3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RedSun1233 19.08.21 11:35 pm

Adaptive Sync in Monica settings - what is it?

I found Adaptive Sync in the settings of the Monica, I didn't find anything on googling (I found only information about Adaptive V-Sync, but it's kind of a software setting, and I have Adaptive Sync in the Monica settings). And is it worth using this technology (Adaptive Sync) with G-Sync and 240Hz. At first I thought it was something like V-Sync, but since FPS is not limited to the maximum value (240), it became unclear what this setting gives. HP OMEN X25 Monica f.
17 Comments
Sort by:
b
bloomm 19.08.21

Well, the name speaks for itself, this is adaptive synchronization, the monitor frequency adapts to the frame rate, something like that in short.

R
RedSun1233 19.08.21

bloomm
Got it, thanks.

R
RedSun1233 19.08.21

bloomm
Listen, I wanted to ask one more question, set the fastest level of response on the monica, now when I move the camera in games, the textures seem to become brighter while the camera is moving, when the camera stops, then the brightness of the textures decreases, well, it is even difficult to call it brightness, as if textures become sharper, and then blur back, in general the textures are modified, this is not the case with a slower response. I don’t understand, is this the way it should be, or is it something with a monik / vidyuhoy / cable?

b
bloomm 19.08.21

RedSun1233
Well, discuss it with the owners of such monitors, most likely it depends on the matrix.

I
IngwardIn 19.08.21

RedSun1233
Perhaps this can be explained by the fact that to reduce the response time, vrb technology or the like is used, which enhances the PWM effect. Maybe this defect does not directly relate to PWM, but the fact that there are side sides when using such technologies can be taken for granted.

_
_POINTMAN_ 19.08.21

RedSun1233
These are the so-called matrix artifacts due to the acceleration of the response. Many monitors have blurry textures in this mode, especially around the edges of the models.

S
Space Ðœarine 19.08.21

RedSun1233
This is called the "ghosting effect", arises from the fact that the matrix of your monitor is not fast enough to work normally with the specified response time. Slow down the response rate until this effect diminishes or disappears altogether.
You can check the presence of this effect on the website https://www.testufo.com/ghosting, so as not to look at it in games.

ps Adaptive sync removes gaps in the image, but it works only when the fps is not more than the hertz of the monitor and not less than a certain number (specify the second in the characteristics of the monica). Therefore, if you want it to work constantly, limit the FPS to 1-2 below the hertz of your monitor.

B
Black future 19.08.21

Space Marine
Is it normal that on a 144Hz monitor 60fps feels like 30fps on a 60Hz monitor?

k
kurskiy 19.08.21

Black Future
Even if you turn off the vertical on a 60Hz monitor and play a game with stable 120 fps, and then switch to a game with a vertical and 60fps, everything will seem very slow.
At the very moment, 144Hz, somehow 60fps (when I record a video, Bandicam cuts at any settings) is tolerable, but not enough :)

M
Makroless 24.11.21

Here they are discussing 140-240Hz and I don't even have games that work or would work with such a frequency. Mde

L
Lex-one 24.11.21

Makroless
Usually above 60 hertz is used for esports dissepins such as sies go and rainbow.
I think you will have 140+ fps there.

G
Globus1710 11.05.22

kurskiy
everything is right in the online game, he also felt it all

G
Globus1710 11.05.22

RedSun1233
I bought a monitor not so long ago, I also haven’t tested everything yet, but what I read from you immediately understood I have a 1 in 1 situation, this apparently depends on achieving a minimum response and an IPS matrix, when you turn on the usual one, everything is fine right away (and there is essentially no difference I can see that I’ll go to pvp, maybe it decides there, although I don’t think that there will be a direct gap)! Another question, maybe someone understands! 1 of them the load is less? who knows write thanks!! It's not entirely clear why this is done in monitors if each game has it in the settings =) there must be some sense in this! Generally interesting

G
Globus1710 11.05.22

Lex-one
is true in sports, this is very important, but in singles with bots and 60 hertz-fps with your head

L
Loken 11.05.22

Globus1710 V
-sync in games is a hell of a thing. A huge control input delay is added, and if your fps is kept below the maximum hertz of the monitor, then the dividers already start working there, that is, the vertical line will cut the fps to 45-30 on a conditional monitor of 60 hertz at 40-50 fps. In short, only suitable for very leisurely games.

And what is in monitors, freesync / gsink (all this is adaptive sync), it directly adjusts the hertz of the monitor itself, adjusting it to the current fps. There is almost no delay in control, but at the same time it removes image gaps. But it only works in a certain fps range. For example, extended free sync (aka premium) on 144 hertz monitors only works in the range of 48-144 fps, if the fps is lower or higher than these values, free sync is turned off.

If it is possible to enable adaptive sync in the monitor, turn it on only. Vertical is an outdated technology for those who do not have a monitor with adaptive sync.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.05.22

a couple of unnecessary probably. I have it in my monitor. I turned it off and turned it on in games. why do it twice. some kind of desynchronization will still be or screens with stripes. you can still lock the fps and if the video is recorded, then 30fps with the software in the sung is listed.

in the sung in the monitor, it will probably be useful if you watch videos without fullscreen and play games, because in this case the software will not support it if the new Windows does not provide a sung for the desktop.

N
Nox_7 20.01.23

Loken
I see you are a knowledgeable person, tell me, if there is an adaptive sync on the monitor and it is turned on, is it necessary to turn on g sync in the Invidia settings?