3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
yberpleks 14.10.21 10:46 pm

Vampires in the Witcher (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good day!
In the course of the passage of The Witcher, a bit began to taste the Lore of this Universe and the Vampires attracted special attention.
I rummaged through the Internet, but I did not find anything about them except purely static data. From here I have a number of questions:
1) Are vampires still ordinary monsters? Or is it a reasonable race ala Dwarfs, Elves, Nizushki, etc. (I mean the highest Vampires)
2) How many years do vampires live and do they have an age limit at all?
3) Do they heal their wounds on the basis of their natural disposition to regeneration? Or do they have some kind of healing magic?
4) Is the transformation into a Bat inherent in their species? Well, supposedly like Lykontropia, Volkolakia. Or they again possess the magic of change and theoretically can take any form of a living being (depending on the experience in the field of change)
5) It is said that they do not cast shadows and are not reflected in mirrors. Why? They are physical objects, not phantoms or phantom haze. Maybe there is a logical explanation for this?
23 Comments
Sort by:
R
RGC 14.10.21

yberpleks
I will only answer what I know.
1. The question is philosophical, the fact that they are reasonable is a fact more reasonable than the majority, I think. Monster or not - everyone decides for himself, well, it probably takes into account how this or that vampire actually behaves.
2. As far as I know, they are stupidly immortal
4. Yes, higher vampires can turn into bats, in this form they are stronger and faster. Regis turned into a bat after drinking human blood, so it looks like they have something like a buff. They don't know how to transform into other creatures, as far as I remember.
5. Well, this is already a classic, from the very inception of this concept it has been said everywhere that vampires do not cast shadows and are not reflected in the mirror. It has gone from the Middle Ages and the lore of the game just matches

D
DemonLight 14.10.21

1) yes, because even in the first part it is said that he had a friend, a higher vampire who saved our Geralt when he was pierced with a pitchfork (but he died like) + in the first witcher you will meet the wife (like) of this vampire (in a brothel) and she looks like a human (by the way, she is also a supreme vampire)

D
Dj in kohma 14.10.21

I advise you to read books.

y
yberpleks 14.10.21

DemonLight
Yes, the fact that a friend was understandable.
Gerald may have Volkolak in his friends. But here the whole point is that Volkolak is a curse, and Vampires are who they are. That's interesting to me. Are they ordinary monsters? Or is it still one of the humanoid races that entered the world of the Witcher after pairing the spheres.
If it is a race, then it must have its own history, culture, beliefs, etc.

y
yberpleks 14.10.21

DJ In Kohma
In my books nothing is said about it.

N
No more drugs 14.10.21

yberpleks
The book has Regis. He will answer your questions.

y
yberpleks 14.10.21

No more drugs ... I have
not read any books, and so far there are no plans.
In principle, for this, I created a theme. Well, how much do you complain about books, then answer my questions. It's not for nothing that I started to unsubscribe here. First, I looked around the backyards of the Internet, climbed the forums, and only then, making sure that there was no information, I created a topic.

S
Savyonok 14.10.21

yberpleks
The vampires entered the world of the witcher after pairing the spheres. They have a classification from lowest to highest. If we take into account a purely bookish source, then lower vampires (for example, Brooks) are able to look at most like an ordinary person, but they can at any time take on their true appearance. Vampires have no magic and their ability to regenerate is due to their nature. In fact, only the highest vampires belong to the intelligent species of vampires, they often live among people. Well, in the game it is not directly indicated what type of ekkima and katakan belong to. Regarding reflections, it's just old legends, some of which were used in the book by Sapkowski, well, they are immortal. In the book, one high vampire told that somehow the peasants cut off his head and he had to regenerate for something like 50 years.

D
Dos Mon 14.10.21

vampires are mutants

y
yberpleks 14.10.21

Savyonok
In general, Sapkowski's universe is not as well thought out as Tolkien's ((((

y
yberpleks 14.10.21

Alex Chi
Here, too, I tend to this more.
Vampirism is rather a humanoid mutation formed as a result of conjugation of spheres.

S
Savyonok 14.10.21

yberpleks
No, why) You just need to read books directly, they provide information about different monsters and explain what, how, why. I just don't remember everything. And even if he remembered, the answer would have come out too voluminous.

D
Dj in kohma 14.10.21

No more drugs ... By the
way, this is what I meant)

D
Djagger81 14.10.21

The book featured the supreme vampire Regis. He said that they "came" from another world. Blood is drunk not for the sake of survival, but as a delicacy or expensive wine that brings pleasure. They are not afraid of fire or crosses with garlic. They live for a very long time.
Geralt himself admitted that he would not want to get involved with such a fight.
From the story of Regis himself, it was said that once he was hacked to pieces, and his body was buried in a hole. So he completely regenerated for 50 years, and in the process he reflected on his existence and gave up blood altogether. He collects herbs, steep moonshine can brew ...)

N
No more drugs 14.10.21

Djagger81
And, sobsno, Regis was the most erudite and educated in the whole company, which was driving in the footsteps of Ciri. Well, and due to his age, he is the most sophisticated of life experience. Here is such a vampire at Sapkowski.

I
Imperator1 14.10.21

yberpleks
Oh, no need to drive Sapkowski to the Universe ... Everything is so clear and understandable there that ... I don't want to offend. Do not forget that you can "dig in" to anything. This is the first thing. Second: books are written by people, and any normal person is not able to predict all natural and "crazy" questions about their works. White spots are and will be. Otherwise, a person would suffer the same "garbage" all his life. And given that Sapkowski used characters that are more than one century old ... ask the question to the original source. It will be wiser that way.

y
yberpleks 14.10.21

Imperator1
What nonsense did you write now ???

I
Imperator1 14.10.21

yberpleks The
answer to the delusional remark is that Sapkowski does not have a well-thought-out universe. Nobody owes anyone, he shouldn't have to mess with you. For realistically, if you had read the book, then your first post would not have been. Learn materiel. Above, the guys have painted everything on the shelves.

y
yberpleks 14.10.21

Imperator1
Ahahahha.
Schoolboy, well, you at least read what you write. And then you really look stupid))
Just for the sake of statistics, show me at least 1 comment, well, besides Scopolamine's thoughts, where did they answer me?
An answer like go read a book is a delusional answer, because there is no information in the book about which I am asking.
If you yourself do not know what to answer, then it is better to be silent altogether, as long as I repeat: "You look very stupid" in the eyes of others.
And yes, who put that on the shelves here ?? Give proof)))

N
No more drugs 14.10.21

yberpleks
How can you assert that there is no information in the books if you yourself admitted above that you have not read them and are not going to?
In addition, all your questions have been answered in one way or another here. Learn to grasp the meaning of the text you read or rub your eyes.
Well, if you need details, then you definitely cannot pass by the books, or be content with what you have already learned.
By the way, after typing your post above, you yourself began to "look very stupid in the eyes of others."