3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MiamiBassMachine 19.08.21 11:35 pm

Have you ever been intimidated by ordinary games?

Have you ever been intimidated by ordinary games? Not some things, like a polar bear in the Hitman, but the games themselves. That you were scared to play them. For example, many are intimidated by Half Life 2, some by Garris Mod. Dear Esther scares me. I think everyone has their own "scary game".
21 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sweety_Mustard 19.08.21

football somehow scared (normal). When a ball flew past my ear, sent by a pro football player. Football is a very scary game.

k
kurskiy 19.08.21

No, even horror movies make you flinch from a maximum of surprise.

K
Katanar 19.08.21

There was a case, but a long time ago, when I was playing with headphones in Doom 3, suddenly the monsters attacked so much that it was not childish! The resident lived 2-3, the atmosphere was gloomy and frightening. Right now, I don't dive like that to be scared of something)

W
Waffen 19.08.21

The scariest game I've ever played in my life was Bloodline Bloodline. It was fucking awesome. It was scary to the point of gray hair.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.08.21

I was frightened by all sorts of games of the series of ancient scrolls and specifically the zombies of the corps. The first time I remember I laid down the bricks when I went down into the sewer and the building attacked me and thought that I had fixed something bad. and in some locations it was dumb to rummage around. I made my way, as it is, in a pestilent storm and went out to the ghostly limit tama all the buzzing someone trumpets the tune, I thought that a stone of souls would fall out of me schA and then there is just a collision. or there is a rocky rider to creep up ....
in Oblivion I was as dumb and unpleasant as that. and then how that hero of the kvatch overtook the body from which he stared at the ceilings because the brain got stuck from fright with a mouse and shot the batteries.
in gothic as that zomboka breathe and he yyy-ay-ay-ay. after that, the sound on the speakers will decrease. and finally it was scary to make your way there because you could drive off unexpectedly and if you hear a chpok it means someone has burned, pulled out a weapon and now there will be pain.
in arks fatalis and dark messiah migst and majik were terrible spiders. in Arex Fatalis, they were just unpleasant, and in a dark messiah like that, I was really dumb, from which mine developed a type of post traumatic Syrian on real harmless spiders and I realized that it was necessary to increase mental stability.
and these games didn't even try to scare you. so I think everything is curled strongly from the stats and skill of the player himself.

r
requiemmm 19.08.21

In mods for Stalker, there are usually a lot of screamers, in the same place, if the change of day and night, then the day lasts an hour, if there is fog, then the visibility is five meters, if the quest is to the laboratory, then there is not a single lantern, if the background music, then it muffles all sounds, if a flashlight, then the batteries in it for five minutes, in general, all the joys of Russian hand-crafted modding. And here you are sneaking in almost complete darkness, only the outlines of houses are visible, the lantern does not shine, the music howls in every way and then a pseudo-dog or burer jumps out at you from around the corner, with their textures "return my 2002" ... BUUUUUU !

S
Space Ðœarine 19.08.21

Subnautica.
The game is super cool, but I have thalassophobia, so I never finished the game.
And if in life I can overcome this phobia, swimming somewhere in the middle of the Volga, at a depth. In the game, I still felt strong discomfort and panic.

D
Darkslayer 19.08.21

The second part of Prince of Persia from Yubisoft! The game turns into a horror when Dahak is chasing you! And it's even scary if a bug occurs and he goes through the water! (I saw a video on YouTube where one person used the trainer and he had a bug, F in the chat .)

R
RestlessDreams91 28.08.21

Hmm .. so that they are not scared, I guess. But after playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for a long time, I got a kind of arachnophobia. I just dislike spiders, and there they were hefty (well, and the giant spider Arantir). And at home I can't stand them.

P
Protocol10 28.08.21

Goblin in The Witcher 3 scared. It was somehow creepy.

A
Anderby 28.10.21

In Portal, when I first played I saw not a puzzle, but a horror. Who knows how the game will end? Everything points to insane AI, but what did it do with the staff, and maybe with all of humanity? The cube is still this, the most human character in the game. Peeping behind the curtains only gave fantasies even more to roam (plus this magic of the Source engine - extremely realistic graphics in the absence of any sense of life). Portal still gives me the perfect feeling of loneliness. It is a pity that the game itself did not seem to have guessed about this aspect and did not develop it. Although it would be silly, this is the essence of literate horror - to show a corpse covered with cloth, and not the corpse itself.

This concept was partially implemented in SOMA, but everything was said in plain text and the atmosphere is completely different because of this.

f
flametres 28.10.21

hmmm, '' the saw ''

b
butcher69 28.10.21

Amnesia once upon a time

N
No_time_for_gaming 28.10.21

silent hill 4 the room and alien isolation first come to mind

k
ksasha97 28.10.21

Skyrim: The moment the Night Mother first spoke, laid bricks, and the voice of the Morokei priest in the Labyrinthian. PS I played and play in the original voice acting, as it turned out, their voices there are much more creepy

s
sky game 07.02.22

For a long time, far cry 1 scared with his monsters.

S
Sanya Tsukino Usagi 07.02.22

Cried when the ghost of Marka Ragnos appeared at the Jedi Academy

d
dasten46 20.02.22

hah maybe it will be strange, but before it was dumb to play minecraft. A boundless world... silence... zombies, skeletons, creepers... and most importantly, caves, the sounds in them scared me the most. Even now, it is sometimes uncomfortable to survive alone.

I
IvanWork22 25.02.22

Well, from the games "that scared me just by playing them" I can include People Playground and Minecraft, although option 2 is most likely suitable. Sometimes it’s scary to play alone because of various factors, for example, you can be sharply scared by a creeper, which is almost inaudible, or an unexpected rattle in the People Playground, which is creepy, but then you get used to it and it doesn’t become scary. I also remember the moments when people heard a terrible sound in minecraft (when you dig ores in caves), and because of this they abandoned the game.

n
night channel 17.04.22

I'm going through the Quake remaster now, in some places the voices are very scary. In Team Fortress 2, such voices never scared