3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mountain View 30.10.21 09:00 pm

Ion fury

x6NVj8K.png

AvvNLmY.jpg

http://www.ionfury.com

Developer: Voidpoint, LLC

Publisher: 3D Realms

Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch

Franchise: Bombshell

Release date: August 15, 2019

KOEwNor.jpg

data-controller = "core.front.core.autoSizeIframe"  

Ion Fury left Steam Early Access on August 15.

The game should also get to PS4, Xbox One and Switch, but a little later.

The physical edition will include a flash drive, a digital soundtrack code, an A3 poster, a set of stickers, a 60-page artbook, and a key card.

Duke Nukem in a skirt: IGN showed 15 minutes of Ion Fury

Voidpoint and 3D Realms have released the shooter Ion Fury from Steam Early Access, known as Ion Maiden when announced. The peculiarity of the game is that the Build Engine, which was popular in the 1990s, was used for it. Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, Redneck Rampage and other games are made on it.

The creators of Ion Maiden set out to prove that an immersive game does not require a realistic world and technological advances. And the beginning of Ion Fury confirms this. In the recording posted on the IGN channel, the heroine cleans the entertainment area, trying to get further, to one known target.

Even Shelley "Bombshell" Garrison is as good as his predecessor, the irresistible Duke Nukem. She now and then makes sarcastic remarks about opponents and praises her own accuracy. By the way, you can even admire it if you find a mirror in the toilet.

The game was released without an achievement system. However, the developers assure that they write everything down and that the players will receive their well-deserved achievements as soon as they appear.

mnWn6U3.png

cEH3tmS.png

https://opencritic.com/game/8117/ion-fury

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ion-fury

34 Comments
Sort by:
Q
Qvasik 30.10.21

Of course, the phrases are funny, 

a yippee ki yay, say my name ... by the first 2 hours - the best shooter of the year))

a
aRmOnDo 30.10.21

Qvasik Doom hasn't come out yet, so it's not over yet.

I myself have been following the game for a long time. Play on Build in 2019? A must check out. True, I have not bought it myself yet. Heard the difficulty level of the classic Shadow Warrior. I especially like how we worked on the weapon sprites and animations, they are so smooth. Glad to see another boomer shooter coming out, but Dusk certainly won't beat Dusk.

Is Wrath: Aeon of Ruin due out soon?

Modified on August 17, 2019 by aRmOnDo

Q
Qvasik 30.10.21

9 minutes ago, aRmOnDo said:

Doom hasn't come out yet

Well, this is understandable, but in anticipation of that.

9 minutes ago, aRmOnDo said:

Heard the difficulty level with the classic Shadow Warrior

I did not play the original, but I often die at 3/4 of the difficulty.

Modified on August 17, 2019 by Qvasik

B
Beloved and respected by 30.10.21

Such games should be played on the penultimate / last difficulty.

n
n6x6n6x 30.10.21

Just started to forget about this shitty squeezing garbage, as these patients again make themselves felt.

Only nvchvl 

J
JasonWU 30.10.21

lol, in my opinion, to make a game about the alpha chief chief instead of another nyukem who loves juicy heifers, already a savory deflection.

and here is a new shame

https://gamemag.ru/news/138885/ion-fury-studio-apologises-for-sexist-and-transphobic-comments-by-staff

omg ...: 279:

but, the fact that the game is good, I believe.

G
Grayharvey 30.10.21

The game was boosted a lot with yerli access. The dynamics have grown, the enemies have become more aggressive and there are more of them. When there was only one level in the game, it looked more like a nuclear duke's reskin, but now it's generally top. 

J
JasonWU 30.10.21

there the dudes did somersaults with changing shoes in the air

https://dtf.ru/life/66145-razrabotchiki-ion-fury-ne-stanut-udalyat-iz-igry-shutki-oskorbivshie-nekotoryh-igrokov

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

The developers of Ion Fury will not remove jokes from the game that offended some players  

The creators of the shooter said they were against censorship.

Studio Voidpoint and 3D Realms released a joint statement in which they partially retracted their words after the scandal that erupted around Ion Fury in mid-August.

They emphasized that they do not intend to change the game and remove jokes from there that seemed offensive to some users. We are talking about bottles with the inscription "ogay" and, most likely, the word "fagbag" in the secret room, which were noticed on the net.

- We will not censor either Ion Fury or our other games - neither now nor in the future. This decision is not limited to jokes like the most offensive soap in the history of games.

- We do not support the censorship of artworks in any way and we regret that we decided to change the sprite in the game, and not trust our instincts. This point of view is shared by both 3D Realms and Voidpoint.

from Voidpoint and 3D Realms statement

Prior to this, the developers promised to remove "homophobic insults" from the shooter, and also admitted that some of the statements by Voidpoint employees on the network were inappropriate.

Apparently, the new statement is a response to negative reviews of Ion Fury, which began to leave Steam users after the scandal became public. Because of this, the average rating for recent reviews on the shooter page is still listed as "mixed".

Initially, the scandal on the network was associated not only with jokes in Ion Fury itself, but also with the words of the developers in the official channel of the game Discord - some considered them transphobic and sexist.

All the same, there are eggs, thank God. Respect.

a
aRmOnDo 30.10.21

I somehow got to the last episode. Sorry, but not the shooter of the year. Against the background of the gorgeous Dusca and Amid Evil, the game loses in everything. There is no variety of guns, no variety of opponents, the level design is not bad, but against the background of Dusk and Amid, Evile is simply teeming with clichés. The first zone was the best, and the map with the shopping center was ok, but by the end I was already asked to climb underground in the sewers and the subway. Fortunately, there are still breaks in this, the Heskela mansion is cool, in principle, came out. The difficulty really looks more like Shadow Warrior and Blood. Opponents are constantly sitting in ambushes and start spamming you with garbage as soon as you appear in sight, crossbowmen are just tin, they can take out with two shots on hard. But most of all, the spiders are worn out, they shove them everywhere. It seems that I do not want to scold the game, but against the background of other "tributes" to classic shooters, Ion Fury just doesn't change the formula of build shooters and just follows in the footsteps of its ancestors. And if this is enough for you, then great, but again, the same Amid Ivil with his battle and Dask with his brainwave brought much more to the genre. Ion Fury has its own strengths, but the developers were too keen on copying the ideas of their ancestors, rather than creating their own. 

Q
Qvasik 30.10.21

11 hours ago, aRmOnDo said:

The first zone was the best

Yes, I agree. At first, such a wow, and then beeee. In general, the game is good, but of course it is far from the dask.

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

Ion Fury is finally coming to PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on May 14, 2020

M
Mountain View 30.10.21

q
qdash 30.10.21

For me personally, Ion Fury is a complete disappointment, starting with the engine - I hardly digest games on the Build Engine for a long time, an attempt to replay the same Blood was unsuccessful. Stylization is strained, like much modern neo-retro. In short, I deleted it after the first level.

d
dozensnake 30.10.21

blood tacto one of the best fps ever created

even now playing bless you

q
qdash 30.10.21

dozensnake well, I don’t know, in general, Blood is the best single-coil joker eva for me, for me it was always better than Duma and Halva, no questions asked, it was replayed 4 times in different years, but I can’t take it anymore - the Build Engine is now completely disgusting to me. Maybe there is some kind of engine for Blood, like Doom, but I did not go into details, the last attempt is Blood: One Unit Whole Blood, bought on sale. However, this has as much to do with Ion Fury as Retrowave has with Synthpop 80s.

d
dozensnake 30.10.21

Well, in ion fury, I was a little strained by too open levels, opponents literally from every corner are firing at you

T
Tuborg 30.10.21

Yesterday I bought and played on the X - the port is complete shit. Constant random brakes (!!!) when walking and rotating the camera. The sensitivity of the sight is uncomfortable shit, no matter how I played with the sensa and fove, I could not make it convenient, all the time. You know, it happens sometimes on consoles with a sensor - like normal and 60 fps, but something is wrong, dead zones probably or something like that. And this is perfectly combined with the fact that in order to kill an enemy from a shotgun you need to hit exactly a small crosshair, as if there is no spread at all. And in principle, it is very difficult to shoot, no, even the slightest elementary console auto-enamel is felt, although it is turned on in the settings. Walking is inert and uncomfortable (again, coupled with amazing aiming and brakes, it gives a very cool effect).
And all this ultimately translates into devilish complexity, even at normal, and you cannot change the difficulty during the game, I really regretted that I did not start on easy. Like old school, like in old games, the difficulty cannot be changed. But then in old school there were no reloads, but here there is, in the absence of any indicator of the number of cartridges in the clip, which is why you often forget and go out to fire with an empty barrel. 
In short, it's a shitty game, it's very unpleasant to play on the console, I'm very upset and possibly drop it, a very thin line with non-playability. 

Here's a mini review. 

Modified May 15, 2020 by Tuborg

A
ACE 30.10.21

yeah

our review on the hox version.

https://gamemag.ru/reviews/ion-fury-xbox-one-x

the switch also slows down

I read the review of dualshokers - they write that on ps4 it also falls out into the dashboard and cannot be passed

but these stalls put 7 ahahahaha (PPC patients)

P
Pr8da21r 30.10.21

But I wanted to buy it on the Switch : 57a8bd5e46b2e_FROG18:

Waiting for Port Dusk for baby : 57a8bd5cb224b_FROG12: