not export

A
Allen_Rodman 12.07.21

Denis Kyokushin
Upright not included

S
Space Ðœarine 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman
Because you have already written above that Far Cry 3 does not like hypertrading. The game was made in the days of 2/4/6-core processors and not by the most direct hands.
Open Task Manager and leave only CPUs 0,2,4 and 6 for the FC3 process. Or CPUs 0,2,4,6,8 and 10. And uncheck the rest of the boxes. And look at the result.
If you play on dx11, you can also open the GamerProfile.xml file and change the value from 0 to 1 in front of the D3D11MultithreadedRendering parameter. The file is located in the Documents / My Games / Far Cry 3 folder.

A
Allen_Rodman 12.07.21

Space Marine
Sorry for a stupid question but hiper trading is it a turbo boost? By the way, I set the CPU to 0,2,4,6,8 and 10 and the result became better but still not 100 fps +. And where is the folder c GamerProfile.xml?

.Chiken 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman
Hyper trading is hyper trading. Turbo boost is another thing xD
Look for the corresponding item in the BIOS xD

S
Space Ðœarine 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman
Hypertrading is when you have 1 physical core defined by the system as 2 logical ones. Because of it, you have 12 physical cores shown in the system as 24 threads. After disabling hypertrading, you will have 12 cores and 12 threads.

You are unlikely to have constant 100+ fps in Far Cry 3. The game is not optimized in the best way.

GamerProfile.xml is located in Documents -> My Games -> Far Cry 3.
It can be simpler: press the Windows + R keys and enter:
% USERPROFILE% Documents My Games Far Cry 3
Or enter it in the search bar at the bottom next to the start ...

H
Hellhound_Anger 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman In
short, debriefing.
Far Cry 4 uses an updated version of the Dunia 2 engine previously used in Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, but unlike other recently updated engines, Dunia 2 was simply updated and not reinvented. Far Cry 5 - the game has continued the practice of a series of using the Dunia Engine, a modified version of CryEngine.
Moved by itself is an outdated piece of code.
Allen_Rodman wrote:
I don't understand one thing then why let's say in Far Cry 5 I have an average of 89 fps at ultra if the percentage does not take out
Heh,
To make full use of HTT and SMT, the software must be properly optimized. When it comes to gaming, IPC and clock speed are more important (and you have a server processor, where cores and threads in a workload are more important). More physical cores are better than HTT or SMT. These technologies are more of a bonus to processor performance, and the difference in performance is small. SMT or HTT mostly improves multi-threaded workloads, whereas in games this is controversial. Hyper-Threading improves CPU throughput (up to 30% in server applications).
Disable Hyperthreading - The main benefit will be to prevent the OS from making distracting decisions on a schedule. Hyperthreading enabled - Lower performance per hyperthreading thread will result in a net loss of performance.

So, the FPS drop is mainly due to some really terrible limitations of a single core processor, not due to the GPU itself. the game does not use multicore as most of the work is done by one processor core. Due to the inability of the game to properly use multiple CPU cores, the six-core processor performed similarly to the simulated tri- and quad-core systems. In other words, PC gamers will either have to overclock their processors or buy new processors that provide better performance per processor core. The same is true in Far Cry 4. And, as with Far Cry 4, we strongly recommend disabling Hyper Threading, otherwise you may run into a number of performance issues.
- if you want to improve FPS, reduce shadows and geometry and it will increase FPS.
Far Cry 5 already suffered from the lack of streams in the toy:
Proof
The one and the other are friends with a maximum of 8 streams. Imagine that your server proc's performance is spread over 12 cores and 24 threads. Tin finally. All you need is 4 cores and 8 threads. Putting it all into a pile back (just kidding just kidding!)

And you need to check esche Tempra proca. Why, your card is boiling, 68 degrees with such a weak load, from here go and the procyclist even weakly boosts.

m
madmax5_snajper 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman
Yes, Hellhound_Anger is right, that the video card heats up very much under such a load, it should be at most 50 degrees or even less, but not 68, so look that there is nothing wrong with the cooling.

A
Allen_Rodman 12.07.21

madmax5_snajper
I have three turntables for front blowing and 2 turntables with a massive heatsink on the process, so it should be cool in the case. And about vidyahi, I xs, there was always such a temperature

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman
Now, due to economy, cards may have difficulties with cooling. I initially warmed up at 68-72 °, then suddenly noticed how in The Witcher 3 it began to heat up to 84 ° in 4 minutes.
If MSAA is x8, try x4. This anti-aliasing is good at landing FPS

M
MunchkiN 616 12.07.21

most likely because the processor has a ridiculous frequency of 2.5 GHz and in this case a lot of cores does not save because the performance per core is also important. so nada is simple normal playing 3+ ghz processor
that before turning off virtual threads with a larger number of physical cores than supported by the application, and for Farkrai 3 it was hardly more than 8 - this most likely does not make any sense. in theory, virtual cores should degrade performance on draw requests and multi-small calls such as massive physics, but in practice this does not seem to happen. as a rule, disabling virtualization also entails a decrease in performance in applications sharpened for multithreaded and multi-request (for example, ray tracing), and in applications for a small thread, the virtual core, in theory, works when the physical does nothing, so in the case of small kolychev cores - threads and a large one for the application - the application would have to wait a long time until one thread is pumped and then start another.

D
Denis Kyokushin 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman
If I understand correctly, then your motherboard has 8 slots, 4 of which are DDR3 and 4 DDR4. It turns out that you have not 4 channels, but two. What frequency does the RAM work at? And your processor officially has a boost frequency of 3.1 GHz. For 1660S rather weak

A
Allen_Rodman 12.07.21

Denis Kyokushin
I have 4 memory slots, frequency 1866 MHz. Prots ordinary and pulls my vidyahu. The bottom line is that a lot of threads and cores don't work well with all games. And so in other games I have even more FPS than on bundles with Reisen 3500. Although I think that it would really be better to collect on Reisen, this percentage is more universal due to the fact that there are more core frequencies there.

A
Allen_Rodman 12.07.21

Hellhound_Anger
Indeed, I was mistaken, I have 3 turntables for blowing, one behind for blowing and one with a large radiator for the process plus a cooler for the VRM zone. Regarding the cooling of xs, it is unlikely that this is related to the processor, especially the temperature of the processor under the load, as far as I remember, was on average 65 degrees, in short it does not boil too much. Asus dual evo gtx 1660 super video card and under load in the same far cry 5 when playing the values ​​were 72-75 degrees. So it seems to me that someone is as lucky with the video cards.

H
Hellhound_Anger 12.07.21

Allen_Rodman
Soryan, in vain he shot. I'm proud of you! And vidyuhoy the same, but with the protsik you still overdid it, you know, it was more modest, there are 6 cores and 12 commercials flows. It would be better. Although okay, I rent for 8 cores and 16 threads!
Allen_Rodman wrote:
due to the fact that there are more core frequencies.
Oh brother, this is AM4, there are not just frequencies, there the technical process is better, the power consumption is better, the core is 40% more powerful, there is a DDR4 controller, RAM speeds and frequencies are higher, the cache is larger (well, if for 3500X. Rubber band 5 3500 (not xx) I I would not highly recommend taking it, then 3300X). And 3600 and 3700X will sit on AM4, and if this is not less than X470 B450, then 5600X (and this is now a treadmill, the dream of an ordinary person with the coolest core). Oh, you haven't seen latency yet. Amuda will be better than yours in the four-channel, including the speed with frequencies (which means it will be better in toys and on this basis).
That's it, vagabond.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.07.21

Denis Kyokushin,
as I understand it, there are 4 channels by analogy with motherboards on this chipset, which have only 4 memory slots instead of 8.
ddr3, in turn, extra memory is not clear how and why. if there is an extra ddr 3 lying around or it is more than ddr4, you can stick it. but you cannot use it together.
There is still a very weak board there, just on my only 2 ports of ddr, and moreover 3, most likely, which is very strange since the memory controller is in the processor.
what is the memory for the memory, as I understand it from the comrade 8GB x4 (32GB), but the trick is that there is a 64x4 bit bus in the 64x2 place for two channels (not taking into account the registry memory). those bandwidth is higher there and the timings are shorter than those of the relatively available ddr4 modules with an over 3100 MHz frequency