3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rinarium 05.08.21 10:57 pm

Game information (Dota 2)

All information here.
169 Comments
Sort by:
T
TWISTOS 05.08.21

Valve is already preparing its own Dota based on the Source â„¢ engine and it is called Dota 2.
Valve are some of the best game developers in the world who have created such masterpieces of the gaming industry as Half-Life 2, Counter Strike, Portal, Left 4 Dead, etc.

Dota 2 - will be a full-fledged game on the Source engine. All heroes, artifacts, terrain, buildings will be transferred to the game.
Any Dota fan will have to recognize Dota 2.

The developers report that they will not touch the gameplay of the game and will leave it as it is.
The main task is to change the design, make it more beautiful. The good news is that the project will be developed jointly with the developer of Dota Allstars - IceFrog!

What's new in Dota 2: Interesting innovations and features:
- Global change of graphics, lighting, detailing.
- Voice chat will appear. Now you can swear at the top of your voice!
- Now bots will replace the liveries.
- New hero voices and character voiceovers.
- Training for noobs will appear! Valve will take care of them too.

j
joxxy 05.08.21

First concept art

pix.PlayGround.ru pix.PlayGround.ru

pix.PlayGround.ru pix.PlayGround.ru

T
TWISTOS 05.08.21

Valve's approach to the creation of DotA 2 is quite unusual, because the creators intend to keep the traditional gameplay, that is, it will remain intact. "Our initial reaction was positive, as all the design elements were retained for a reason." As project manager Erik Johnson explained to us, "IceFrog is one of the smartest designers we've ever worked with. He came up with tons of good ideas during product development. He almost never makes pointless decisions that lack logic." ... In fact, this indicates that Dota 2 is the same Dota Allstars with the addition of new technologies.

There will of course be some changes for the players. Dota 2 uses the Valve Sourse engine, so the game will look a little prettier. Some updates have already been made in terms of "lighting" and character models. DotA 2 will integrate voice chat - a huge step in development, because now you will not need to configure your own Ventrilo Server. Voice speed is a critical component for a team-focused game like Dota.

AI bots will not be available to disabled players and will only be available in an unrated game for practice matches. However, do not think that from now on there will be no full-fledged single player game.

The visual style is slightly different, although it retains its "cartoonish" character, which was in WarCraft III in DotA Allstars. “I believe there are certain aspects of the game that are very important to the players,” Johnson said.

The landscape of the map, as well as the forest itself in all three lanes, where NPCs (characters not controlled by the player) pass, will use a not too saturated color scheme to give a special colorful effect to the heroes and their abilities.

The art team has done a lot of work in order to create such a model and animation that the player can instantly identify any character by eye and what he will have to face.

The game will have updated voice acting. Heroes will rejoice when they win battles. They will communicate and behave differently with characters they have met before. "

In fact, what follows is only that Valve is planning to implement its own achievement system, etc. Also, make excellent contact with the public.

H
Harbinger265 05.08.21

Joxer
Hospade, whom Strigvir was turned into. Although I agree that they are significantly different from their models in the original Dota.

T
TWISTOS 05.08.21

It seems to me that it will still be a rexar. Strugvar with nails =)

By the way, he looks like Reksar very much =)

H
Harbinger265 05.08.21

TWISTOS Signed
there: Bloodseeker.

T
TWISTOS 05.08.21

I saw what was written there. But it still doesn't look like it ... More like Rex.

H
Harbinger265 05.08.21

TWISTOS
Well, I like this one more. It is immediately obvious that it is a CREEPY bloody type, and not some kind of shaman. :)

C
Chile's bowels 05.08.21

The best art so far is morph, here 100%. The rest somehow look stupid. No seeker at all. I would not be surprised if under the Valve office there are already dissatisfied people running xDDDDDDD

H
Harbinger265 05.08.21

Well, Morph can't be spoiled at all, in my opinion. Water is also water in Kalimdor. :)

A
Alpha16 05.08.21

In theory, IceFrog was supposed to go to the Blizzards. It's strange that he preferred Valve. On the other hand, every Valve game is a hit! But Blizzard has the same! Wonderful IceFrog.

H
Harbinger265 05.08.21

Maybe he was paid more there?

A
Alpha16 05.08.21

It is quite possible ... But if I were in his place, I would go to the Blizzards. By the way, on some site about Warcraft 3 they posted a map of the new Dota 6.69. The comments read "IceFrog is a noob and can't make cards" How angry I was!

j
joxxy 05.08.21

The official site for the game Dota 2 is open - http://www.dota2.com/
If anyone is interested, a blog is posted on the site where you can see the answers to the most popular questions.

Blog in Russian - http://ru.dota2.com/

H
Harbinger265 05.08.21

Quite fresh infa .. The good news is that bots will be initially built into the game - you don't have to wait for separate cards with them.

A
Alpha16 05.08.21

http://dota2.pro/ Portal about DotA 2
http://pro-dota.com/ Site about DotA and DotA 2

R
RazorPinsk 05.08.21

I think that the only thing that they will do is draw textures better ... well, they will also do a thread)

H
Harbinger265 05.08.21

Of course, there must be a completely new engine. Or did you think that there will be everything on the engine of the third var? :)

a
arte365 05.08.21

Of course, it will be unusual with the new voice acting, I hope it will be no worse than the previous one, otherwise I will turn it off altogether ...

a
arte365 05.08.21

There is information that, exclusively for dota 2, icefrog, together with the valve team, will develop at least 10 new heroes. At least some information is available only for 2 of them

The first will be a person specializing in the magic of the land, as icefrog says - I can create interesting heroes, for example, we will give one of the new heroes the opportunity to change the landscape of the map, fill up an abyss, build a mountain or arrange an earthquake in a local area, when the earth will literally open up under your feet and you will need to vary so as not to fall, which is tantamount to of death"

The second hero will be a gnome engineer who can build something right on the battlefield, two of his abilities are known, create a cannon, an automatic cannon and build a tank. The peculiarity of the second is that it is not just an additional unit, but a vehicle for transportation, moreover, the tank must be controlled, it will be able to transport up to 5 creeps and 3 heroes, or transform into a fast single-seat aircraft