3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Koridor 06.08.21 11:16 pm

StarForce

I think this protection has ruined life for many. Licensors believe that this should help in the fight against piracy. Instead of turning on the igruhu, over enter this fucking CD-key. I feel this protection, they have increased the sales of pirates. Other methods are needed (not so gamoroy) gentlemen licensors. We vote !!!
54 Comments
Sort by:
R
Raipper 06.08.21

[quote name = "Segal"] I have never had any problems with Starforce. There was a problem with games in which the key is written directly on the disk - it is lazy to take out the disk one more time to enter the code :) [/ quote]

Yeah, single-disk ones strain :)

K
Kefka 06.08.21

For a long time it boiled in me. On points:
1 Starforce, as they said, creates a bunch of incompatibilities and glitches: problems after patches and add-ons, IDE burning with heavy use, Windows BSoDs due to 100% loading of the processor, crashes in games, file system slowdown. Not so long ago, many owners of DVD-RV writers were broken off due to the absolute unreadability of the Gothic2 game from Akella on DVD. I was one of them. I had to change the disk. I was wasting my time. Due to the poor quality of protection, it is mainly used on citizens of the CIS, tk. in the west, they can sue for glitches (and their percentage of piracy is less). Therefore, the destiny of Starforce is the CIS and third-part games such as SC3. The clarity of my opinion is demonstrated, for example, by Atari's choice of protection for Xenus for us and for the West.
2 The entire Starforce methodology is based on checking the physical density of the recording and any electronic signatures that make it possible to read and impossible to write from most drives (option - playstation subchannels). The first is already emulated when recording with advanced drives, the second is also a matter of time for the development of optical drives and recording programs. Also, no_sd are made stupidly, but due to the fact that the main brains of the pirates are in the west, then again the main bummer falls on the CIS games (i.e., again, the SF is made for us).
3 I have not yet met a single interesting uncracked game for me. German no_sd is perfect for Gothic, for the rest, too, there was something thread.

K
Koridor 06.08.21

StarFors may be needed, but for really good games. And they puff it on Mortar 2. It's not even funny. There would be something to defend :-D

Y
YuraDC 06.08.21

yeah, with Lock ON: Flaming Cliffs I'm tortured, neither knowSd nor Starfak can save ...

W
Wildduck 06.08.21

Lord ... I bought the game for 250 rubles and I'm happy, because of 100 rubles now you have to wait six months for pirates to hack it? It’s easier to buy it at a higher price, but right away, and I’ll just buy it out of respect for the developers. Pirates are people too, and many thanks to them for their work, because if not for them, ps1 would never have gained such momentum in Russia.

By the way, I live in the USA temporarily right now. Here, in general, people do not respect pirates, because they are not much cheaper, and the quality is not at all the same.

K
Koridor 06.08.21

[quote name = "YuraDC"] yeah, here with Lock ON: Flaming Cliffs I was tortured, neither knowSd nor Starfak saves ... [/ quote]
StarFors is most often put on Russian games. Like a defense against pirates

N
Na1l 06.08.21

[quote name = "Wildduck"] By the
way, I live in the USA temporarily right now. There generally Pirate people do not respect, because there are not much cheaper, but the quality is not what [/ quote].
So it makes sense not to respect - the price litsenzionki relative to the average wage in the US is lower than ours, and play out the native Americans language. And with us, "lohaziers" sometimes distort the game, translating it, that you have to drink valerian in horse doses. : evil: Official localizations either do not come out at all, or come out with a delay. : fight:

S
SuperFedya 06.08.21

And I'm for StarFors: twisted: It was clearly made by people from PC vs Console :-D

R
Richy 06.08.21

2 Segal & Raipper:

StarForce Keyless is our choice! ;-)

-
-Mag 06.08.21

Stra force is a lame defense system in big letters !!!!

I read calculations about this protection system .... about sometimes partial hardware incompatibility !!!!

[b] Do you want to love this otostchik, but the guys are earning their money in vain !!!!!! [/ b]

I just remember the "Pirates of the Caribbean" which went to hell with me ... and not only by the way they are! and the left version worked great! and so I threw this 1c version against the wall! and it was not a pity ... I still store the fragments! chito out of harm ... initially it was used by russobit and 1C, then also akella ... so people sometimes suffer!

D
Don reba 06.08.21

If they did not buy pirated products, then there would be no need for StarForse either. As in America. Moreover, the difference in price is usually negligible here and there.

-
-Mag 06.08.21

[quote name = "Richy"] 2 Segal & Raipper:

StarForce Keyless is our choice! ; -) [/ quote] the

type of game was installed - please restart the computer ???? and even sometimes not once, but two ??? no ... no luck of this ...

B
Br.Des 06.08.21

Is rebooting a computer such a complicated procedure?

-
-Mag 06.08.21

[quote name = "Br.Des"] And what, restarting your computer is such a complicated procedure? [/ quote]

I'm not against a license !!! there is an excellent translation, voice acting quality is usually good, not very often buggy and all that! but without starforce current! let hto-thread offer an alternative chtoli ...

S
Sinev 06.08.21

By the way, thanks to Starforce, I still can't play splinter cell chaos theory :(
And our productive russobit localizes and localizes everything: ass:

B
Bill kutaragi 06.08.21

[quote name = "Kefka"] I was seething for a long time. On points:
1 Starforce, as they said, creates a bunch of incompatibilities and glitches: problems after patches and add-ons, IDE burning with heavy use, Windows BSoDs due to 100% loading of the processor, crashes in games, file system slowdown. Not so long ago, many owners of DVD-RV writers were broken off due to the absolute unreadability of the Gothic2 game from Akella on DVD. I was one of them. I had to change the disk. I was wasting my time. Due to the poor quality of protection, it is mainly used on citizens of the CIS, tk. in the west, they can sue for glitches (and their percentage of piracy is less). Therefore, the destiny of Starforce is the CIS and third-part games such as SC3. The clarity of my opinion is demonstrated, for example, by Atari's choice of protection for Xenus for us and for the West.
2 The entire Starforce methodology is based on checking the physical recording density and any electronic signatures that make it possible to read and impossible to write from most drives (option - playstation subchannels). The first is already emulated when recording with advanced drives, the second is also a matter of time for the development of optical drives and recording programs. Also, no_sd are made stupidly, but due to the fact that the main brains of the pirates are in the west, then again, the main bummer falls on the CIS games (i.e., again, the SF is made for us).
3 I have not yet met a single interesting uncracked game for me. German no_sd is perfect for Gothic, for the rest, too, there was something thread. [/ Quote]

I fully agree with all of the above. I'd like to add that a license is a good thing, but at worst with SecuROM. I personally had 2 demiurges with starforce. There was an overflow of the paging file, leading to a reboot and ported sectors on the screw.
Products with Starforce are practically not produced in the West. What was released was test batches, which revealed to the publishers all the glitchiness of the protection. The imperfection of the legislation found allows the use of such protection, although, according to the law, modifications of the software code for personal non-commercial purposes are allowed, and the publishers have no right to prevent the rightful owners from doing so. But there has not yet been a single high-profile lawsuit in this regard to the same 1C or Russobit.
The song about multilevel and sophisticated protection is a publicity stunt. In practice, there has not yet been a single game that has not been fixed by a fixed executable from the same, albeit foreign version. I did not launch the protected version of Gothic2 from Akella at home - I immediately changed the exe to a normal one, even the protection in the system was not registered.
Pleases only one thing. Now I play on a chip box and I don't have any hemorrhoids with: twisted:

D
Darth reals 06.08.21

If it weren't for StarForce, there wouldn't be many games. "How hard" it is to "torment" a little with a reboot (:-D), but get a high-quality translation (or a normal English version).

Problems: yes, there are problems with patches, but most of them are not intended for pirates at all: wink :. I didn't have any "terrible" consequences after StarForce: evil :. Games because of him did not bug either: evil :. Well, everything is not like people have: evil: ...

PS: If we talk about glitchiness, compare disks with StarForce with Pirates: wink:

S
StrikerX 06.08.21

> PS: If we are talking about glitchiness, compare disks with StarForce with Pirates.
Differences are zero, if we talk about a normal rip with the same Starforce. But the pirate has a plus in that the starforce disappears with an imperceptible movement of the hand :)

Shl. In general, publishers have special codes for each batch of discs. When you enter these codes, Starforce is stupefied and checks the disk (image;)) only by primary signs, without a five-minute scan.

s
skyner 06.08.21

StarForce developers already have real paranoia that is about to develop into full-fledged schizophrenia ... Judging by the materials they have read, they are eager to provide protection at any cost - as a result, only end users are the loser. The further into the forest, the more firewood. And poor users rake off brushwood with whole bundles. The fact that the respected Segal and those who defend SUCH protection have passed this cup so far does not mean a guarantee against such outrages in the future ...
[quote] If it were not for StarForce, there would not be many games. [/ quote]
In other words, we should thank StarForce for the appearance of good games? :)
[quote]
"How hard" it is to "suffer" a little with reboot (), but get a high-quality translation (or a normal English version).
High-quality localization is not an attribute of any license and does not depend on the presence of StarForce: gigi:

J
JayDi 06.08.21

Hmm, this StarForce does not like any Alcohol and Demons - until they were completely removed from the computer, UFO: Retribution did not want to pass the test or did it with great reluctance (with a frequency of 1 out of 10), while hanging the PC for several minutes.