3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
31.10.21 11:04 am

Left 4 Dead 2

As part of Microsoft's press conference at E3 2009, the sequel to Left 4 Dead, one of the best games of last year, was officially announced. The project is being developed in versions for PC and Xbox 360, promising to be on store shelves at the end of this year, or rather on November 17.
So what will the sequel bring? Expect five completely new campaigns with new protagonists, an updated AI director who now controls routes and weather, three new types of special infected, many new varieties of common zombies, altered alarms, a completely new multiplayer mode, improved graphics, 20 new weapons, and also a full storyline that was missing in the original.
Many players were upset about the sequel announcement. But Doug Lombardi from Valve promised that their opinion will definitely change after a more detailed acquaintance with Left 4 Dead 2. In particular, a demo version will be released a couple of weeks before the release. And the original, by the way, will not be abandoned.

[align = center] [b] Screenshots: [/ b]
[img] http://www.l4d-inside.ru/assets/drgalleries/1/big_thumb1280x1280_3591112158_070e2655ba_o.jpg [/ img]
[img] http: // www .l4d-inside.ru / assets / drgalleries / 1 / big_thumb1280x1280_3591113112_9de41159c9_o.jpg [/ img]
[img] http://www.l4d-inside.ru/assets/drgalleries/1/big_thumb1280x1280_3591112628_663248f696_o.jpg [/ img]
[img ] http://www.l4d-inside.ru/assets/drgalleries/1/big_thumb1280x1280_3591112158_070e2655ba_o.jpg [/ img] [/ align]
123 Comments
Sort by:
A
Aserp 31.10.21

[b] mjlame [/ b], I was lazy to download boxing, and I don't want to get banned.

m
mjlame 31.10.21

[b] Purple Panda [/ b], the mechanics are the same. IMHO, it's worth downloading and taking a look. innovations in shooters have not been xs how many. And then versus, just a breath of fresh air. Other modes for show.
The servers are still running.
The second part is a bit more beautiful, there are more effects.
True, the most relish is Versus, they did not give a test, so it is not yet clear what and how. But it is very likely that most of the jambs of the first smoothly migrated to the second (at least in the xbox360 version).
[b] Aserp [/ b], why is it banned? The demo is launched on any box, and no one has ever been banned for the demos. I don’t know such people, and I don’t think that MS will take a shit about it.

A
Aserp 31.10.21

[b] mjlame [/ b], [off] well, I mean, my console is sewn. maybe accidentally, being in live, I would have grabbed a ban. : oops: [/ off]
[b] mjlame [/ b], is there anything new from the weapon in the demo?

m
mjlame 31.10.21

[b] Aserp [/ b], new part - new weapon, incl. melee, plus new infected, etc. everything is in the demo. 2 cards, single and co-op. The rest of the modes are locked.
On the box, in the second part, we added the ability to choose when creating a game, on a dedicated server, or p2p.
Also, the main menu shows friends playing the first part.

R
Roman 31.10.21

They are brutes, they cannot lay out a demo for everyone ...

A
Aserp 31.10.21

[b] Roman [/ b], tomorrow will be in incentive.

R
Roman 31.10.21

[b] Aserp [/ b], Shall we play? Like the good old days? eight)

m
mjlame 31.10.21

[b] Roman [/ b], I agree, in general, it turned out stupid. Valve launched a demo of her game on someone else's platform earlier than on her own (steam): confused:.

a
alxp90 31.10.21

A demo of norms, but without revelations, I will most likely take the game, but later.

A
Aserp 31.10.21

[b] Roman [/ b]
,: agree: as soon as I swing, then immediately.

A
ACE 31.10.21

the demo did not like the
atmosphere no
zombies after death disappear into the air without even falling on the floor O_O of the
promised full-fledged plot did not notice the
music and the ambient are terrible the

only thing I liked was the graphics (although the source is old, and the art design and competent textures with lighting make the game beautiful) and drive, which sometimes is
when comparing the first part and the second demo. the first is better. let's see what will happen in the full version

A
Aserp 31.10.21

The demo in the incentive weighs 3.8. : eek:

M
MaXiDRoM_90 31.10.21

Who wants to run through the demo in Xbox LIVE - add) right now I created a lobby and I'm waiting for 4 people to type

-
- = S! Z = - 31.10.21

[Quote] zombies after death disappear into the air without even falling on the floor O_O [/ quote]
Have you played the censored version or what?

A
ACE 31.10.21

[b] - = S! Z = - [/ b], hey, but I didn't think ... I have an Australian account. maybe that's why it was so? : roll:

M
MaXiDRoM_90 31.10.21

[b] ACE [/ b], there were still grenades and Molotov cocktails in the demo, and the heads are torn to shreds from the crushed.

Itself just got out of the game, with a friend passed the co-op. There is much more meat than in L4D, so even the demo L4D2> L4D

[color = green] [size = 75] Added after 5 minutes 16 seconds: [/ size] [/ color]

[b] ACE [/ b], here [url = http: //www.gamemag.ru/news/46117/] http://www.gamemag.ru/news/46117/ [/ url]

G
Guest 31.10.21

A demo version on PC and Xbox 360 was held about 10 times. I would like to share my impressions.

It is worth starting with the fact that after the first launch of the L4D 2 Demo, these very impressions of the game turned out to be far from the best - it seemed that there was simply no atmosphere in the new creation of Valve, and there were not many innovations. However, after a couple of runs through the demo, it became clear that Gabe Newell's team was once again able to create a really great game.

The gameplay formula has remained unchanged, at least in cooperative mode - as in the original, you need to get from point A to point B, simultaneously killing hundreds of living dead. Not caring too much about significant changes in the gameplay, Valve seems to have set out to perfect everything that has already been, and also add a huge number of very nice little things. Probably the most significant are the new bosses - Loader, Plevunsha and Jockey, as well as twenty new means to destroy the walking dead - ten guns and melee weapons each. The more important novelty among the means for the destruction of the living dead, of course, are melee weapons. Killing zombies with a frying pan, a guitar or a katana is certainly no less pleasant than a stray bullet, and perhaps even more. It's a bit of a pity, really that the demo version was not allowed to test the chainsaw. But all the more impressive is the full version of Left 4 Dead 2, coming out in two weeks. It is also worth noting that these Melee weapons are allowed to be carried instead of a not-so-necessary pistol - more powerful firearms, fortunately, Valve decided not to take away.

Other small but nice additions include Special Infected. In the demo version, only one of them is presented - a zombie policeman in a bulletproof vest, who must be killed from behind. In total, there will be five Special Infected in the full version - one for each campaign. Next up are the new items. Now, in addition to first-aid kits, painkillers, dynamite sticks and Molotov cocktails, there is a defibrillator, a syringe with a certain drug, a jar of Fat Man's vomit and a few other interesting items. It's clear that none of this changes the gameplay. But it greatly diversifies it and makes it more fun.

Let's move on to the levels. There are only two of them in the demo version. Both belong to the latest campaign - The Parish. Immediately after loading, the daytime is striking. And, I must say, the first couple of minutes of the game seems to be a complete absence of the atmosphere of the apocalypse. But after the completion of the first level, you understand - after all, everything is in order with the atmosphere. It is depressing, the daytime does not save - only Valve manages to turn a beautiful sunny day into one when you don't want to live. The horror of the epidemic of the virus is felt. A truly atmospheric game. In general, the L4D 2 demo reminded of the recent wonderful film Zombieland - both sad and fun, and there, and there are four survivors, and also a sea of ​​action. The daily levels are definitely a success for Valve. Do not judge by them from very inconspicuous screenshots.

As in the original, the AI ​​director plays an important role in the sequel. He has become even smarter and now contributes a lot to the atmosphere. For example, he loved to drive a large number of the walking dead into dark places, into rooms with a lot of objects. During the battle, tables, chairs and much more are turned over, the play of light and shadow shows itself in all its glory, zombies run, stumble, blood is pouring. And after their complete destruction, just a huge number of corpses remain in the room! Impressive. In addition to better control over the zombie AI, the director now actively changes the location of items, as well as changes the map itself. As a result, even two levels from the demo version can be replayed a huge number of times.

As for the promised storyline, the story is not presented as in most shooters, where the player is simply chewed on the whole story. Instead, there are a large number of inscriptions and announcements on the levels, reading which you can understand what is happening in a world filled with bloodthirsty zombies. In addition, in the sequel to Left 4 Dead, the main characters learned to communicate a little with each other, and not just talk about the approach of the boss or finding first aid kits. The four survivors, by the way, are known to have changed. The new characters turned out to be quite good, although in any case their appearance does not play a special role.

Now about the visual component of the project. In general, the graphics have not changed much. But now the game has sharper textures compared to the original, as well as more beautiful effects. In particular, the explosion of dynamite is worth noting. If in the first part, after the explosion, only a cloud of blood remained from the walking dead, which quickly disappeared, now the zombies from the explosion beautifully fly into the air and then land on the ground. Interestingly, during their flight, apparently, the time in the game slows down a little. Looks very, very good. It is also necessary to highlight the fact that the game has become more brutal - the blood looks much more realistic than in the original, the limbs are cut off, from the bullets of the evil dead there are holes in the body.

As for the differences between the PC version and the Xbox 360 version, there are not many of them. Of course, the control and slight lag of the Microsoft console version in graphics and brutality.

Well, a little about music. The soundtrack has been updated - fresh compositions fit perfectly into the atmosphere of the game, into its southern flavor. With music, everything is expected to be in order, fortunately.

In general, the demo version of Left 4 Dead 2 leaves an extremely positive impression. Already in the cooperative mode, it is clear that this is not just an ordinary add-on. But in addition to him, Valve presented Realism Mode, as well as a new multiplayer mode. In addition, 10 percent of all levels are not shown in the demo, all types of weapons, items and special infected are not shown. So it remains to look forward to November 17th.

B
Be_a_PUA 31.10.21

I played a lot in the first part on pirate servers) Nadro will try out the second

-
- = S! Z = - 31.10.21

Played demo. Frankly speaking, I didn't like it very much. Maybe it's just boring already, in the 1st I played a lot. I was pleased with how zombies fly apart, just like in a movie)

L
Lord_Gremlin 31.10.21

I also played the demo and liked it. And it flies - 60 FPS on my computer. The meat is very impressive - I have never seen such carefully drawn holes in the flesh and intestines. In Fallout 3, the meat looked solid like bricks, in SoF2 everything was too angular ... Probably I'll take it, although 50 bucks for such a game is a pity, judging by the demo, the plot is not.
I did not play the first part, however, maybe there is simply no normal campaign in the demo.