3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fad454 14.10.21 10:33 pm

Paradox (Spoiler) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Why, in Novigrad, the coroner (supreme vampire), who crippled Priscilla, Geralt easily kills, and in Blood and Wine, the supreme vampire Detlaf can only be killed by the same supreme vampire! It turns out illogical, a paradox!
26 Comments
Sort by:
B
Boba4ka 14.10.21

Norman Bates
In general, this is so, they themselves said that they began to make Blood and Wine after the release of the Wild Hunt. There was practically no place for vampires there, and therefore the projectors in the main game simply did not bother too much.

S
Svejincev 14.10.21

Fad454
in Novigrad, the mutagen katakana is taken from the corpse of this vampire, and Detlaff and Regis belong to another subspecies of higher vampires.

W
Wild rider 14.10.21

Norman Bates
"Change your appearance not during the battle, but in front of him, turn from a person into a monster, like a brooks."
The Oxenfurt bloodsucker was already ready to attack Geralt (when he was drunk) in his true guise. That was how he could live calmly in the city in the guise of a man. According to Triss's quest, Katakan already heard Geralt, he managed to get ready for a fight. Why he lives there and whether he lives at all is another question. Remember the Katakana near Novigrad (which was signed as Katakan) - he was taken by surprise, asleep, in human form. It is possible even without KiV to find fault with such inconsistencies (in fact, they do not exist) within the framework of one type of vampires, each of these katakanas had their own inclinations and conditions for appearing in the plot. However, this is one kind of vampire.

"Regis and others like him are simply called the highest because they are difficult to classify, even the Aedmaks do not take orders for them. CDPR has not messed up anything here, it goes from books."
Well, we came to the conclusion that katakanas are a subspecies of higher vampires)

B
Boba4ka 14.10.21

Wild Rider
I still had another higher vampire in mind, if you just walk through the catacombs, you can find his crypt, he sleeps in a coffin for something, he will be in the guise of a man, even the quest is activated if my memory serves me. He will be very unhappy that he was awakened, if he is pulled a second time as the task orders, he will attack. And the katakan from Triss's quest did not show any special signs of mental activity, he lived there stupidly and ate everything.

W
Wild rider 14.10.21

Boba4ka
Well, I wrote about him too.

K
Kosolapyi1 14.10.21

Remember when Geralt reported to the princess, he said that the highest vampires have different abilities? One can talk to animals, the other can turn into a bat. Here, apparently, the difference in strength depends on it. Although both are superior, Detlaff transforms into a more powerful one.
But there is really a discrepancy with death.