3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 14.09.21 12:45 am

What underrated unpopular games do you know?

We all know what hit, hype games are that are heard everywhere. But there are also games that few people know about, and few have played, but they are good, and no worse than the promoted titles. So what kind of games do you know?
11 Comments
Sort by:
k
kurskiy 14.09.21

As a rule, these are some kind of indie games. Recently I can remember Beautiful Desolation, Maid of Sker, The Uncertain: Light At The End (and the first part, released four years earlier), Fragile or The Occupation. This is if you take the games of 2020. For this ENCODYA. And so, every year pretty good games come out, which almost no one notices, due to the lack of advertising, well, and their category "not for everyone", the mass consumer may not enter.

M
MunchkiN 616 14.09.21

so only probably binar dominion can remember the rest I don’t remember what the name of the pitch-pitch was
and there may be a darkstar episode one or something like that, but it’s specific
and the criterion was so simple such games in which I somehow didn’t see advertisements and accidentally found out about them at the same time such skinny games ah or aa.

r
requiemmm 14.09.21

Well, there are such severe wargames, practically without graphics / animation, for example Solium Infernum, which is very unfriendly to the player and for the first hour there you have to poke at everything and read the fine print. For this reason, he remained "widely known in very narrow circles." There is Theater of War, which already has decent graphics, and in some places obscenely high difficulty, which scares away. There is Mistover, an anime version of Darkest Dungeon, which is more thoughtful in places, but no one shouts about it at every corner.

There is Arcatera, with whom I have a difficult relationship, but this does not make it any less beautiful and unusual game. She just does not give a shit about the player, how and what he will do there and whether he even knows what to do, these are his problems, and the clock is ticking. There is Evoland, which has 9 (nine) posts in total on this forum, in all topics.
There is a book game King of Dragon Pass, which not only does not have English language, but also its English is very difficult for mimocrocodiles with a vocabulary of 50-100 words, which is enough in all other games with a margin.
There's the Othercide of the twenties, a tactical noir-themed roguelike that's too easy for the genre nerds and too hard for Dota fans.
A great platformer came out today, Webbed. For all my dislike for this genre, I believe that the story of the female jumping spider, from which the bird stole the male, deserves attention, if only because here you can and should weave a web, all the puzzles are built on this, and she also knows how to shoot lasers from the eyes :)))

A
Anderby 14.09.21

D2.

B
Bohemian rhapsody 14.09.21

Turning Point - Fall of Liberty. Graphics are so-so, animation is so-so but there is something attractive in it

K
Khaomi 14.09.21

Treasure Adventure World. Remake of Treasure Adventure Game - indie metroidvania. Despite the release of the game under the wing of Chucklefish, which was developed by Starbound and Wargroove, and also published by Risk of Rain, Stardew Valley, etc., something did not find popularity. The game is not a masterpiece, but it is quite solid.

L
Luqedzzz 12.11.21

My summer car the
forest

E
Erontlop 12.11.21

samurai warriors 5
samurai warriors: spirit sanada
dynasty warriors 8 xtream legend
naruto storm 4
one piece 4 and 3 parts

M
Mr. Vemax 29.11.21

Kane & Lynch dilogy
Vivisector
Blood Magic
Dungeon Lord's
Rise of the Argonauts
Enclave
Sacred
Divinity 2: Ego Drakonis
Sleeping Dogs
Alice Madness Returns

V
VETER15 25.01.22

To do this, you need to conduct normal statistics on several parameters, at least ...
And so everyone writes something that, in his opinion, is underestimated.
Is it objective?

E
Essinre Amakis 07.02.22

Iji (2008)
This is one of the best games I've ever played. Although the game looks unprepossessing at first glance, but solid gameplay, very suitable music and - most importantly - an unforgettable story told in it, create a unique atmosphere. For me, this game has become something native, close to my soul.