3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Phantom2014 14.10.21 11:00 pm

Can a witcher own an estate? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In essence, they were created as wandering monster killers. Does this quest violate the integrity of the plot? Who has any thoughts?
24 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bupycop 14.10.21

Phantom2014
What nonsense? I'm telling you about the fact that witchers do not use this type of weapon, it was said in the books, this is not according to the canon, for long-range weapons are not like open combat and it is despicable to use them. Geralt himself says to Vesemir, when he gives him a crossbow, before ordering a griffin, "do you propose to break the tradition?" What does the school of a cat and a bear have to do with it, I do not understand at all ... but I suspect that I am arguing with another Newfag who played enough in the 3rd part and already considers himself a fan of the witcher who knows nothing about Sapkowski's universe.

P
Phantom2014 14.10.21

Bupycop
Well, if we are talking about The Witcher 3 as a game series, then Sapkowski himself said in an interview that he does not recognize it as a continuation of his books. If we take the game universe, then we can assume that each school had its own methods of preparing students and the students of the cat and bear school could use the crossbow. Newfag - I may not understand the issue, but in fact there is nothing about schools in the game. If there is, tell me where? So one can only make assumptions about what other schools of witchers used.

B
Bupycop 14.10.21

Phantom2014
If we take the game universe, then there is no mention of the bear school, little is known about other schools, especially since their students could use long-range weapons. The only thing that can be justified is that young witchers learn to wield various weapons in order to be ready for anything, but using a crossbow as an auxiliary weapon is not according to the canon, at least.

X
Xiahou Dun 14.10.21

This is Sapkowski's theorem - the more dough Sapkowski has, the less logic in his works.