3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Silencer777 07.10.21 09:02 pm

Remaster won't start (Alan Wake)

More precisely, it starts and crashes to the desktop. Perc Phenom x6 1055t GTX 760
42 Comments
Sort by:
I
IngwardIn 07.10.21

KinRed11
Doesn't this method help?
https://forums.playground.ru/alan_wake/alan_wake_remastered_ne_zapuskaetsya-1006630/#comment-19063889

K
KinRed11 07.10.21

IngwardIn
I figured out in the end, this is purely my cant. for monique 4k and the game automatically sets such a resolution, but the vidyuha does not pull. in the end I just changed it in the settings and everything is ok.

E
EgXL 07.10.21

Why are there any white glare and flashes in night scenes in the forest constantly appear, possibly due to DLSS?

S
Semen1969Pisk 07.10.21

Crash when launched on a license, pirate, repack ... RTX card, percent risen 7.

A
AlexNik 28.10.21

Semen1969Pisk

Such garbage.
It looks like these idiots messed up something with 2K monitors.

A
AlexNik 28.10.21

when window_mode value = "0" / crashes right away, when window_mode value = "1" starts, but in some wild resolution two-thirds of the game screen fits on the monik) If you register 1080P, it starts in the window, switching to full screen does not work.

s
samsut 28.10.21

Silencer777
Processor Doesn't Meet What You Want, 2010 Release 11 Years Ago!

p
patrik25 28.10.21

There was also a problem, when you click on the shortcut, nothing happens either from the desktop or from the root folder. I would be grateful for your help.

s
synth17dm 28.10.21

Silencer777
Greetings, after reading the forum and other sites with comments on YouTube, I made the following conclusion that the problem with crashing at launch is not only among the owners of mobile video cards in laptops, but also on stationary PCs. I was able to skip the crash, but I was stuck on a black screen by running the game on an Intel HD 520 instead of a GTX 950M, setting options through Options - there is sound, you can hear the intro screensaver loading, but you can't see anything. How do you have progress? So you understand CODEX could not be hacked to the end, or is this a problem also present on the license from Epics?

s
synth17dm 28.10.21

patrik25 Launched
what, license or pirate?

s
synth17dm 28.10.21

AlexNik
Where to set these parameters, in which file, by what path?

s
synth17dm 28.10.21

Semen1969Pisk
Can you describe the complete configuration and OS build - 21H1 or other?

s
synth17dm 28.10.21

KinRed11
What did you launch - a license or a pirate, on a laptop or a PC? What did you do, just change the screen resolution, how exactly?

s
synth17dm 28.10.21

Found a tutorial on fixing, a person launched the game on GTX 940MX

Path - C: Users USER NAME Documents Remedy AlanWakeRemastered
File - resolution.xml open with notepad

Made changes, as in the screenshot:

But the screen is still completely black, you can hear the game, you can start it and you can't see anything, I have a GTX 950M 4Gb, while the reshade works fine, at the start 157 - 420 FPS! Win 10 Home was reinstalled just a few days ago, all the drivers are there, the system is completely updated.

s
synth17dm 28.10.21

Judging by the fact that problems arise even on video cards over 130K, the developers simply put a bolt on the game, cooperation with NVIDIA, AMD and compatibility with different equipment.

G
Gott mit uns 28.10.21

synth17dm
Everything is fine there! I do not know where you find problems there.

p
patrik25 28.10.21

synth17dm
Pirate, double click on the shortcut but no reaction. From the root folder or from the desktop, everything is the same. I understand from pirates you shouldn't expect correct work, but I tried several different ones and the result is the same. What is the problem I cannot understand. I would take a license, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be the same with her.

s
synth17dm 28.10.21

patrik25
So I also don't know if the license will work. My RAGE 2 license did not start in Epic, a dual-core i5-6200U processor does not fit. For all the time that I have been using the Acer F5-573G since 2017, this is the only game like this, and now it seems AWR has been added to this list. It's strange, of course, RDR2 and even CP2077 are coming, Reziki's last two remakes, 7, 8, Days Gone and Odyssey are perfect, etc., which are technically 3 heads taller than Alan.

k
kistya777 09.01.22

In connection with the release of Russian Voice Alan Wake from RG MVO on nostalgia users will want to pass a wonderful game again, but this may be difficult, and it is running the game can jump bug "file io failure createdirectoryfailed error code 5"
have been avoided In order that this error file io failure createdirectoryfailed error code 5 when starting the game alan wake
You need to give permission to change the folder "user"
Path C: Users - then right-click on this folder - go to properties - then to safety - change - select "User" where is your Nickname and put the daws in the "allow" column everywhere, then click ok and enjoy the game :) The
above error will no longer bother you.

n
nicos_2406 17.04.22

gekans
Dude, it really helped, just don't delete the savegames folder, the game itself will recreate all the other files, including resolution.xml, so you can safely delete them
PS in the game itself, all settings will return to default if you changed them, such as for example mouse sensitivity