3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MiamiBassMachine 28.08.21 12:15 am

What series would you make a game from?

Would you have the opportunity, which series would you make a game from? Let's say you got a lot of money and you were able to create a studio and bought the rights to some episode. Which one?
10 Comments
Sort by:
E
Erontlop 28.08.21

MiamiBassMachine
prototype 3, Middle-earth: Shadow of War 2, star wars the force unleashed 3
from memory so far.

k
kurskiy 28.08.21

I would rather turn into a series. Would make a sequel to The Fall: Last Days of Gaia, Silent Storm or Passcode: PARADISE.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.08.21

I somehow did not have such thoughts when I was a schoolboy, and when I thought about being a schoolboy, I came to the conclusion that it would not be interesting for me to play such a game. And the point of getting a new game in the series is that I didn't seem to play it, and so I would quickly burn out even at the development stages.
therefore my path is independent games and game universes. another thing is that these universes had universes inspirers and at first it was a brazen copy of those games in which I was playing.
separately, I played games and fed them a chopper of mouse learning mechanics, textures, design, world order and physics of the world in a vinaigrette, then I thought how to improve this business.
so I first had a game universe and a game concept. and only then I thought about what if I touched the continuation of Gothic 2 for example? Nuuu probably she would look like the Witcher 3. The Witcher 3 has not come out yet, but she would look like him. that is, there you could put on a horse and run with it and put on a boat and swim. there would be a hefty map to run on a horse and a swollen role-playing mechanic. but as if to come to such a game, I would have to make my own raise the dough, buy out the rights to the gothic and cut down my gothic tyri. but what's the point if the gameplay is the exact same game that I fixed up (on 20 CD disks and loading through the drive, I found my pictures and screamed) only there it will be written that this is gothic and there will be its scenery?
Therefore, I would not want to close up the series of games - the inspiration for the games. but only if for fun it can, but it is worth remembering about burnout in this case.
other games that I met a little later, and they are not at the core of my understanding of games. Here, for example, sword and magic 9 where I did not like the niga except for the interface and the music there is cool and neverwinter knights where I was thinking how it would be possible to improve this game conceptually. maybe the effect of mass in which was repelled mainly from the plot and from the description of the work of technologies and bringing them to the gameplay.
there are games like games of directions, for example, stalker and gta - but there I don't understand why I should acquire the rights to them when it is possible to fix the Soviet post-apocalypse and crime in America, especially since gta has gameplay imitators games and the stalker has stylistic imitators.
And finally, trademarks that could be bought for a hyipchik - this is perhaps the revenge of Boxer 2 here. Peck-Peck is the first good game. if she gives the open world freedom of action and the plot will be slipendogs but slipendogs is a bad game it needs to be improved.
so maybe if I had an obscene amount of money, I would have killed a piranha byte from all my own intellectual studio, which does King Arthur 1-2 and does a couple of things there, maybe I would buy the biovar, then I would have a series of sword and magic from ubosot, but most likely for a few games. the kind of thing that owns the rights to diskpless. Diablo would like to but don't know how to develop it. ahh! I forgot the most important thing, and then the drum roll and the unigine probably also the lumen engine with all the development studios and it would not be so rich in this field. and looking for some studios and series in the process, including epic ones, and would sit and lower ideas on top - more towers need to be done. and a rartu just like that, where there is A4 paper, so on the parquet with a blue marker, they washed it down for me and took turns 3-4 times a year so that all these guys started playing the game. biovars with some gems to me diskpless action RPG washed down - now let's cut the gothic 5. so it would be about everything.

b
barabear 28.08.21

Would make a non-clown fallout with a more or less serious storyline without father and son, with a realistic post-apocry atmosphere

r
requiemmm 28.08.21

I would have cut the original. An alien universe limits creativity, an alien universe is full of fans, many of whom with inquiries, all sorts of blissful ones from ABVGDEZHZ + flock to the untwisted universes and extort money ... do I need it?
And so I would like to make a game about the Conjugation of the Spheres, or, if you like, about the folding Fan of Worlds, but without reference to Slavic folklore and without the stupid Japanese standard for novels about the exclusively peaceful integration of aliens into human society. A first-person shooter, with dialogues, quests, a role-playing system, moral choices, large maps, a bunch of endings and high-quality animation, while not rolling down the gameplay into Doom and with the ability to resolve many situations without shooting, because not every entrant is predatory and this brainless. To cover in general all known mythology, from brownie to Quetzalcoatl. I need a LOT of money, right? :)))

H
Holly jolly 28.08.21

Dishonored prequel, in earlier times it could be something like the late Middle Ages, about the cult of the Alien, about the appearance of the Abbey of the Commoners, about the "witch hunt" (burning on the pillars and that's all) and the massacre on White Cliff

N
No_time_for_gaming 28.08.21

Total War: World War
WWII setting

P
Protocol10 28.08.21

Halva three, a prequel to the first mafia, the gift of the messia 2, a new strategy in the "Dune" universe, a new part of saffering, a new part of a splinter sell.

A
Anderby 31.08.21

Final Fantasy. I think the settings I come up with best of all, and in the center of each numbered part there is always a new interesting setting.

D
DEAD SnAke 31.08.21

Before the re-announcement of STALKER 2, I had a dream to work on it. How much I thought about the project, how many (IMHO, of course) good ideas were born in the process ... Only the beginning is worth it.
SpoilerDark screen. Suddenly, the hero's eyes open after being pushed in the shoulder by a neighbor sitting next to him. The image is blurry at first, but gradually bounces back. The hero has his arms crossed, his head was lowered during sleep and he, after waking up, looks at his legs. An AK-74 stands between them, on his feet are military trousers and ankle boots of the statutory standard of the Ukrainian army. Looks around - he is riding a bus on a country road that is full of other soldiers. Outside the window, you can see typical Slavic landscapes - fields, a forest in the distance, etc. The soldiers are joking, chatting, in general, relaxed. Sitting in front is a warrant officer / lieutenant, in general, someone higher in rank, but he has already given up trying to calm the soldiers down. One of them takes out a guitar and says: "An acquaintance who has been to the Zone has taught me one song. Now I will play ..." - and begins to play and sing. A song about "Mother Zone", similar in spirit to Dirge for the planet. At first, when only chords are played, the soldiers are still noisy, but gradually everyone calms down and begins to listen. Towards the end of the song, the bus pulls up in a monumental building - a tall concrete wall extending far to the left and right and a military base, which is based on a place that is the entrance to the Zone for military stalkers / scientists through this wall. The soldier playing the guitar says "Oh, just arrived" and puts the guitar away, but everyone does not hear him, as those present suddenly realized where they were. Prapor says, "Well, it finally dawned on you that this is not giggle-hakhanki, edrit-pounding!" The bus stops, the soldiers unload, the ensign yells "Line up!", The soldiers begin to line up ... similar in spirit to Dirge for the planet. At first, when only chords are played, the soldiers are still making noise, but gradually everyone becomes quiet and begins to listen. Towards the end of the song, the bus pulls up in a monumental building - a tall concrete wall extending far to the left and right and a military base, which is based on a place that is the entrance to the Zone for military stalkers / scientists through this wall. The soldier playing the guitar says "Oh, just arrived" and puts the guitar away, but everyone does not hear him, as those present suddenly realized where they were. Prapor says "Well, it finally dawned on you that this is not giggle-hakhanki, edrit-pounding!" The bus stops, the soldiers unload, the ensign yells "Line up!", The soldiers begin to line up ... similar in spirit to Dirge for the planet. At first, when only chords are played, the soldiers are still noisy, but gradually everyone calms down and begins to listen. Towards the end of the song, the bus pulls up in a monumental building - a tall concrete wall extending far to the left and right and a military base, which is based on a place that is the entrance to the Zone for military stalkers / scientists through this wall. The soldier playing the guitar says “Oh, just arrived” and puts the guitar away, but everyone does not hear him, as those present suddenly realized where they were. Prapor says "Well, it finally dawned on you that this is not giggle-hakhanki, edrit-pounding!" The bus stops, the soldiers unload, the ensign yells "Line up!", The soldiers begin to line up ... but gradually everyone becomes quiet and begins to listen. Towards the end of the song, the bus pulls up in a monumental building - a tall concrete wall extending far to the left and right and a military base, which is based on a place that is the entrance to the Zone for military stalkers / scientists through this wall. The soldier playing the guitar says “Oh, just arrived” and puts the guitar away, but everyone does not hear him, as those present suddenly realized where they were. Prapor says, "Well, it finally dawned on you that this is not giggle-hakhanki, edrit-pounding!" The bus stops, the soldiers unload, the ensign yells "Line up!", The soldiers begin to line up ... but gradually everyone becomes quiet and begins to listen. Towards the end of the song, the bus pulls up in a monumental building - a tall concrete wall extending far to the left and right and a military base, which is based on a place that is the entrance to the Zone for military stalkers / scientists through this wall. The soldier playing the guitar says "Oh, just arrived" and puts the guitar away, but everyone does not hear him, as those present suddenly realized where they were. Prapor says, "Well, it finally dawned on you that this is not giggle-hakhanki, edrit-pounding!" The bus stops, the soldiers unload, the ensign yells "Line up!", The soldiers begin to line up ... which is based on a place that is the entrance to the Zone for military stalkers / scientists through this wall. The soldier playing the guitar says "Oh, just arrived" and puts the guitar away, but everyone does not hear him, as those present suddenly realized where they were. Prapor says, "Well, it finally dawned on you that this is not giggle-hakhanki, edrit-pounding!" The bus stops, the soldiers unload, the ensign yells "Line up!", The soldiers begin to line up ... which is based on a place that is the entrance to the Zone for military stalkers / scientists through this wall. The soldier playing the guitar says “Oh, just arrived” and puts the guitar away, but everyone does not hear him, as those present suddenly realized where they were. Prapor says "Well, it finally dawned on you that this is not giggle-hakhanki, edrit-pounding!" The bus stops, the soldiers unload, the ensign yells "Line up!", The soldiers begin to line up ...
... and then the siren starts to howl. The soldiers, who were already at the base, abruptly begin to run towards the wall to the fortifications, you can see how tense they are, you can hear "Really again ?! Only recently fought back!" The captain runs up to the ensign and tells the newcomers to move out immediately and help fight off the oncoming wave of mutants. The main character, together with his friend ala a neighbor on the bus, run in formation through an entrance with several rows of thick doors and find themselves in the territory of the zone where trenches have been dug, DShK heavy machine guns are installed, sandbags and other protective structures are stacked. The hero is located behind such a shelter. An enormous number of moving objects can be seen in the distance. The closer they get, the more terrifying the soldiers are from what they see - blind dogs, flesh, wild boars. A little behind, humanoid creatures with tentacles on their faces are running, and in front of them people in gas masks are running on all fours. Even further, slower, but still running - which seems impossible - huge shapeless carcasses with muscular legs, from each step of which the earth trembles.
"With so many, maybe they'll finally be able to make the Breakthrough ..." says one of the soldiers. "Don't croak!" - the other answers him irritably. The captain comes out a little forward and yells, twitching the shutter of the Kalash: "We are waiting until they reach the minefield, then - fire from everything that is. Not a step back, behind us is the Great Land!".
The wave of mutants is getting closer. The soldiers sweat, their hands tremble, some swallow, but in vain. Silence ensues, which is only broken by the sound of countless feet / paws. And then the first mine explosion is heard. The second, third and fourth occur almost simultaneously.
"OGOOOOOOOOOOOOON!" - shouts the captain - and everyone starts shooting.
The mutants fall dead, the back rows jump over the corpses of the front ones, but they still run in spite of heavy fire from hundreds of barrels of different calibers. It seems unrealistic, but the wall of mutants is getting closer and closer. So they passed the minefield. Here they reached the first fortifications. The first soldier died with chilling cries. The first machine gun fell silent. Someone shouts, "Mom, I don't want to die!" - and tries to run away, but a snork jumps on his back. "We need support from neighboring NATO units!" - yells the ensign, but the captain answers him - "You can't wait for this from them, here it's every man for himself!" The captain strains, but still orders - "We retreat behind the wall!". We run next to the panicking soldiers and seem to be already safe ... but here the pseudo-giants reach the passage. The huge gates did not have time to close completely and several giant bodies crashed into them at once - and broke through. Through this gap, literally a sea of ​​creatures of different sizes and briskness begins to pour. We shoot back, but it's all in vain. Complete chaos and hell are going on around - one is being torn apart by blind dogs, the other is being "sucked" by a bloodsucker. The captain tries to regroup the soldiers by shouting - but here he is literally crushed by the watchtower, which falls from the fact that its base is simply "worn away" by the endless sweat of hard and strong inhuman bodies. Our friend pushes us away - and a fracture that has come from nowhere cuts him with his pincer. His upper body falls in front of us with a frozen grimace of horror and pain on his face. We somehow kill the break, but a bloodsucker comes out of nowhere to replace it. Not a trace of the gate remained the hole in the wall gets bigger and bigger. We have a scripted machine gun, but through that very hole we see the sky darkening and at the same time being colored with a red glow somewhere far in the center of the zone. There is a growing rumble, the earth begins to tremble violently. The hero feels how a huge invisible wave of dirty energy is moving towards him from there, upon contact with which all living things await death, and not living things - destruction. The bloodsucker seems to be playing with the main character and slowly comes up, moving his tentacles on his face and making vile sounds of champing. The main character is sitting on the ground trying to crawl back. Mutants rush around, who do not pay attention to the soldiers around, and go behind our backs, one of the pseudo-giants runs so fiercely that he turns the UAZ in sight and thus crushes the unlucky mutant who was next to him.
Otherwise, I would work on Half Life 3, Portal 3 or Left 4 Dead 3 (especially for VR!), On the new Mass Effect, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (not this poor restart of 2019, but that tube Hollywood cranberry from 2007-2009), Metal Gear Rising 2 (for him, too, a whole folder with concepts, descriptions of boss enemies and the plot has been gathered). But with a special passion, "for food" (s), so to speak, without sleep and rest, I would have worked on VRMMORPG on Sword Art Online. I would buy the rights from these damned narrow-eyed Bamco, make a first-person game with a full-fledged advanced combat, 100 floors and 10,000 players on one server (hello, SpatialOS!), With just a CLOUD of secondary quests from Progressive and various side stories , with graphics and interaction with the world like in Genshin Impact, but a hundred times better (since there would be no mobile phones among the target platforms and it would be possible to use all the power of the next gene). And after that one could die in peace, because in my life I did everything I wanted ...