3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
katafa1k 20.08.21 12:14 am

I replaced the thermal paste and the vidyakha stopped working adequately

In general, the situation is as follows. I bought a GTX 780, it was kind of warming up like hell, in the loft 95, in games 85. I disassembled it, changed the thermal paste, assembled it and everything seemed to work. But then she began to pass out. Well, the monitor was cut down, the sound was buggy, such a trrrrrr type, and that's it, only a reboot saved. Then she was cut down more and more often. And now the computer does not cut it at all. What can happen to her, who knows?
12 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 20.08.21

katafa1k
katafa1k wrote:
... disassembled, changed thermal paste, assembled and everything seemed to work. But then it began to be cut down ...
At this time it was necessary to take temperature measurements, what was done?
... What could be wrong with her ...?
Anything, up to degradation or "dumping" of the chip - especially if you bought it from your hands. It may also be that the thermal paste got bad, or was applied incorrectly.

K
KENIG_39 20.08.21

there are serious blackening around the chips? artifacts appear before shutdown? how quickly does it reach a critical temperature? is it chopped off only in demanding graphics applications or when watching movies too ??

k
katafa1k 20.08.21

All the rules were near the chips, there were no artifacts. Was cut down at any moment. And now the computer does not start at all

K
KENIG_39 20.08.21

katafa1k
he must start without vidyahi

K
KENIG_39 20.08.21

maybe it's not about it, you need to check the power supply unit, percent, the motherboard chip, plug it in, the speaker to the motherboard (if there is one) it comes with the motherboard (emits signals in case of errors) by this signal and you will find out, although ... As I understand you, even the BIOS does not come out, is there a backlight on the motherboard? Does it light up when you turn on the power?

N
Nervios 20.08.21

katafa1k
If you bought at the store and the check remained, you could safely hand over it under the guarantee! And now no one will accept a video card! And if I bought it from my hands, then it was already originally * kosyachnaya *. KENIG_39 writes on the case, you need to check everything.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.08.21

the card was not so warm. Perhaps in the process of disassembly, the thermal conductivity on other elements such as memory and power supply deteriorated, or maybe the card just has a chip blade already (most likely, after replacing the paste, the temperature became lower, but the amplitude of the temperature jump curves is higher). a lot of things with her, maybe it’s I think it’s necessary to check it in another PeKa or PeKa with another card and (or) drag the whole thing to the repairman.

I
IngwardIn 20.08.21

SonyK_2 wrote:
if bought from hands.
then it may well be warmed up, any intervention could serve as a reset of the "buff" from warming up.

M
Marsj 20.08.21

Nervios
Video card from 2013, hardly new.

k
katafa1k 20.08.21

Now, when you turn it on, this appears and does not disappear. She used to appear for a second and everything turned on

l
legusor 20.08.21

burned vidyahu. it happens.

M
Marsj 20.08.21

katafa1k
Install the operating system.