3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
INTIUS 03.11.21 08:35 pm

The picture falls off during the game

Faced such a problem. About 4 months ago, after reinstalling Windows, the video card began to fail. I downloaded Dark Souls 3, pogamal about 30 minutes, after which the screen lit up pink, and the sound in the speakers stalled, nothing beckoned, the alto divides and so on. A couple of days later I started playing TF2, the game is old, there were no such problems. Then I downloaded the third witcher, the same problem, but the monitor can light up in a variety of colors (black, yellow, red), on the Internet they advised to restart the computer with the button. It got to the point that even the first Witcher, the 2007 game, has the same effect. At first I sinned on the processor, changed the thermal paste, everything is the same. I read it on the internet - they say the video card is overheating. I already have it quite old, 750Ti - 2016 purchase. What do you advise?
With the help of a donut, I tried to conduct a stress test. At 75 degrees, in the literal sense, it smelled burnt, turned it off.
40 Comments
Sort by:
S
Space Ðœarine 03.11.21

Identify the cause of the problem. In addition to vidyuhi, it can also be a power supply unit or a motherboard. But rather vidyuha or power supply.
If this is definitely a vidyuha, disassemble it and find out whether the chip is dumped or any burnouts. Draw conclusions, whether you can repair it yourself, whether you will hand it over for repair or will you make a replacement. With the power supply, in principle, the same thing.
What else can you advise.

r
requiemmm 03.11.21

There is a chance that the radiator mounting screws have simply loosened, thermal grease has crumbled and all that. Small. If the chip is sealed off, and this is an ass, it must be heated to the melting point of the solder, while not displacing it by a millimeter. At home, on the knee, the chance of success tends to zero. Therefore, take off the radiator, change the thermal paste, put it back together, if the artifacts are not lost - well, let's remember. The price tags, even for used rubbish, are not at all humane. 10 grand for a five-year garbage, they were totally fucked up there.

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

requiemmm
changed the thermal paste in vidyuha. the problem didn't go away. apparently - there is only a replacement

S
Space Ðœarine 03.11.21

INTIUS
Have you seen any visible defects on the video card itself?
Did you check if the smell of burning really comes from the vidyuhi or maybe from the power supply?

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

Space Marine
did not notice any defects. I looked now with the help of an attachment from Nvidia, the essence is as follows - before chopping off, the degree of loading increases on vidyukha, from 50-60 percent. up to 100 almost instantly. the temperature everywhere is of the order of 65-70 degrees (games), after replacing the thermal paste it became less - 50-60. I think the chip is falling off.

S
Space Ðœarine 03.11.21

INTIUS
If you do not have a FPS limit and the processor with the memory subsystem is not a performance bottleneck, then 95-100% load on the video card is a normal phenomenon, the normal mode of operation of a video card.

If the chip is dumped, then this is F.
You can try to lower the GPU frequencies a little by 50-100 MHz and slightly lower the voltage by 50-100 mV. Perhaps, with some probability, this will help restore stability, albeit with a slight loss in performance.

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

Space Marine
in general, I think, is a dead poultice. It's probably worth changing it. this is definitely a video card

M
Marsj 03.11.21

INTIUS
There may be problems with the power supply.

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

Marsj
this whole story began about 4 months ago. when playing tf2, for example, there is no such problem. and the unit is standard, exgate for 500 watts.

M
Marsj 03.11.21

"Good" power supply and pops.

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

Marsj
in what sense?

M
Marsj 03.11.21

INTIUS
Spoiler

You have 370W at 12V at 500W, if the manufacturer is not lying.

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

Marsj
may be bad, but for some reason I still have suspicions of vidyuhu

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

Marsj
which block from your experience can you advise?

S
Space Ðœarine 03.11.21

Marsj
He has a video card with a consumption of 60w.
INTIUS
If possible, test your video card with a friend or somewhere else. In tough games or in the same bagel.
Apparently, the problem is not very rare with this card https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/183687/gtx-750-ti-red-pink-screen /

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

Space Marine
okay.
Which manufacturer of power supplies should I pay attention to?

M
Marsj 03.11.21

INTIUS wrote: the
smell of burnt
And the power supply wires may burn.
INTIUS
I have a HIPER V1000c, they don't sell them now.

S
Space Ðœarine 03.11.21

INTIUS It depends on
which card you will take for replacement.

I
INTIUS 03.11.21

Marsj
and how does he behave?

M
Marsj 03.11.21

INTIUS
Noisy, no more complaints.