3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hodame 20.08.21 12:14 am

Eats a lot of RAM.

In general, I noticed that the computer began to consume a lot of RAM relative to what it was a year ago + -.

40 percent of this comes out about 3.3 GB (only 8 GB), 500 of them are programs, and that's where the rest of 2.8 GB actually go? And this is without a browser, except that the discord is turned on. About a year ago, the situation was generally different, about 25-30 percent was used and it happened even with an open browser. This actually affects the speed of the PC quite strongly.
Windu updated a week ago, the situation has not changed.
So, can this be a problem at all, or is it just that Windows began to eat significantly more? I want to understand whether it is worth worrying or to score.
4 Comments
Sort by:
X
X_ray_83 20.08.21

hodame
See what process is eating!

M
MunchkiN 616 20.08.21

open the extended varant of the dispatcher back and a resource monitor of some sort and see what process how much it eats. some of the processes can still be in the paging file.

l
legusor 20.08.21

welcome to the windows resource monitor (resmon.exe), process explorer, prosess monitor, process lasso and the like. it is quite possible that there is no leak at all, and Windows 10 can safely bite off even in a simple giga four to fit its needs. and the easiest way will be to look in the task manager, the "details" tab and sort the display by memory consumption.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 08.09.21

It can be a little too much without a browser.