3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 16.10.21 08:58 pm

Mod \ "open borders \" (Stellaris)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686015582 The

mod gives you the right to freely cross the borders of other empires without signing any agreements (which is almost impossible).
Very useful for completing quests.
30 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mordok 16.10.21

Really, the point is generally in alliances and diplomacy, if I can fly where I want and wrestle empires at any distances?
To me, in order now to eat a bunch of newly created weak states, I need to go through the precursor race. With their territory, they plugged the passage into two arms (and to the rings), in which a bunch of new empires were formed. If it hadn't been for their stagnant forerunners, they'd long been swallowed up by empires from the rest of the galaxy.
Of the five sectors for the study of cloud voids, the last one hangs already figs knows how much because it is located on the territory of a vassal of another empire, from which I constantly buy credits for minerals. And he does not want to open borders because he is afraid. Now we have to deal with him constantly in order to knock out the right to innocent passage. Fighting with him is not an option: my fleet cannot fly for more than 11 months without his energy, and I cannot conduct a single war.

Your mod stupidly cuts such development options. Because - yes, it is better to study diplomacy than break the balance.

M
MishaRass 16.10.21

Mordok There is
really no point in diplomacy, we are waiting for finishing.

M
Mordok 16.10.21

MishaRass
Read it carefully? All my interesting moments are tied to diplomacy.

I
Ilya Rak 16.10.21

Mordok
I surrounded you with four invisible lines. And just try to go through them.

G
Grandfather Mazayka 16.10.21

Ilya Rak
Maybe all empires throughout their territory put a semblance of warp "jammers" and other engines that do not allow you to enter their systems. Or, for example, they cause interference that prevents your engines / wormholes from correctly choosing the coordinates of the system, thereby losing the ability to send you to the desired point. It's fantastic, anything can be

M
Mordok 16.10.21

Ilya Rak
The main task of the first half of the game: NOT to be surrounded. Of course, if at the beginning you sat on the priest evenly and did not burst to clog key aisles with strongpoints / colonies - your problems are not balance and not diplomacy.

I
Ilya Rak 16.10.21

Grandfather Mazayka wrote:
empires throughout their territory put a semblance of warp "jammers"
that's exactly what I want to see in the game. There are also "magnets" that attract the jump to the star base. Let it be jammed, significantly cut the radius of the jump or prevent jumping into the system.

I will gladly accept such an innovation in the game.

M
MishaRass 16.10.21

Ilya Rak
Plus.

M
Mordok 16.10.21

Your happiness has come to pass: in the June update, there will be open borders by default. But the player and / or AI will be able to close them at will. Closed borders will give a minus in diplomatic relations.

Personally, I do not understand what for Paradoxes are made from 4X sim city.

A
Andrey Malyarov 16.10.21

Mordok
that's cool