3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
opposer 23.10.21 10:56 pm

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

just tried a "new" PSP game. Capitalist American Pigs keep their promises - no new PSP games, just trims, stubs and remnants. Here's another one. At the same time, for some reason, the arguments "I already have this game purchased for PS2, why should I buy it again?" do not accept. Immediately "pirate", "thief", "because of people like you died Clover Leaf Studios" ...
PoP The Two Thrones was quite a credible rehabilitation after the disastrously lost Warrior Within series, when Yubiki decided to radically change the situation with poor sales of the first part and made an "evil hack" for stupid teenagers out of an oriental action-adventure tale. Oriental tunes were replaced by "mital" from the "Gopshmyak" group, women's assholes appeared close-up, dirty swearing, pop "cool" swords with unimaginable guards, general "gothic" and "vicious" interior (aggressive teenagers love "wickedness" in the style of howling about Mulatto, Mosquito, Albino and Libido from the gravedigger of rock music Kurt Kobel). The emphasis has shifted to bloody chopping, chopping bosses and releasing guts. For some reason, such Konovalsky measures did not help the game much. And Yubiki decided to go back to basics ... to try more precisely. Two Thrones was much more exciting than the second part. In particular, there was no annoying backtracking. Moreover, if in the first part of the annoying moments there were exactly two (flying on a bucket in one place and a puzzle with the search for Headlights), then in the third there are noticeably more of them - chariot races ("like in a cal of dyuti"), a puzzle with lifting platforms, a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time. Moreover, if in the first part of the annoying moments there were exactly two (flying on a bucket in one place and a puzzle with the search for Headlights), then in the third there are noticeably more of them - chariot races ("like in a cal of dyuti"), a puzzle with lifting platforms, a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time. Moreover, if in the first part of the annoying moments there were exactly two (flying on a bucket in one place and a puzzle with the search for Headlights), then in the third there are noticeably more of them - chariot races ("like in a cal of dyuti"), a puzzle with lifting platforms, a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time. a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time. a room with a twist and water below (the second time I go through, but without a guide I could not master it), 2 bosses at the same time (more precisely, the absence of a save after a ride on the chariots in front of them and the need to re-watch the outpost every time) and many others. But nevertheless, it was interesting to play, despite the fact that we are being fed the same dungeon for the third time.
Now sobsna about the port. It is known that it is impossible to play practically anything on the PSP, due to the fact that the money during the development of the console went to the "glamor" and "circle" behind. And as a result, it is impossible to implement control in 3d, in principle, you have to be perverted. The only game where it went was Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. For some reason they did not guess from her to steal the centering of the camera along the left shift, they hung it on the "left arrow". You have to remove your finger from the bump. How many speed-kills are screwed up because of this, how many jumps into the void are made because of the low speed of an analog bump - you can't count. But you can play. And even necessary.
The second problem, she is the benefactor of graphics. The transfer levels were not affected at all. A huge number of polygons, which the PSP baby does not understand how it grinds. The problem is that, just like in the first part, the texture resolution on the heroes was drastically reduced. And since you observe the hero next to the camera, it is very, very noticeable and unpleasant. With Big Boss from MGSPO, with the hero Siphon Filter, I did not lie around. But the rest, again, is great.
Lots of bugs with sound. There is almost no clanging of blades, often the music changes out of place and so on. The same as in Warrior Within.
As a result, if this game cost, say, 700 rubles, if the licensed box of the version from another platform was presented, the price would not be there. If you have not played TTT (which is doubtful), take it without hesitation, because the game is first-class. If you played and went through, then it depends on you whether you will give 1700 rubles for a second play. Not many games on PSP are seen in the future, the platform is dying ...
22 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ilyusha 23.10.21

so,

GameSpot 7.1 out of 10
IGN 7.1 out of 10
Nintendo Power 7 out of 10

o
opposer 23.10.21

well, yes, 7-7.5 is his estimate