3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
strimervong 18.09.21 07:47 pm

Podcast microphone

In general, you need a good microphone for audio podcasts and sometimes streaming as well. The main thing is that he is sensitive to the voice and does not pick up extraneous noises. And of course, the voice should be recorded normally. Sound card with XLR connector available. For money up to 11k.
32 Comments
Sort by:
I
IngwardIn 18.09.21

strimervong Check out
the John Punch YouTube channel. He has enough videos on this topic, the videos are objectivity and scrupulous. All the pros and cons are usually voiced.
Spoilerhttps: //www.youtube.com/c/Cakama3a

k
kurskiy 18.09.21

If up to 11k, then Samson C01U Pro is quite popular and gives out tolerable quality for its money.

S
Spiny 18.09.21

In general, any microphone can be taken. I have a story like this. In my PC there are cooling turntables that figure at 40 dB. Microphone usb hyperx quadcast (which is normal, red). He's not even doing a bad job himself. And for better sound / noise suppression, you can use Adobe audition (look YouTube how you can customize and tune for yourself). But for professionalism, you still need to take not USB microphones, but a jack. And also a sound card and a compressor. However, all this is not for the 11k budget.

T
Torkvist 18.09.21

Well, if you do streams and podcasts, then you need to watch a microphone focused on this topic, which will have appropriate software and will work with programs such as obs. By the way, and the retailer from Avermedia is also a normal program and they have a microphone AM330 with XLR connection.

N
Ninio 18.09.21

Well, TS, they are + - they are all like that, almost any microphone in the same price range can be adjusted with the settings so that it would work tolerably well. And so you have to test it yourself, the version with AM330 is rolling in for me, and any of the above microphones will work with OBS and others.

s
strimervong 18.09.21

Spiny wrote:
a jack. And also a sound card A
sound card is available. And why do I need a mic with a jack if I have an XLR? I am professional and didn’t ask.
Torkvist wrote:
who will have the right software and will work with programs such as obs
And that not all microphones with OBS work? How is it?)
Torkvist wrote:
AM330 with XLR connection.
Thank you, I'll look at a couple of reviews on it. Is there something?
Ninio wrote:
AM330 rolls in, but with OBS and
Well, it's natural that any microphone will work. What besides AM330 is there for this price?

T
Torkvist 26.09.21

strimervong wrote:
And that not all microphones with OBS work? How is it?)
There are problems with the definition or settings, avermedia microphones, like cameras, do not even require drivers when connected. What makes them universal and there is an opportunity to take with you and connect wherever you want.
strimervong wrote:
Is there something?
With the same connection and a pop filter available for the same price, you can also watch this Takstar TAK55

N
Ninio 29.09.21

strimervong wrote:
What besides AM330 is there for this price?
Shure SM57-LCE, by the way on dns there is an AM330 for 9k, SM57-LCE is more expensive, I did not hear much of a difference in quality.
Torkvist wrote:
drivers are not required when connected,
like all xlr microphones, because they only transmit sound. I wonder what microphones need drivers now, even if it's usb, Windows will pick up any device. You just need to understand that for example, for avermedia, you will still need to buy a barbell

T
Torkvist 07.10.21

Ninio wrote:
Shure SM57-LCE
It does not have a pop filter, you have to buy it separately for its practice, although there is a battery for wireless use, but it is more of a concert one.
Ninio wrote:
You just need to understand that, for example, for avermedia, you will still need to buy a barbell.
Again, they are all sold without barbells, the issue is resolved for 1k rubles. But you will choose according to your convenience.

s
strimervong 07.10.21

Torkvist wrote:
Why should I buy a pop filter?
Torkvist
Well, throw at least a couple of barbell options.
Ninio wrote:
Shure SM57-LCE, by the way on dns there is AM330 for 9k, SM57-LCE is more expensive, I did not hear much of a difference in quality
Something somehow AM330 rolls in more to me. And the SM57-LCE seems to be good, but not for my use cases, as it seems to me.

T
Torkvist 07.10.21

strimervong wrote:
Why should I buy a pop filter?
To eliminate unnecessary high and low frequencies, but in the case of avermedia, it is already built-in, but it still costs a mower too.
strimervong wrote:
Well, throw at least a couple of barbell options.
Fujimi FJUMB-001 from cheap, Rode PSA1 from more expensive
strimervong wrote:
Somehow, AM330 rolls more to me. And the SM57-LCE seems to be good, but not for my use cases, as it seems to me.
Well, yes, it is more concert, after all, the avermedia model is more oriented specifically for streams.

s
strimervong 07.10.21

Torkvist wrote:
To eliminate unnecessary high and low frequencies, but in the case of avermedia, it is already built-in, but it still costs a mower too.
Is it really impossible to cut them off with some kind of equalizer, or does it help so much?
Torkvist wrote:
Fujimi FJUMB-001 from cheap, Rode PSA1 from more expensive
Thank you.
Torkvist wrote:
Well, yes, it is more concert, after all, the avermedia model is more oriented specifically for streams.
Most likely, I will consider it for purchase.

N
Ninio 07.10.21

strimervong wrote:
SM57-LCE seems to be good, but not for my use cases as it seems to me.
Well, both are normal, and will suit your needs, only the xlr cable in Shure - no, it does not need a pop filter, the AM330 is also quite suitable for streaming in terms of sound and tone reproduction, so if you like it more, you can take it. Of the proposed racks - Fujimi FJUMB-001 is better, in terms of adjustments and the assembly itself

K
Kvasilich 07.10.21

strimervong A
pop filter is needed not to cut frequencies, but to avoid blowing out plosive consonants such as B, P, F. They sound very unpleasant and cannot be treated with any equalizers. There is an isotopic de-plosive that removes them with almost no loss of sound quality, so either a pop filter or an enta softina - see which is more convenient (but the pop filter also protects from drooling;))

T
Torkvist 28.10.21

Kvasilich
Okay, I agree about the popo filter. But then the sound depends on the person himself, if he has some kind of defect or burst, how can you complain about the sound like in this video.

Although I looked at other reviews on this microphone, the authors have clear sound and they are satisfied with this microphone.

s
strimervong 28.10.21

Kvasilich
Naturally pop filter is more convenient. Earlier in FL Studio I worked with isotopic plug-ins and they loaded a lot of hardware. Has something changed now?
Torkvist
Well, I don’t seem to be a lisp, so everything should be fine. So I will probably consider the AM330.

T
Torkvist 28.10.21

strimervong wrote:
So I will probably consider AM330.
And why, probably, there are some other models under consideration or where are the doubts? And if you need it for streaming, then this microphone model is often reviewed complete with a nexus remote control for streamers, you directly connect through it and the sound is clear and it is more convenient to control all functions.

s
strimervong 28.10.21

First, I don't need a mixer.
Secondly, I have no money for it, the budget is limited.
In addition to the AM330, I am considering RODE PODMIC and AUDIO-TECHNICA AT 2020 USB, but it is usable. And so I tend to the first more.

N
Ninio 28.10.21

strimervong wrote: Has something
changed now?
I did video editing, in movie studio 13, then the key fell off and I put the 15th broken one, the effects survived the 16 GB operatos to zero, so the system hung, because I wanted to say, it depends on what you will use
strimervong wrote:
In addition to AM330, I am considering RODE PODMIC
why TECHNICA AT 2020 USB if you needed an xlr microphone right away? in the future, I think that on streams, for those who have ordinary headphones, both microphones will sound about the same.

P
PapaKarloS 28.10.21

look among studio microphones, firms that have been sharpened for more than a dozen years on this, specialized manufacturers.
shure, akg, sennheiser
and of course they need a preamplifier, at least mediocre, but about (maybe not a tube one), and a professional soundtrack (like Lexicon), but it can be cheaper