3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Boldgem 05.08.21 10:52 pm

Old games lag and freeze

In general, this is the case, old games lag, or more precisely, mostly games of the ps3 and xbox 360 era. That is, some conventional psychonauts and beyond good and evil work fine with old ones, respectively, shadow of the tomb raider and resident evil 2 remake, albeit not at maximum speed, but work well. But the prince of perssi from 2010, black ops first or tomb raider underworld work just disgusting. My pc:
Video card: rx 580 8 gb
Processor: ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: prime b450m-k
RAM: 16 GB, ddr4
4 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel rally 05.08.21

Boldgem The
graphics card may have a small load, so it reduces the operating frequency.

W
Wаlking in dark 05.08.21

Boldgem
Older games can be optimized for no more than two cores. Experiment with this by disabling "extra cores" and Turbo Boost (I don't know what this feature is called on AMD).

l
legusor 05.08.21

try switching the game to one processor thread through the task manager or any software tool that supports set affinity. you can even just through the cmd console or a self-written batch file. I described this in topics with the suffering and the suffering 2 on the local forum.
you can also try switching the video card to maximum performance mode through driver settings, or programs like MSI afterrburner.
if there is overclocking, then take it off.

B
Boldgem 20.08.21

None of the suggested methods helped. Turned off smt, limited the number of cores to 4, 3, 2, turned off the turbo boost ... There was no overclocking. The video card, by the way, is always loaded at 100%, and at the moment when the load is maximum, freezes happen. This happens precisely in games from 2006-2013, that is, in games that also came out on ps3 and xbok 360, games from the times of ps2 and ps4 with xbox van work perfectly