3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Raven 06.08.21 11:29 pm

Virtual Fighter vs Others ...

Not finding a topic on Virtual Fighter in the forum,
I decided to create my own, I think VF is the best fighting game in history if anyone wants to discuss it or compare it with other fighting games (Tekken, DoA, Etc ...) join
37 Comments
Sort by:
b
biblbrux 06.08.21

Damn ...
The PS2 [color = darkred] version [/ color] [color = red] looks [/ color] [color = orange] nearly as good [/ color] [color = green] as the arcade version [/ color ].
PS2 [color = darkred] version [/ color] [color = red] looks [/ color] [color = orange] almost as good [/ color], [color = green] as the arcade version [/ color].
What does SC, GT4 and other games have to do with it? Again, someone fancies a worldwide conspiracy against the beloved totem? I just said that VF4 looks better on Naomi2 than VF4 On zy2: mrgreen: Both versions are the same gameplay. The fact that the zy2 version of the vf looks _almost as good_ as the arcade version is a huge achievement of people who ported the game to a technically weaker Sonya, but "almost as good" and "identical" are two different things.

[color = green] [size = 75] Posted after 4 minutes: [/ size] [/ color]

[quote]

Play VF4 on Naomi and SC3 on PS2, tell me what's cooler later.
[/ quote]
VF4 is definitely cooler. This is my subjective opinion: wink:. I like VF a lot more than SC in general. And it's not about the graphics at all.

S
SuperFedya 06.08.21

The [quote]
version looks almost as good as the arcade version.
[/ quote]
Would you like to refresh your memory?
[i] only the graphics are 2-3 times better [/ i]
2-3 times this is not nearly as good, it is many times worse.

[quote]
What does SC, GT4 and other games have to do with it?
[/ quote]
Despite the fact that you are about the "incredibly gigantic, dozens of times" advantage of the doubled dream with more memory.

[Quote] a
huge achievement of people who ported the game to a technically weaker Sonya
[/ quote]
By what parameters is PS2 weaker?
Her percent makes 2 Dreams, GC makes 2 Dreams ...
Naomi only has more memory ...
This was a quote about VF4, VF4: E, the main flaw of the PS2 version, flickering and aliasing, was fixed.

C
CyHDyK 06.08.21

So I played in VF. I liked it more than the last mortal battalions and sul caliber. but the PS2 version of Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Dream's Street Fighter III: Third Strike are still a big bar for me.

b
biblbrux 06.08.21

[Quote]
Despite the fact that you are about the "incredibly gigantic, dozens of times" advantage of a doubled dream with more memory.

[/ quote]
a quote to the studio? Or is it just, little by little sound?

[quote]
By what parameters is PS2 weaker?
Its percent does 2 Dreams, GC makes 2 Dreams ...
Naomi only has more memory ...
It was a quote about VF4, VF4: E, the main flaw of the PS2 version, the flickering of the picture and aliasing, were fixed. [/

Quote ] What ps2 does Naomi ? Do you have comparison tests?

The NAOMI (New Arcade Operation Machine Idea) is also Japanese for beauty above all else.
CPU: 2 x Hitachi SH-4 32-bit RISC CPU (200 MHz 360 MIPS / 1.4 GFLOPS)
Graphic Engine: 2 x PowerVR 2 (PVR2DC-CLX2) GPU's - (under the fans)
Geometry Processor: Custom Videologic T + L chip "Elan" (100mhz) - (Under Heatsink)
Sound Engine: ARM7 Yamaha AICA 45 MHZ (with internal 32-bit RISC CPU, 64 channel ADPCM)
Main Memory: 32 MByte 100Mhz SDRAM
Graphic Memory: 32 MByte
Model Data Memory: 32MByte
Sound Memory: 8 MByte
Media: ROM Board / GD-Rom
Simultaneous Number of Colors: Approx. 16,770,000 (24bits)
Polygons: 10 Million polys / sec with 6 light sources
Rendering Speed: 2000 Mpixels / sec (unrealistic max, assumes overdraw of 10x which nothing uses)

Additional Features: Bump Mapping, Multiple Fog Modes, 8-bit Alpha Blending (256 levels of transparency), Mip Mapping (polygon-texture auto switch), Tri-Linear Filtering, Super Sampling for Full Scene Anti-Aliasing, Environment Mapping, and Specular Effect.
Compatibility: Fully backwards compatible with all Naomi and GD-Rom games.
Notice that Naomi 2 has four time the amount of main memory and graphics memory that Dreamcast has, and twice that of the naomi

PS2
CPU: 128-bit CPU
System Clock Frequency: 294.912 MHz
Cache Memory: Instruction: 16KB, Data: 8KB + 16 K (ScrP)
Main Memory: Direct Rambus (Direct RDRAM)
Memory Size: 32MB
Memory Bus Bandwidth: 3.2GB per second

Co-processor:
FPU (Floating Point Unit)
Floating Point Multiply Accumulator x 1
Floating Point Divider x 1

Vector Units:
VU0 and VU1
Floating Point Multiply Accumulator x 9
Floating Point Divider x 3

Floating Point Performance: 6.2 GFLOPS
3D CG Geometric Transformation: 66 million Polygons per Second
Compressed Image Decoder: MPEG2

GRAPHICS

Graphics Synthesizer â„¢

Clock Frequency: 147.456MHz
Embedded DRAM: 4MB
DRAM Bus Bandwidth: 48GB per second
DRAM Bus Width: 2,560 bits
Pixel Configuration: RGB: Alpha: Z Buffer (24: 8: 32)
Polygon Drawing Rate : 75 million Polygons per second
Screen Resolution: Variable from 256 x 224 to 1280 x 1024

SOUND: “SPU2 + CPU”

Number of Voices: ADPCM: 48 ch on SPU2 plus definable, software programmable voices

Sound Memory: 2MB
Output Frequency: Variable up to 48 KHz (DAT quality )

IOP: I / O Processor

CPU Core: PlayStation (current) CPU (R3000)

Clock Frequency: 33.8688MHz or 36.864MHz (selectable; PlayStation / PlayStation 2 mode)

IOP Memory: 2MB

Sub Bus: 32-bit

S
SuperFedya 06.08.21

[quote]
What is ps2 doing to Naomi? Do you have comparison tests?
[/ quote]
Do you have one?

Here's what:
2 x Hitachi SH-4 32-bit RISC CPU (200 MHz 360 MIPS / 1.4 GFLOPS)
vs
EE 128bit 6.2 GFLOPS
6.2 is more than 2.4, or not?

[quote]
2 x PowerVR 2
[/ quote]
PowerVR2:
Fillrate 100M Texels / Sec,
2 Pixel Pipelines

GS:
Fillrate 1.2G Texels / Sec
16 Pixel Pipelines

Memory bandwidth:
PS2 3.2Gb + 48gb video cache
Naomi 800mb

C
CyHDyK 06.08.21

here the topic is not about ps2 versus naomi but virtua fighter versus all ....

R
Raven 06.08.21

not nifiga everything is right, you need to decide where the VF is more beautiful (I'm sure a shit parameter - the ease of control is still on the machine (() IMHO I'm not sure, but still on PS2

3rd Calibur IMHO and 5th Tekken merge VF4Evo without a bazaar, I definitely
recommend them to everyone (and doa vf buries without a shovel mk fighting game for casuals and: lamer :)

d
darkknight 06.08.21

[quote name = "biblbrux"] Gameplay both versions are the same. [/ quote]

I would not say because on PS2 VF4: EVO I do not know A or B, but on arcades the last Final Tuned B.

And these fixes change just the gameplay, the balance games.

[Quote] 3rd Calibur IMHO and 5th Tekken merge VF4Evo without a bazaar unambiguously [/ quote]

Nonsense, each of the fight has its own niche. H
Let's start with the fact that VF brutally technically difficult, and I do not think that in Russia there is at least a couple of players of good technical level. Mind game in WF begins only after overcoming this technique. barrier. Before that, he is quite noticeable.

T5: IMHO turd, but pop turd. It has mindgame, IMHO is very noticeable, and the further you go, the less brain is required. But it looks beautiful at a high level of play, which is why it attracts so many people.

SK3: One of his problems is that he came out after SK2, which was a masterpiece. Therefore, there were very high expectations. What we have in it, a very strong mindgame, most of the elements are quite simple from a technical point of view, but there are also complex ones. At the same time, it is the knowledge of the system and the strokes that has more weight than the technical performance. Unfortunately, at high levels of the game, CK3 is less entertaining than T5.

R
Raven 06.08.21

yes, it's a pity the latest version has settled on automatic machines (and so far there is no hope for a port: sad :)

O
OGGIS 06.08.21

[Quote]
yes, it's a pity the latest version settled on automatic machines
[/ quote] I don't understand at all, who needs games on machines? It was interesting 10-20 years ago, but obviously not now.
P.S. and because of these automata good games do not reach us

R
Raven 06.08.21

I would play slot machines and ps2

O
OGGIS 06.08.21

[quote]
[/ quote] Well, I don’t know why play slot machines if at home you can play comfortably and comfortably on PS2. The last time I played on the machines was in the summer of 2003 in some old rally from Sega. Did not impress :?

D
DrGonzo 06.08.21

I guess it's wrong that the list includes 2D fighting games. A completely different genre IMHO. On my personal chart, VF4E and 2D imperishable Garou: MotW are successfully keeping practically in the same place

R
Raven 06.08.21

I already wrote that there are only pro-fighting games, those in which competitions are held ...
Mlyn, I finally went through a career in VF Evo for jacks on difficulty, a beginner (and then steamed for 3 weeks) I recommend everyone to everyone, the game is super + good AI

d
darkknight 06.08.21

[quote name = "OGGIS"] [quote] it's a
pity the latest version has settled on automatic machines
[/ quote] I don't understand at all, who needs games on machines? It was interesting 10-20 years ago, but obviously not now.
P.S. and because of these avtomvtov good games do not reach us [/ quote]

It's just that we, unfortunately, do not have arcade machines, and even if there are ancient ones. And in the same Japan and the USA there are whole arcade halls.

Most of the championships are held on the same machines.
1) Automatic machines are beneficial in developed countries. Although the boom of arcades seems to have subsided in the USA.
2) The developers are unlikely to sell the same game, but with gameplay changes several times to a large number of people. Buy only fans and players.

They do not reach due to the fact that they do not buy slot machines from us :(.
All slot machines (not all blackjacks, etc.). Mostly old. For example, I found Virtua On and DOA1.

VF5 is already on the arcades, and it is announced on PS3. So maybe they will more or less test it on the Arcade and release it already more balanced and without glitches.

In general, it is much more convenient to play VF4 on an arcade stick :)

[quote name = "OGGIS"] [quote]
[/ quote] Well, I don’t know why play slot machines if you can play at home cozy and comfortable on PS2. The last time I played on the machines was in the summer of 2003 in some old rally from Sega. Not impressed:? [/ Quote]

The arcade is ideal for competitions in the sense that the problem of who is dragging what immediately disappears, there is practically no problem with the premises, since such events are partly beneficial to the owners of the clubs. The arcade lets you play with people you don't know. It is not always possible to invite a bunch of people home.
Sorry, but playing with a couple of people at home, or a single, will not allow you to reach a high level, you need to play with as many real people as possible.
Yes, you can get around this by participating in champa and going to visit other players for trainings, but sometimes they can also accept a limited number of people.

In the same Japan, arcade salons are common, and people after school on their way home can drop in and play with someone.
Those. no need to go anywhere on purpose, but you can drop by the road and play with someone. At the same time, Arcade is very stimulating to improve, the better you play, the less you lose => the less money you spend.

M
Makc 06.08.21

Such a question, although off-topic, but I just don't want to miss anything interesting on PS2.
From all of the above on PS2 -

- Tekken 4,5
- Soul Calibur 1,2,3
- VF 2,3,4

DoA - on PS2 - never came out, as far as I understand.
After part 4, I did not hear or see anything about MK.
Street Fighter for me only associates with 16 bit consoles

About the rest of the games, either I found out for the first time, or, out of my ears!

So, if someone is not broke - write down and correct my post (especially regarding parts of games released on PS2). I didn't want to miss a single noteworthy project: D

K
Koridor 06.08.21

[quote name = "Makc"] Such a question, albeit off-topic, but I just don't want to miss anything interesting on PS2.
From all of the above on PS2 -

- Tekken 4,5
- Soul Calibur 1,2,3
- VF 2,3,4

DoA - on PS2 - never came out, as far as I understand.
After part 4, I did not hear or see anything about MK.
Street Fighter for me only associates with 16 bit consoles.

About the rest of the games, either I found out for the first time, or I heard it out of the way!

So, if someone is not broke - write down and correct my post (especially regarding parts of games released on PS2). I didn't want to miss a single noteworthy project: D [/ quote]
DoA2: Hardcore, I think it's called, is on PS2, and then Tecmo started releasing everything only for xbox