3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Masterdors 03.11.21 08:40 pm

Question about the passage of the quest \ "In the Claws of Madness \" (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

So, there was a problem with the passage of the quest "In the Claws of Madness." By chance, I ended up in my backpack with giblets and nakers and pigs. The ghost swears, says that I deceived him. Subject items from the backpack are not thrown out. So there is a way to complete the quest if I have both naker's and pork guts or I need to load an old save ?
27 Comments
Sort by:
Y
YarikMo97 03.11.21

Masterdors
It seems to me that no matter what kind of hearts and eyes you give, the ghost says that you deceived him. (although I may be wrong).
PS now I will try to pass the mission

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

Here is an excerpt from the walkthrough (Walkthrough from the extended edition), which describes the options for passing the quest ... I

highlight the most important thing ... We take Grydlya out of the basement and talk with both friends. [Choice] We have several
ways to solve the problem. [A] We can accept the ghost's offer
and give him what he wants. [B] We can tell the two companions what the ghost wants.
They will offer to go to the deception, bringing the hearts and eyes of pigs to the Nilfgaardian. They are not much
different from human ones, and the Flotzam butcher will gladly sell them. If we choose
this path, the ghost will believe us. Having saved the asylum from the curse, we will have to decide
what to do next with Rupert and Grydley: release them or hand them over to justice. [C]
We can also try to give the ghost the eyes and hearts of the nakers, but in this case the
Nilfgaardian will notice the deception and attack us. After defeating the ghost, we will also
have to decide what to do with Rupert and Grydley.

V
Verka Smerduchka 03.11.21

I also failed the trick with pig's hearts and eyes, in my opinion, the ghost cannot be fooled.
And you do not need to create separate topics for each question (Questions on the passage of the 1st chapter)

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

I looked at several passes ... All of them say the same thing ... So be it, I'll load the old save game, go through and unsubscribe.

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

So, no matter how I tried to go through this quest in the most peaceful way, nothing came of it. In order:
First, I used Wondermaster's advice and noticed the following pattern: Before taking the dude out of the ruins, I threw out all my hearts and eyes. If they are, then they are transferred after the dialogue with Rupert and Grydley to the section of things for tasks and you cannot throw them away.
Well, I threw them out, went to the butcher, and you know what? But nothing ... He nevertheless attacked me and christened me a deceiver. Although !!! In all the passages that I read it was written that if you give a ghost the eyes of a pig, then he will disappear of his own free will ...

In general, something does not add up here, but for this reason, I think it's too early to declare the topic closed ... Who went through this quest in this way at all ???

F
Festr .. 03.11.21

Masterdors
Not. I gave nakerskoe, killed the ghost, let the guys go. Preserved. I loaded the save before the dialogue and handed them both in. I looked. Loaded. I played on.

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

Festr ..
I also did it sometime =)

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

By the way, there is one little thought about this quest, although perhaps you also noticed it ... If you kill the ghost and hand over the dudes to Loredo, then an old woman will come to the gate. So I think that this is the woman who painted on the walls many years ago all sorts of crap. It seems to be a relative of Loredo (mother or grandmother). =)

V
Verka Smerduchka 03.11.21

I recently completed this quest again. Before going down to the hospital, I threw the eyes and hearts of the nakers out of the backpack, talked to the ghost, ran off and bought the pork, and there was no difference - the ghost still senses deception. So I don’t know. Maybe this trick worked on older versions of the game, and then something changed. Although, this is unlikely.

So I think that this is the woman who painted all sorts of crap on the walls many years ago. It seems to be a relative of Loredo (mother or grandmother). =)
-
Yeah, it’s like she. Marietta, mother of Loredo.

F
Festr .. 03.11.21

Masterdors
On what walls? On a quest, or what?

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

Festr ..
On the walls in the hospital. There was some kind of tin painted . In one of the medical cards it was said about a patient who is sick with schizophrenia and draws shnyaga on the walls.

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

In all these considerations, a question arose in me: Who is Loredo's father? =)

F
Festr .. 03.11.21

Masterdors
Aa .. Got it .
Some guy. Maybe a king, a prince, a prince, or maybe from the lower strata. It is unlikely that his story is so interesting, otherwise there would be more information about it. Maybe the quest would be given. Although, considering what they did to Egan's brother, I would not be surprised if in the third part they simply forget about Yennefer.

R
RGC 03.11.21

Cheto did not understand how long ago the events are described in the quest? Grydles with Rupert say that they were here in the last war with the Aedirn, that is, 3 years ago (when the Nilfgaardian was caught and tortured). but what is written in the medical cards is it just that? and the girl who stabbed their commander and ran away, who is this?

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

RGC
The events are described after one of the wars with Nilfgaard. The exact time is not specified, but it is implied that it was quite a long time ago. It is believed that this girl is Loredo's mother.

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

By the way, I decided to rummage in the journal about this quest. I found an entry that seems to explain everything. The ghost nevertheless removed the curse voluntarily, and then he attacked. I am quoting an excerpt from the magazine:

"Blinded by the thirst for revenge, the hungry spirit allowed himself to be deceived. He removed the curse from his executioners, but when the deception was revealed, the ghost attacked Geralt. "

I don’t know about Naker’s giblets, but here he nevertheless removed the spell voluntarily.

R
RGC 03.11.21

Masterdors is
impossible, how did this girl get older than a rupert with a pout?

M
Masterdors 03.11.21

RGC
It should start with the fact that this is no longer a girl. In the medical card it was written that this is a woman and that her illness (schizophrenia) originates in the events of childhood. So her age is still a question like the age of Rupert and Grydley. In general, the idea that Marieta the same woman from the psychiatric hospital came because of the sight of Marieta and because of her reaction to Rupert and Grydlya.

R
RGC 03.11.21

Masterdors
I'm not about a woman with schizophrenia, but about a girl who stabbed their boss and disappeared

L
Longobard 03.11.21

Festr ..
I have a question, what kind of a woman is Yennefer? I passed the first witcher and I don't remember anyone named Yennefer