3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Listok_Tea 28.10.21 09:30 pm

Does anyone know how to get through an invisible wall? (The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

I don’t know why, but I wondered what was behind the map, like I’m the area where the map shows neighboring states (such as Morrowind or Skyrim, etc.)
36 Comments
Sort by:
k
ksasha97 28.10.21

Well, the tcl team should help, really I xs what's overseas

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

ksasha97
I tried tcl but it stupidly writes something like you can't go any further, if everything was so easy I wouldn't create a post

m
max98732 03.11.21

I guess there's just nothing there

N
No_time_for_gaming 03.11.21

every student dreams that there is something behind the map,
but the realities of life are such that there is nothing there

L
Lodnar 03.11.21

Listok_Tea
In the game folder there should be a file in the ini format (Notepad white file with a gear, or something like that.) There, dig out the line bBorderRegionsEnabled = 1 and put 0 instead of 1.
But there seems to be nothing special except for grass.

Y
Youxyxol 03.11.21

Lodnar
The same can be written to the console, it should also work.

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

max98732
Well, I think so too, but still maybe there will be at least NPC models or some kind of textures

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

No_time_for_games
Well, suddenly there is something, everything is possible

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

Lodnar
If you mean the / Oblivion / folder itself, then there is only the goglog.ini file but it does not have bBorderRegionsEnabled = 1

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

Lodnar
Of course there is also Oblivion_default.ini but there is no bBorderRegionsEnabled = 1

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

Vyxyxol
Even through commands does not work (

a
airstorm 03.11.21

Listok_Tea
Eh ... it was a long time ago, the "Shivering Isles" add-on did not exist then. I played with two mods - open borders and an expanded map. Outside the playground, forests stretched, animals met, and some flora came across to collect. For the sake of purely sporting interest, I pressed the W key with a ruler and waited for what would happen. The Persian rode a horse or ran forward (sometimes bumping into trees or stones. After 20-30 minutes the game crashed. So I did not reach the neighboring state.
PS There was an adornment with the "Walking on Water" enchantment. I went out to the big water south of Leyawiin and like the Apostle Andrew ran along the water surface exactly to the south. He held the key pressed for exactly an hour! Departures were not stupid - there was water all around. Then he turned 180 degrees and rushed north the same way. An hour later, I didn't get it! Held for 20-30 minutes, but never came back. Fast travel solved the problem.

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

airstorm
but it's fashion

a
airstorm 03.11.21

Listok_Tea
Yes, these are mods. I don't remember the verbatim description of the extended map, but there was something like "the world is generated as in tes 2 daggerfall". Borderless Cyrodiil's open borders mod is the same bBorderRegionsEnabled = 0 - just a file that has already been edited. But with the extended map ... perhaps the creator of the mod simply borrowed this "add-on" from daggerfall, tweaked something and laid it out. In any case, it was not possible to generate endlessly even on a brutally top-end PC - the game was thrown out. Then I just did not have time to get confused with the lowering of the quality of the graphics and other things, since the Shivering Islands add-on was soon released, but how much this add-on turned out to be atmospheric and reckless everyone already knows - it was delayed. Well, do not forget that it was 2007 - when the players simply did not have time to finish the passage of one masterpiece, as the next came out.
No sooner had we collected all the tiberium in the spring in C&C 3 - Tiberium Wars, when the trembling islands emerged. And by the fall it started spinning ... BioShock, The Witcher, Crysis, Portal, Assassin's Creed. In a word The next re-passage of TES4 was after a fair amount of time and I did not even remember about experiments with borders.

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

airstorm
Well, this is an edited file, and the author of the mod could add something. Well, I also don’t really like messing around with mods, sometimes you find a cool mod, but it is not installed or it is installed in the launcher, you turn it on and it doesn’t work or works crappy, and very often it happens that you need all sorts of add-ons. But thanks for the info anyway

a
airstorm 03.11.21

Listok_Tea
For Obla, all you need is obse, which will ensure the performance of 60-70% of the mods. Installing mods in Oble is a simple copying of files (this is not Skyrim SE for you) and the BOSS utility is an auto-sorter of mods in order to avoid all conflicts.
obse - as practice has shown, incredibly useful. I already wanted to replay the game, but I won't have time ... In 10 days, the anniversary of Skyrim - an addition is coming out and there will be a replay;)

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

airstorm
Hah well good luck, right now I'll try obse

a
airstorm 03.11.21

Listok_Tea
Thank you!
O_o i.e. will you try obse and run around Cyrodiil while the rest of humanity is fishing at the docks of Solitude? Well ... you are there, if you open the borders, then on November 12, drive up to the northern border of Bruma. I'll send you fish through Riften's couriers - it's close there (and cold), the fish won't spoil: D
Enjoy your game!

L
Listok_Tea 03.11.21

airstorm
I'll come to you from Morrowinda)
there the interface is more convenient

a
airstorm 03.11.21

Listok_Tea
Listok_Tea wrote:
I will come to you from Morrowinda)
Easier to sail;) Solstheim is just available, and there is excellent coal wine in Raven Rock!