3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
q
qdash 31.10.21 11:39 am

Reflex

Platform: PC
Genre: Arena FPS

Publisher: indie
Developer: Turbo Pixel
Release Date: TBA

Game Modes: Duel, FFA, Team Deathmatch, Freeze Tag, Capture The Flag, Race ...

Description: online shooter in the style of good old Quake, with an original approach and a cool map editor. Speed, air control, fast rockets, modern interface with ladders, game rating, etc.

Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191095869/reflex

Steam Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317361451&searchtext=reflex

Video:

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQaN3h-S4Wo [/ media]

Modified on September 27, 2014 by -dD-
26 Comments
Sort by:
N
NetSky 31.10.21

It feels like it's an HD remaster of Q3 Arena

q
qdash 31.10.21

[member = 'NetSky'], this is more Painkiller / QuakeWorld / CPMA than Q3. This is the correct Quake, with air control and fast rocket. IMHO. This is exactly what I would like to see Quake 5, but the dudes at Turbo Pixel did it before the dudes at id.

Also the game looks awesome in the mode without textures (in my QL textures are generally turned off to zero with all anti-aliasing, for example). I wonder how it will look with all the little garbage.

... but most importantly, the mechanics and editor are just ZBS! You can't ask for more if you love classic Quake. IMHO.

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxnwax7jzYs [/ media]

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'] thank you for the enlightenment. I myself am already tired of looking at which game hit the kickstarter, and in modern pc gaming since 2006, I was too disappointed. And here is a refined arena shooter. The only genre that I am ready to forgive this refinement and, on the contrary, to support.

q
qdash 31.10.21

[member = 'Chronometro'], the only thing that worries me is that they may not raise enough money on Kickstarter. I would even say, most likely they will not collect ... (Posons wrote their own engine, a bunch of cvar commands in the console, an editor ... I would not want the development to drag on for an indefinite time. People who played Reflex are extremely positive about the game that further spurs the anticipation.

Shl. From the fresh arena of clowns, you can try alpha Warxon. I personally am too lazy to play it, like the same song that all these Xonotic, Warsow and other Nexuiz ... I could be wrong. I would very much like to take a look at Cliffy B.'s Silverstreak, but for now Reflex is in my top expectations on the first line, as the most serious project with a perspective. Here's a good ESReality thread on the subject.

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'], in the last three days of the training camp, sign up for this thread. If it’s not enough, I’ll back up too.)

q
qdash 31.10.21

Another update from the Kickstarter page:

[media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brg5eiOzIIU [/ media]

The video tells about the map editor in Reflex.

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'], they correctly say that during fundraising, you need to upload not just a trailer, but also a video message from the developers so that you can look into the eyes of the person who makes the project you are investing in.

t
themoderat 31.10.21

Hmm, strange, the developers interrupted the kickstarter campaign almost 10 days before its completion.

E
Echoes 31.10.21

[member = 'themoderat'], probably a sponsor has appeared.

t
themoderat 31.10.21

Developers write that they deliberately interrupted the campaign, because they will not collect $ 280 thousand in 2 weeks

Coming soon to Steam Early Access

48Cf8e72wcE.jpg

Modified October 12, 2014 by themoderat

q
qdash 31.10.21

The game then appears from the 4th in yearly access! I will try to throw the bablet tomorrow and buy it, for example.

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'], * early

q
qdash 31.10.21

[member = 'Chronometro'], exactly! Ahahaha.

Shl. You bought?

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'] oh, only 249r ?! Tomorrow (today) then I'll buy it in the evening. 

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'], as promised, I bought it!

On installation already.

q
qdash 31.10.21

[member = 'Chronometro'], for some reason my game did not start. Well, it's okay, now they will solve the incident with my new motherboard, I will play on a new PC.

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[member = '- dD-'], it started and slows down wildly. I think it started with a built-in video chip, not a discrete intelligence. But now it's not up to the test. The main thing is that the potsans were supported :)

Modified Nov 9, 2014 by Chronometro

q
qdash 31.10.21

Well, well ... I played a little in Reflex.

Brief review: This is an arena shooter of a caliber higher than any other UT / Quake-style shooter attempt. Mechanics, weapons - everything is done simply by 5, evoking unconditional associations with Quake, but nevertheless this is not a clone of CPMA or QL, but something in between, without a feeling of hopeless secondary and worthless fragfest fuss. For the engine they are 5 - without textures everything looks just fine and, in principle, I don't need any textures in Reflex with the current visual style (QL looks disastrously LOW for me, but I'm used to it, because id originally made the engine this way in such a way that no amount of graphics cuts can affect the feel of the game conveyed through the gameplay). I am satisfied. It's a pity that the pace of development cannot be increased. )

C
Chronometro 31.10.21

[quote name = '- dD-' timestamp = '1416412103' post = '4535191'] weapon - everything is done just by 5 [/ quote]

From the sight of stakes in the wall, I straight orgasmed%) 

v
voyager 31.10.21

wOA2f97.jpg